PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4 CDMA 6.0.1 (no 3g)

stephenwoodsmus
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm in Tampa bay (clearwater) Florida. Iphone is fully flashed using iphonecdmatool and we have tried many differant prl's. what am i missing? what do i need to do to get my 3g to work? i have talk and txt and 1x internet ONLY. please don't read this and not comment if you can help me.

stephenwoodsmus
11-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Rich, Can you help me with this?

rich hathaway
11-15-2012, 09:55 PM
well some more info would help.for instance what carrier,what prl,did you load a bundle,a screenshot of your settings ect.

cbernardo13
11-16-2012, 02:22 AM
We don't have 3G in the Tampa area. Only 1x and 4g LTE. If you used Rich's tool, then the iPhone will automatically switch to 3g when you enter a 3g coverage area. Closest 3g coverage area to us is in Lakeland. Let me know if you have any questions

rich hathaway
11-16-2012, 11:40 AM
how do you know what carrier he is using?many carriers have 3g in tampa

stephenwoodsmus
11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
well some more info would help.for instance what carrier,what prl,did you load a bundle,a screenshot of your settings ect.

carrier=Metro PCS
PRL=i have tied many prl but am using the most current which is 3032.
Bundle?= the only thing i know of for a bundle is the metro pcs version 1 bundle in the iphonecdmatool.
is it safe to post a screen shot of all the settings that show up on the iphonecdmatool when i click the read button?

stephenwoodsmus
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
We don't have 3G in the Tampa area. Only 1x and 4g LTE. If you used Rich's tool, then the iPhone will automatically switch to 3g when you enter a 3g coverage area. Closest 3g coverage area to us is in Lakeland. Let me know if you have any questions

when you say no 3g do you mean no metro pcs 3g? then why do my firends with metro phones have 3g?

cbernardo13
11-17-2012, 03:02 AM
how do you know what carrier he is using?many carriers have 3g in tampa

I guess it was just a lucky guess Rich. Most (all) other carriers have 3g in Tampa. And yeah, even though most people's phones "say" 3g, that is only built into the rom of the phone. If it had the capability to show 1x, it would. I promise, metro doesn't have 3g in Tampa. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link you to a thread on xda that tells where there is confirmed 3g, but if you do a Google search, you should find it. It's on the Evo 3d forum. But good point Rich. Thanks for ALL your help

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

stephenwoodsmus
11-24-2012, 01:28 AM
I guess it was just a lucky guess Rich. Most (all) other carriers have 3g in Tampa. And yeah, even though most people's phones "say" 3g, that is only built into the rom of the phone. If it had the capability to show 1x, it would. I promise, metro doesn't have 3g in Tampa. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link you to a thread on xda that tells where there is confirmed 3g, but if you do a Google search, you should find it. It's on the Evo 3d forum. But good point Rich. Thanks for ALL your help

was metro a bad idea? should i move my iphone to a different carrier? i pay $35 a month so whats comparable in price that will offer me 3g in tampa?

cbernardo13
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm surprised Rich hasn't responded yet. Sorry about that. Personally, I think metro is great for talk & text, but internet sucks. I had metro, had to switch to boost because of the 3g

rich hathaway
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
i didnt respond because im just not sure of what carriers are available in tampa.if you have cricket out there,use them. there 3g is blazing fast (for 3g)
maybe chk your local phonebook to see what carriers have shops in your area.

ewsoares
11-26-2012, 11:32 PM
I have the new iOS update, lol.

rich hathaway
11-27-2012, 12:48 AM
lol,me to,i even got the 900.9 ios that will be released in the year 2024....lmao

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cbernardo13
11-27-2012, 01:51 AM
i didnt respond because im just not sure of what carriers are available in tampa.if you have cricket out there,use them. there 3g is blazing fast (for 3g)

No, I wish we had cricket. Only the prepaid that they sell at best buy and the radio shack wireless that I guess cricket supports

rich hathaway
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
ya for some reason cricket seems to stay outta the metro markets except for the sprint partner coverage and prepaid,kinda retarted if you ask me,but i guess they don't want to "take on" the competition or at least not metro.but theoretically if you could settle for a different area code you could open an account in say kansas city or somewhere they are based in and use it there on sprints network just fine.they may figure it out after a while and term you,but there are lots of peeps been doing that for more than a year and they haven't caught on yet

jgiv24
11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
So that means for anyone flashing their phone to Metro in Tampa does not get 3G speeds and only 1x? I wish I knew that before I flashed. I have multiple txt messages that I can't send also, is there anyway to fix this?

cbernardo13
11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
So that means for anyone flashing their phone to Metro in Tampa does not get 3G speeds and only 1x? I wish I knew that before I flashed. I have multiple txt messages that I can't send also, is there anyway to fix this?

What happens when you try and send the text? Do you get a message back from metro saying that you need to sign up for talk to text?

