PDA

View Full Version : SPH-930BST - Samsung Transform Ultra - No readable memory areas

AmazingDisgrace
10-18-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm trying to scan a Boost-branded Samsung Transform Ultra (using the CDMA Workshop demo v3.8.7) to find the readable address ranges, but all of the memory appears to be unreadable. Here are the results I'm getting:

Scanning RAM memory for readable areas, in range of: 0000:0000 - FFFF:FFFF
Unreadable area from: 0000:0000
Done.

Could using the wrong 16 digit password cause it to not find any readable addresses? I haven't been able to find the password specific to this model (SPH-930BST), and I can't tell if the Samsung default password or any of the others I've tried are ok, because no matter what random numbers I enter, CDMA Workshop says "Password is correct. Device unlocked". I know at least my SPC is correct because the program gives me an error if I try a wrong code.

I haven't had any better results with the DFS CDMA Tool demo (4.0.0.6) either. Dumping the memory with that software just results in a bin file entirely filled with 0s. Same with the memory viewer in QXDM.

Does anyone have a Transform Ultra password I can try or some suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

rich hathaway
10-18-2012, 09:15 AM
well what are you trying to do?

AmazingDisgrace
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Rich, I'm trying to get the memory dumps so I can find the meid locations. I know discussions of meid repair are restricted to the premium forum - does that rule apply to threads about searching memory for the meid as well?

rich hathaway
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
well,meid is a very grey area and probly should not be talked about here as the forum stands to take liabilities for it.

but as far as just reading memory,it is ok as flashing has been determined to be legal by the high court.
that error your getting

Scanning RAM memory for readable areas, in range of: 0000:0000 - FFFF:FFFF
Unreadable area from: 0000:0000
Done.

read it carefully,you are only searching for readable areas of nv ram,what you need to do is actually read the nv not scan for readable areas of it.

so instead of using the "scan memory" tab use the "nv-items" tab click read and set it like i have it here to start at 0 and finish at 65535 if it stops at an unreadable address,just restart it from one number/letter up from where it stopped at.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

and please do not mention anything else about meid in the public part of the forum,if you need specific help it sound like you know where to go already.

AmazingDisgrace
10-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I've been able to read nv-items without any trouble, but I was under the impression that it was a separate thing from the memory that CDMA WS reads when you use the upper menu of the memory tab, and that whatever data you're looking for may appear in both places.

With this phone at least, the data from nv-items appears to be all I needed after all. Thanks for your help!