PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to iOS 6 from 5.1.1 on iphone 4

jgiv24
10-30-2012, 11:14 AM
This may have been answered already but I did not see it posted. If I upgrade to iOS 6.0 from 5.1.1, will I have to unlock/jailbreak my phone again? I am pretty sure I have to but I couldn't remember. Also, would I have to re-flash it with the newly updated CDMA Tool software or would I not have to? Thanks in advance.

- Jgiv24

rich hathaway
10-30-2012, 05:15 PM
it depends on how you go about updating it,if you use dfu and wipe your device then you will need to reflash,either way you do it you will need to rejailbreak,if you dont use the wipe or dfu and just use the restore button you can re-ota if its for cricket and you will get data again,but you will need to install commcenter patch to get mms again.

jgiv24
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
It's currently with Metro PCS and I am OK with re-jailbreaking it but I didn't want to have to re-flash if I didn't have to. Would I have to use the CDMA Tool to install the commcenter patch?

rich hathaway
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
no you dont have to,but it is automated from there,otherwise you must do it all manually

smartmazila
10-31-2012, 12:36 PM
I updated 5.1.1 to 6 and lost 3G & cant send SMS. I know that 3G is no problem, I'll get it back by commcenter patch but SMS is serious problem. any solutions.

rich hathaway
10-31-2012, 11:07 PM
you dont need to patch cc to get 3g.

and i have not seen any issues with sms when upgrading to 6x

sounds like you should check your nam settings,maybe you are in limbo between 2 carriers.

smartmazila
11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I got DFS account (cause your tool was not released yet :) for this device & programmed nam. 3G works fine but SMS not works. I tested on 2 devices and same problem. one of them is sprint and another is vzw. i think there is problem with smsc nimber but cant find any solution for it :(

chewdog316
12-23-2012, 07:38 PM
So my understanding is we should be good to upgrade if we are coming from the original iphone 4 flash era? IE amoreamare and rich hathaway solutions?
I have already flashed with the original russian cdmatool and used the cricket users forum tutorial to do everything else. (it combines rich and amoramare flashing techniques.)
So, I should be okay to upgrade. Then commcenter.
Anything else?