And yes, only 1x. Call me if you need boost

cbernardo13
11-27-2012, 04:23 PM
ya for some reason cricket seems to stay outta the metro markets except for the sprint partner coverage and prepaid,kinda retarted if you ask me,but i guess they don't want to "take on" the competition or at least not metro.but theoretically if you could settle for a different area code you could open an account in say kansas city or somewhere they are based in and use it there on sprints network just fine.they may figure it out after a while and term you,but there are lots of peeps been doing that for more than a year and they haven't caught on yet

Yeah, it is retarded. But I use boost anyways, so I'm running off of Sprint. I just wish we had cricket because it's easier to get the esns into the system

rich hathaway
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
for the text issue,it is because you must reboot tethered after you flash to make everything work,your text will work after that.

cbernardo13
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I forgot, this us the iPhone forum... Sorry

jgiv24
11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah I rebooted tethered after I flashed and I can txt just a lot don't get sent right away and I have to re-send over and over again until the message finally goes out. I have this problem a lot when txting other iPhones. I don't get any message, just message cannot be sent or message delivery failure. Also, I can't do any MMS either. Is this fixed yet Rich?

jgiv24
11-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah I rebooted tethered after I flashed and I can txt just a lot don't get sent right away and I have to re-send over and over again until the message finally goes out. I have this problem a lot when txting other iPhones. I don't get any message, just message cannot be sent or message delivery failure. Also, I can't do any MMS either. Is this fixed yet Rich?

Also, I am on PRL 3026, do you think it would make a difference for the 3G or MMS if I went to PRL 3032?

rich hathaway
11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
sounds like you didnt ota,do you show metro pcs on the top left of your phone?

jgiv24
11-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Yes, it says MetroPCS, shows the o instead of 3G and if I go to Settings -> General -> About, it shows Network: MetroPCS, Carrier: Metro PCS 20.12. If I click that it shows PRL: 3026. I did OTA after I flashed it the first time, then re-wrote the PRL when you were helping me. Should I use the tool and write the 3032 PRL and then OTA, then re-write PRL? Also, could I have screwed something up in the Commcenter patching? I followed your instructions to a T and got no errors. Please let me know. Thanks.

cbernardo13
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Rich, I might be off here, but does iMessages need to be turned on?

rich hathaway
11-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, it says MetroPCS, shows the o instead of 3G and if I go to Settings -> General -> About, it shows Network: MetroPCS, Carrier: Metro PCS 20.12. If I click that it shows PRL: 3026. I did OTA after I flashed it the first time, then re-wrote the PRL when you were helping me. Should I use the tool and write the 3032 PRL and then OTA, then re-write PRL? Also, could I have screwed something up in the Commcenter patching? I followed your instructions to a T and got no errors. Please let me know. Thanks.
if your carrier logo is showing then your bundle and cc patch are fine.you can rewrite as many prl's as you wish until you find the one that works best for you.you do not need to ota again if you carrier logo is showing.

jgiv24
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok thanks for the info. I found that my internet was not working either, so I remember what I had seen her once and turned off my cellular data and back on again. So far, no issues with text messages today, but the internet is still pretty slow. Also, have you guys fixed the bug when sending MMS on 6.0.1? I still can't send any MMS messages. Thanks.

rich hathaway
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
there was never any bug with sms,the problem is that you MUST reboot tethered when finished flashing for everything to work,peeps just arnt gettin that part of it,it will be that way with every tethered os that comes out.so please do that,also data roaming needs to be on.

jgiv24
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
This was from you on the thread I started "No settings are writing to my phone for Metro PCS from iPhoneCDMATool"
the sms problem some of you are experiencing is a bug,we are making a fix for it.since it is only a few with this problem and a few with mms small pics it is taking a bit more time.but we are aware of it and are currently making a fix for you guys.

That is why I thought there was a bug. I did reboot tethered as soon as the flash was done and everything worked except for MMS. That has never worked.

rich hathaway
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM
when i wrote that i wasnt sure what the problem was yet,but after a bit of looking it was determined that the problem was that peeps wernt rebooting when they finished flashing,after they did that it corrected the problem.you must have data for mms to work because it is data.i can teamview it for you to try and get it resolved.or just read the phone and send me a screenshot of it to my pm,do not post it here please.

@cbernardo13 for metro imessage does not have to be on.for cricket it should be on but does not have to.

jgiv24
11-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Ok, PM sent. Thanks for the help Rich.

cbernardo13
11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
when i wrote that i wasnt sure what the problem was yet,but after a bit of looking it was determined that the problem was that peeps wernt rebooting when they finished flashing,after they did that it corrected the problem.you must have data for mms to work because it is data.i can teamview it for you to try and get it resolved.or just read the phone and send me a screenshot of it to my pm,do not post it here please.

@cbernardo13 for metro imessage does not have to be on.for cricket it should be on but does not have to.

