PDA

View Full Version : No settings are writing to my phone for Metro PCS from IPhoneCDMATool

jgiv24
11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I have put all the settings in and I have followed all the instructions in the tutorial and found other information such as usernames/pws etc and none of the settings are getting written to my phone. I have contacted support on Skype and e-mail but no responses as of yet. I have a Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1 jailbroken with SSH working. I get no errors, but nothing is getting written to the phone. I am using PRL 3032. Please help. Thanks.

- Jgiv24

jgiv24
11-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok, I am making progress. The Carrier now says Metro PCS 20.12 and when I connect to the tool all of my settings are correct when it reads the device. What do I need to do next to activate it? When I dial *228 it connects me to Verizon still. Please help.

stephenwoodsmus
11-17-2012, 12:35 AM
have you had your esn moved to metro pcs yet? if not it is a nesesary step. go to ebay and search ESN add to MetroPCS ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). you can get it done for $39 he will need some info

1) MetroPCS Account phone number (on which ESN would be added)
2) Pin/password of that account (usually date of birth)
3) ESN number that you want to add (starting with A.. or in DEC format)

also make sure to ask him to give you your MIN#

jgiv24
11-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Yep, ESN was already moved over and I got my MIN and put it into the tool.

rich hathaway
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
if you wrote your min and prl then simply just ota,after which you will eed to re-write your prl again and change it back to 3026

jgiv24
11-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Ok, I just did that and to update you, I was able to get the carrier to say Metro PCS and OTA without a problem and activate the device. I just tried to txt and it didn't work still. I installed the comm center patch too. Rich, could you Teamview with me and help please?

rich hathaway
11-17-2012, 05:45 PM
the sms problem some of you are experiencing is a bug,we are making a fix for it.since it is only a few with this problem and a few with mms small pics it is taking a bit more time.but we are aware of it and are currently making a fix for you guys.

jgiv24
11-17-2012, 06:44 PM
SMS is working. MMS is not and only certain sized attachments can be sent via email. Thanks for letting us know and thank you personally for all of your help today. Everything else is working great! Much appreciated. I'll keep checking for the fix.