PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4 sprint 5.1.1 help

ericgc1101
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
hi my iphone is already flashed to metro pcs and it is currently active. its on 5.1.1, mms doesn't work, and i get slow internet not 3g. also i only pay $25 dollars for it not $40. if i buy this tool will i be able to just flash it over these settings to fix everything on 6.0. also i wont have to reactivate another phone, then flash the iphone, then reactivate the iphone right? i could just flash it active. sorry if its hard to understand but please reply. thank you.

elisa191
11-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello,

Is your iPhone Sprint or Verizon?

elisa191

ericgc1101
12-01-2012, 03:59 PM
HI. its a sprint.

rich hathaway
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
hi my iphone is already flashed to metro pcs and it is currently active. its on 5.1.1, mms doesn't work, and i get slow internet not 3g. also i only pay $25 dollars for it not $40. if i buy this tool will i be able to just flash it over these settings to fix everything on 6.0. also i wont have to reactivate another phone, then flash the iphone, then reactivate the iphone right? i could just flash it active. sorry if its hard to understand but please reply. thank you.

leave your phone at 5.1.1 if you update you will be tethered,why would you do that,all you will gain really is facetime over 3g instead of wifi only.you must be on the 40 dollar plan
and you must use a bundle that works for metro on a sprint phone.mine is the only one i have seen that works.

ericgc1101
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
leave your phone at 5.1.1 if you update you will be tethered,why would you do that,all you will gain really is facetime over 3g instead of wifi only.you must be on the 40 dollar plan
and you must use a bundle that works for metro on a sprint phone.mine is the only one i have seen that works.

ok but when i buy your tool and when i flash my phone, everything will work right? i wont need t acivate my phone and then reactivate my iphone. also the 3g is only on the $40 plan?

rich hathaway
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
3g is not everywhere for metro,many metro users get only 1x,i am not sure about your local,but yes mms,data,t-t will work fine if you write your settings correctly.if you need help use our skype support.but do not go to skype until you purchased a credit because it is the first thing we will ask for is your login to verify that.

ericgc1101
12-05-2012, 06:48 PM
3g is not everywhere for metro,many metro users get only 1x,i am not sure about your local,but yes mms,data,t-t will work fine if you write your settings correctly.if you need help use our skype support.but do not go to skype until you purchased a credit because it is the first thing we will ask for is your login to verify that.

yeah i should get 3g im from southern california and i always see 3g and 4g commercials for metro pcs. anyways when i buy t will i be able to se it ht away? or will i have to wait untill you verify the purchase?

rich hathaway
12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
credit is instant/automated,and just because you see commercials for 3/4g doesn't mean anything,that is for metro branded phones only,there is a different plan your byod phone will be on.

ericgc1101
12-12-2012, 11:45 PM
credit is instant/automated,and just because you see commercials for 3/4g doesn't mean anything,that is for metro branded phones only,there is a different plan your byod phone will be on.

hi thank you for all your help but i forgot to ask for th last answer. i wont need to reactivate my old metro pcs phone and then flash my iphone with these new settings right? icould just leave my iphone with the line and just flash it again with your tool?

rich hathaway
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
that is correct.....

ericgc1101
12-13-2012, 01:22 AM
that is correct.....

ok thank you so much for your time/help. ill buy it tomorrow and if i need help with anything else ill ask. thanks

ericgc1101
12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
that is correct.....

hey what do i ask when i call metro pcs customer service and ask for the MIN? when i called the lady gave me my iphones MEID. idk if its because she didn't want to tell me or because she didn't understand what i was asking for.

rich hathaway
12-18-2012, 06:11 PM
min=mobile identification number

ericgc1101
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM

i know but its the customer service that give me my MEID. should i just keep asking for MIN?

ericgc1101
12-18-2012, 07:10 PM

or on my old metro pcs phone it has the MIN but idk if that changed when i activated my iphone. should i still call untill someone gives me the correct one?

rich hathaway
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
it should be the same if you didnt keep your number then it changed.

temper
12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I am having the same problem with my Sprint iPhone 5.1.1 (its for my local carrier though not Metro PCS). I only get talk, text, and 1x data. No 3G and no MMS. I programmed all the settings manually and double checked them. I have done the same programming with a Verizon iPhone on 6.0.1 and the Verizon one works fine on 3G and incoming MMS. Do Sprint iPhones require additional programming? Or is it something to do with 5.1.1?

rich hathaway
12-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I am having the same problem with my Sprint iPhone 5.1.1 (its for my local carrier though not Metro PCS). I only get talk, text, and 1x data. No 3G and no MMS. I programmed all the settings manually and double checked them. I have done the same programming with a Verizon iPhone on 6.0.1 and the Verizon one works fine on 3G and incoming MMS. Do Sprint iPhones require additional programming? Or is it something to do with 5.1.1?

well your not giving enough information like what carrier,and did you use the iphonecdmatool.com and the steps you took to flash it would be helpful in giving you an educated answer

temper
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM
well your not giving enough information like what carrier,and did you use the iphonecdmatool.com and the steps you took to flash it would be helpful in giving you an educated answer

Yes of course I used iphonecdmatool. Its for Syringa Wireless. I did the same steps for both the Sprint and Verizon iphones I have. After clicking read, I edited the IMSI, phone no., SID, 1x user & pass, and 3G user & pass, then clicked write. Then write PRL. I also tried leaving the 1x fields blank and writing 3G user & pass. Tried writing PRL first. Nothing has worked, still only 1x not 3G.

EDIT: problem was on the account side. finally figured it out after talking to several different people multiple times. Thanks for the tool and the help though it works great.