Oh, OK. I wasn't sure. I know I tried to turn it on for a customer before, but it never completed the activation

stephenwoodsmus
11-29-2012, 01:03 AM
hey rich, I saw you posted : i didnt respond because im just not sure of what carriers are available in tampa.if you have cricket out there,use them. there 3g is blazing fast (for 3g)

There are no Cricket stores close by. there is a boost store. BUT on the cricket website the coverage map claims to have service including 3g covering my area. What do you guys advise? should i drop metro (due to no 3g coverage) and move to another carrier? If anyone else can recemond a carrier that will suply me 3g in tampa bay please speak up :)

cbernardo13
11-29-2012, 01:11 AM
hey rich, I saw you posted : i didnt respond because im just not sure of what carriers are available in tampa.if you have cricket out there,use them. there 3g is blazing fast (for 3g)

There are no Cricket stores close by. there is a boost store. BUT on the cricket website the coverage map claims to have service including 3g covering my area. What do you guys advise? should i drop metro (due to no 3g coverage) and move to another carrier? If anyone else can recemond a carrier that will suply me 3g in tampa bay please speak up :)

PagePlus is about the only other one that allows the esns to be added. I can probably help you if no one else on here is an authorized dealer

elisa191
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM

Hello,

Our stores are south of you from Sarasota to Naples and we flash iPhones to Cricket and it works great. No reason you cant flash to cricket in Tampa. The only issue is that they won't generate a local phone number for you but we just set up a account with Boost or page plus and then port the number over to cricket. They seem to take a port from anywhere. Cricket 3g data down here works really well.

Hope this helps

elisa191

cbernardo13
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Hello,

Our stores are south of you from Sarasota to Naples and we flash iPhones to Cricket and it works great. No reason you cant flash to cricket in Tampa. The only issue is that they won't generate a local phone number for you but we just set up a account with Boost or page plus and then port the number over to cricket. They seem to take a port from anywhere. Cricket 3g data down here works really well.

Hope this helps

elisa191

That's a great idea to get on cricket! I might consider that! How's the 3g speeds?

stephenwoodsmus
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Hello,

Hope this helps

elisa191
which plan is best? i prefer unlimeted talk text and voice. is the 3g unlimited? i dnt want to find myself going over any limitys and being charged extra

jgiv24
11-29-2012, 11:52 PM
That's a really good idea for 3G. So there is no way to get 3G from Metro on iPhone in Tampa Bay? I updated my PRL TO 3032 and still cannot get MMS. SMS. Internet And talk all work. Any ideas guys?? Rich?

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 12:39 AM
if you flashed with my tool just load the bundle and if your web works your mms will work as long as you see the carrier logo on the top. if it still doesn't you need to check your account.

elisa191
11-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Remember that not all markets get 3g data from Metro. Many Florida markets are still 1x markets for metro. In Naples and Ft. Myers we just got 3G in the last few months!

Just because the phone says 3g dosnt mean that it is! Check your market.

I don't know about Tampa Bay but Sarasota is 3g on Metro.

Hope this helps

elisa191

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
if you flashed with my tool just load the bundle and if your web works your mms will work as long as you see the carrier logo on the top. if it still doesn't you need to check your account.

I did that and yes web works but no mms. It fails every time. How do I check my account, you mean with Metro?

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
yes i mean with metro,call customer service,also you need to boot tethered when your finished flashing if you didn't do that it could be messin you up.

cbernardo13
11-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Ask metro to refresh your account. Don't tell then it's an iPhone cause they'll stop helping you and blame it on that. Just tell them you haven't been getting SMS, and to refresh your account. If they question that it's a Houdini phone, tell then it's an evo 4g, the min and mdn are correct. This is just to eliminate then from refusing to help

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I did boot tethered when I was finished. How do I call them for help if I am troubleshooting an iPhone and they don't know I use an iPhone?

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 04:19 PM
@CBernardo13 didn't see your message before I posted. Thanks I'll try that and see if it works.

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
please go on the phone to settings/general/about and tell me what carrier you see there.also tap carrier until the prl comes up to be sure your prl of choice is on there.

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Ask metro to refresh your account. Don't tell then it's an iPhone cause they'll stop helping you and blame it on that. Just tell them you haven't been getting SMS, and to refresh your account. If they question that it's a Houdini phone, tell then it's an evo 4g, the min and mdn are correct. This is just to eliminate then from refusing to help

I called them and they said that they cannot guarantee all services to work on a flashes non-Metro phone. They even said this after I told them it was an Evo 4g. Still, they did the refresh on the account but I still can't send any MMS.

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 06:16 PM
please go on the phone to settings/general/about and tell me what carrier you see there.also tap carrier until the prl comes up to be sure your prl of choice is on there.

Carrier is Metro PCS, PRL is 3032. Everything else works great. Internet is a little slow but that has already been addressed (no 3G in Tampa Bay for Metro) and everything else works except for MMS. As stated above, Metro customer service already did a refresh on my account. I have no idea what else could be the problem.

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Rich, I had sent you a PM with a screen shot of my settings on the tool yesterday. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
your screenshot looks to be ok
so do this,add the repo sinfuliphonerepo.com to your cydia then go to that repo and add tetherme cracked,that will add the cell net data tab to your network screen where you can verify that the bundle wrote the settings to your phone

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Actually, I already had tetherme cracked. Can I post a screen shot of what is listed here or should I PM it to you?

rich hathaway
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
send it to my pm in case its wrong,or we will have a thousand peeps using them and having the same problem

jgiv24
11-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Ok, PM sent. Thanks for taking a look.