PDA

View Full Version : BB Pearl 8130 Flashed to Metropcs, NO WEB/MMS Need Help!

nicegirl80
11-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and want to first say hello. I've searched the web all over for a solution and cannot solve the problem. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I'm having trouble. Got my BB 8130 flashed to Metropcs and it's working great for text & talk. But my web app is gone and also my mms is not working either.

I've changed my settings in QPST as all the tutorials state. I've tried at least 4 service books from different websites-nothing works. Can someone please help me? I'm a stay at home mom and would really like to be able to send pictures to family/friends and it's really bugging me that I can't get this working.

Thanks for reading and I hope to have this all working again, soon!:smile-new:

rich hathaway
11-29-2012, 06:21 PM
use legacy mode to load service books,if that doesnt get the browser to show up you will need to try the crack utility if still not showing up your only option is to reload it with desktop manager,i would suggest one of the older versions like 4.7

nicegirl80
11-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I've never accessed legacy mode before. If not too much trouble, can you give me some instruction on how to do this? Also, what is the crack utility? I'm using desktop manager 4.5, I also have cdma workshop on my pc, though I've never used it before.

rich hathaway
11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
for the pearl, im going from memory,go to settings/advanced/service books,then from that screen
Press and hold Alt on the phone Press SBEB for legacy mode,if you are successful phone will tell you. that path may need to be adjusted,i dont see many older berry's any more and i may be wrong.

crack utility is posted in this forum in more than one place or just google for it.

nicegirl80
11-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks so much for all your help. I'll give this a try tonight and hopefully all will be good by tomorrow. Keep you posted.

nicegirl80
11-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Ok, last question hopefully...I have the crack utility installed and connected to the phone. I don't want to tinker around and brick my phone. How do I go about getting the browser back using this software? Also, once the browser is back. How do I get everything working again? Sorry for repeating the same questions, but sometimes I can be a smart dummy.

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
i am going from memory so bear with me,go to file manipulation then read it,then there is a tab to remove file select that scroll down to the browser deamon file and remove it,now open desktop mngr and load sb,now back to cu,and choose load file to device it will bring up the file you need allow it run,also your phone should reboot after you remove the file and again after you load it,if it doesn't it is not working,run it as admin,and you may need to run in compatibility mode for win xp sp2. if that doesnt work to get the browser back then its reload time for you.

nicegirl80
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
You've been more than patient and thanks again for all your help on this. I found the browser-only when I hit "switch application" do I see it. I can live with that. When I click on the browser, of course it doesn't work. The message I get is "your browser does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries." I do have service books on the phone.

About legacy mode. I tried for about an hour to get into legacy mode on my phone with no luck. I've tried alt ss beb. I've tried alt ss alt b alt e alt b-nothing. I know you said and I've also read you need to be in legacy mode to load the service books. So now I'm just stuck. Any thoughts?

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
you dont have to be in legacy to load sb with crack u,only if you skip crack u and just use dtm do you have to be in legacy.you need to hold down the alt button,not keep pushing it.

here this will help

Blackberry Legacy Mode to Install Custom Service Books
8130, 8330, 8830

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book
Hold alt key (up arrow on 8130) and type S B E B
Should say "Legacy Restore Mode"

nicegirl80
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I meant to say I've also tried holding the alt button down as well-still no luck. My phone is just determined to make this hard for me. How do I load the service books in crack utility? Looks like the only thing I see to transfer is .cod or .jar files.

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 04:51 PM
you dont load the service books in cu,go back and read closely,you remove the browser file then go to desk t mgr and load books then back to cu to reload the browser file after the books are loaded. also your alt button on your 8130 is the up arrow,did you know that?

nicegirl80
11-30-2012, 06:03 PM
YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you!! Yes I definetly didn't read carefully sorry, but followed your instructions and browser is back and says Metropcs. Still no working mms and web though. Do I need to redo my settings in qpst again?

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
well i dont use qpst much but i dont think you can get it done with that program,but try.you really need cdma workshop one of the paid versions not the 2.7 crack

nicegirl80
12-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Ok, just wanted to give an update and also send props to Rich for being so wonderful and patient thru this whole thing for me. Thanks Rich. I was finally able to get my web/mms working, by doing one simple thing: ##000000 and send. I changed my MDN to match my current number-thats the only thing I changed. Hit save and let the phone reboot. And viola! Working web and mms. I'm so happy. I hope this thread helps anyone else using a dinosaur Blackberry like me =)

rich hathaway
12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
good going,that means your phone was flashed before.glad you got it going nicegirl.