PDA

View Full Version : CDMA Advice Franklin U600/Epic 4G Sprint

Andrew Markham
10-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok not sure exactly where this should go but let me explain what I am trying to do.

I have a Franklin U600 EVDO Modem through Sprint (3G/4G) that has a subscription.

I have a Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700) that is no longer activated on Sprint.

What I am trying to do is program the Epic to appear as the U600 on at least the 3G if not both data networks.

Is this at all possible and if so what software would it require and what info would I need to flash to the Epic?

rich hathaway
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
on some networks data will work if you simply flash the phone with account settings from a device that is already active on the network,not needing to clone or do anything illegal with regard to meid/esn.
cricket has been that way since the start,however they recently fixed that "bug",now seems to only work on a few accounts/devices,most wont work that way anymore. not sure if sprint is the same but i doubt it. if they arent then your alternative is to perform an illegal act to get it done,which we will not help you do here.

Andrew Markham
10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
on some networks data will work if you simply flash the phone with account settings from a device that is already active on the network,not needing to clone or do anything illegal with regard to meid/esn.
cricket has been that way since the start,however they recently fixed that "bug",now seems to only work on a few accounts/devices,most wont work that way anymore. not sure if sprint is the same but i doubt it. if they arent then your alternative is to perform an illegal act to get it done,which we will not help you do here.

Basically I've done a small bit of research. If I understand you correctly I may be able to do it by simply flashing the Franklin U600 modems mip settings including AAA and HA keys but more than likely that wouldn't work unless I also illegally edited the meid/esn.

I have no intention of doing anything illegal. I have been able to obtain my mip settings from the device but am running into trouble accessing/acquiring my AAA/HA keys.