PDA

View Full Version : Idea about SHSH file

Thecode
11-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I read the forum rules, but i don't really know if this ?/idea falls under any prohibited discussions. So please any admin or mod that thinks this is post prohibited let me know and i wont bring it up again. Thanks

I know Apple is no longer signing shsh files for any ios under 6.0.1. I also know that that there is no way to view or edit a blob shsh. (That i know of) But what i was thinking is that, Is it possible to run a packet sniffer or some kind of network tool to catch the info sent and received from itunes to the Apple server when Doing a ipsw restore? In my point of view this shouldn't be illegal cause we should be able to see whats being sent to are personal computer from the internet.

rich hathaway
11-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I read the forum rules, but i don't really know if this ?/idea falls under any prohibited discussions. So please any admin or mod that thinks this is post prohibited let me know and i wont bring it up again. Thanks

I know Apple is no longer signing shsh files for any ios under 6.0.1. I also know that that there is no way to view or edit a blob shsh. (That i know of) But what i was thinking is that, Is it possible to run a packet sniffer or some kind of network tool to catch the info sent and received from itunes to the Apple server when Doing a ipsw restore? In my point of view this shouldn't be illegal cause we should be able to see whats being sent to are personal computer from the internet.

it is not illegal nor against any forum rules here. but good luck.
just an fyi
sh files store exclusive chip ID's,they are used to communicate with apple and upon approval from apple via itunes,apple will generate unique signatures for your device and encrypt them for you making them useless so you cant do anything with them other than let your itunes use them.
lots of peeps have tried to do that but no one has been able to get that job done bro.

Thecode
11-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Ok. I figured this was tried before but it was worth a shoot to ask. Thanks for the quick reply.