openssh into device and type this line by line pressing enter after each line

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
cp CommCenter CommCenter.org
cp CommCenter CommCenter.tmp
echo "000e9616: 0120" | xxd -r - CommCenter.tmp
ldid -s CommCenter.tmp
chmod 755 CommCenter.tmp
mv CommCenter.tmp CommCenter

this will patch you commcenter then install a carrier bundle of your choice modded for iOS6

jcarlos_7
10-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I followed the steps and after that dialed *228 and it programmed successfully. Thanks for the info.

rondoo
10-18-2012, 08:56 PM
jailbreak and install cydia then boot tethered

open cydia choose developer

install openssh, link Identity editor, Vi IMproved

openssh into device and type this line by line pressing enter after each line

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
cp CommCenter CommCenter.org
cp CommCenter CommCenter.tmp
echo "000e9616: 0120" | xxd -r - CommCenter.tmp
ldid -s CommCenter.tmp
chmod 755 CommCenter.tmp
mv CommCenter.tmp CommCenter

this will patch you commcenter then install a carrier bundle of your choice modded for iOS6
in the line "echo...." the command window says -xxd: comand isn't valid or some like that... Can you please help me i can't activate my iphone 4 VZW :(

smartmazila
10-19-2012, 06:05 AM
I tested it on ios 6 device. all commands entered well (without errors) but cant install any carrier bundle from cydia.
seems that this patching method not works.

rich hathaway
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
use this:

Install OpenSSH from Cydia

use Cyberduck,putty or any other ssh client to sh in the phone

Go to: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
and overwrite the commcenter there from the link below.

Do not turn off the iPhone now, if you do, you will have to restore.
now open the cli/terminal from the sh client you are using[most of them have one] and type:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
default password is alpine
type: cd /
press enter,

now type or better yet copy and paste: ldid -s /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

press enter

now c+p or type chmod +x /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

press enter

you will not see any confirmation message from your terminal.

Verify that CommCenter has the proper permission it should be 755.

At this point CommCenter is patched and ready to accept unsigned and
or modified bundles or plist's

ALSO IT SHOULD BE SAID THAT THIS IS ONLY FOR IP4 CDMA,IT WILL NOT WORK ON ANY GSM PHONE AS THEY USE COMMCENTER CLASSIC AND NOT COMMCENTER ALSO IT WILL NOT WORK ON IP4S OR IP5 THEY WILL REQUIRE A DIFFERENT PATCH.

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

ClassickWorld2010
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
You said overwrite from the link below... where's the link?

123456&
10-19-2012, 02:01 PM
There is a link, just hit thanks button. and the contents will be raveled.

equdecom
10-19-2012, 06:40 PM
No Frameworks Folder in Library205

rich hathaway
10-19-2012, 06:54 PM
No Frameworks Folder in Library205

you are in the wrong directory dude,you need to be in this directory

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

you cd'd into library
go back and follow the direction carefully,it is correct for iphone 4 cdma only.

ClassickWorld2010
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Tried this method on two different Sprint iPhones. It still won't let me install carrier bundles from cydia.

ljm1715
10-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Tried this method on two different Sprint iPhones. It still won't let me install carrier bundles from cydia.

you cant take any of the older carrier bundles and install them in iOS6 it wont stick because in the bundle it says what os its written for.

For cricket go into the directory with all the carriers COPY the items from insid e310CKT to the clipboard and PASTE them into the operator.bundle and the carrier bundle that is native to your iphone that way you dont screw up your symbolic links

calebcoverdale
10-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Technically with an iOS 6 commcenter patch, I should be able to replace the PRL of my choice inside of the folder and flash it to a different network? Giving me cell service on a seperate network alltogether?

rich hathaway
10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
the phone will respect bundles from 5xx

there a few differences in 6xx bundles but any of the 5xx bundles i have made that are in the tool will work with 6xx to recover data services on a previously full flashed ip,as long as the update to 6xx was not done from dfu and as long as the wipe all content and settings feature was not used.

rahmadi aji
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
I've done all steps on my Iphone 4 cdma VZ, I change prl to different carrier (use step like in 5.xx) but why it doesn't work? my phone still using previous prl....
Do I miss something? at general >> about >> still old prl. I've replace with new prl (at /System/Library/CarrierBundle/Iphone/carrier)
Would you help me to solve this Rich? Thanks..

smartmazila
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=rahmadi aji;40157]I've done all steps on my Iphone 4 cdma VZ, I change prl to different carrier (use step like in 5.xx) but why it doesn't work? my phone still using previous prl....
Do I miss something? at general >> about >> still old prl. I've replace with new prl (at /System/Library/CarrierBundle/Iphone/carrier)
Would you help me to solve this Rich? Thanks..[/Q

you need to add prl in this folder - \System\Library\Carrier Bundles\iPhone\Zeppelin_US.bundle
follow this steps - theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tutorial:Re-Provisioning_iPhone_4_using_file_system_(Incomplet e)#Manually_Updating_PRL

mannyhector
10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
will this work for iphone 4 on 4.2.8? Asking because I dont want to uptade to 6.0

rahmadi aji
10-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I've done twice.......still using old PRL.....
Try installed cricket bundle, and replace PRL with my carrier, but why it still using the old PRL. I have changed /Zeppelin_US.bundle and also Cricket_FTT.bundle, why the PRL doesn't change?

ydiddy
10-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Dont worry. Friday the new tool for ios6 support will be released. Like before our tool will feature auto install cc patch.

rahmadi aji
10-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Good News.....I'm waiting.
By the way, I explored iphone at /var/wireless/Library/Preferences , there is file com.apple.commcenter.plist in this file I found
<key>PhoneNumber</key>
<string>{phone_number}</string>
Can I change this phone number here? Is related to MDN?

second....
I also found directory at /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/Iphone/Zeppelin_US_bundle/ this directory has same files like in /System/Library/Carrier Bundle/iphone/Zappelin_US..... which one it used by the iphone?
and in /var/mobile/Library/ there is link Carrier Bundle.bundle
May be this file used by iphone to determine the carrier config ???

rich hathaway
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
the system side of the phone is just that,"system" side of your phone,the var side is the side that the phone uses when you load files to your phone,for instance when you load a carrier bundle you will notice it loads to the var side[var = variable = storage for variable data i.e. logs & files] and not the carrier side,there are a few exceptions to this,but for the most part that is how it is. the bundle you have loaded will be set in
/var/mobile/library/operator bundle.bundle in case your curious what bundle you have loaded.this is also dependant on whether or not your commcenter is correctly patched as to if your bundle works or not.

EDIT: i just realised we are way of topic here,this is kinda a hijack of lj's cc thread.lets try to keep our post's on the subject of patching cc for ios6 please.thanks.

rahmadi aji
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Okay, Rich...I'm just curious about that, sorry if we are away of topic.
Thanks, Rich..

rich hathaway
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
its ok, i may move the last couple of posts to a more appropriate place,so dont think i deleted them..lol.

rahmadi aji
10-27-2012, 02:24 AM
After several trial, I also test commcenter & carrier bundle from neighboor forum, and get me stuck booting at apple logo. 8 hours I had to restore from itunes :( , jailbreak again....Then i tried CC from this thread, it work well, changed PRL....works. Thanks ...Awesome
next, I have to put my phone number to Verizon Phone. It works when I used Sprint Iphone 5.1.1 using Cricket Bundle, it running smooth eventhough voice & text only, its enough for me. Now I've already patch CC, change PRL, can anybody tell me how to set my MDN/MIN without tools? can I install Cricket bundle again to set MDN/MIN? I don't want to restore again..it's pain. Thanks.

rich hathaway
10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
all my bundles on the tool enable manual programming by dialing ##777 but you can only get them from the tool,i will not post them anywhere.

draco31
10-30-2012, 03:56 PM
wheres the link? i press thanks and still won't show

rich hathaway
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
wheres the link? i press thanks and still won't show
i just check the links,they are good.press both the thanks buttons

draco31
10-30-2012, 07:21 PM
thank i got it im going to use it ill post my results

draco31
10-30-2012, 07:50 PM
installed fine i install bundles but i cant activate the phone on a diferent carrier i try using ##777 but it wont activate either what im doing wrong?by the way rick what tool you talking about?

rich hathaway
10-30-2012, 09:51 PM
iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and the ##777 wont work unless you install one of my bundles from the tool.and that is only to manually program your mdn and min.

abdu59
11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
thank you so mutch