PDA

View Full Version : mifi 2200 prepaid flashing

zerocool29
09-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I understand there are some people who say they can flash a mifi to Verizon prepaid I'm not here to ask how to flash I already know how what I don't understand is that they claim unlimited data for only 5 dollars a month how is this possible verizon does not have this type of plan

captainkirks
09-16-2012, 02:01 PM
i think they are coping a cricket number into the device. cricket does not check meid for data just the number.

markymark805
09-16-2012, 02:31 PM
no what they are doing, and not telling you (from what ive figured out from reading various sites and ebay listings that sell it), is setting you up with the verizon prepaid plan, thats just those cards you buy, like you put a 30 dollar card on it, then you get unlimited data for only 99 cents a day thru verizon prepaid, basically, that you use it... but you need to keep at least 5 bucks on your account every month to keep it active... becuase the card only gets deducted if you use your account on a particular day.... So its like, if you put a $30 dollar card into the prepaid account, you get basically 30 days worth of unlimited 3g data at .99 cents a day, but if you only use your data 10 days out of the 30, your account only goes down to $20 dollars.... becuase you only used 10 days of data.... yes, horrible explanation, cant figure out how to type it out better. lol

whitey10tc
09-17-2012, 12:26 AM
I think the $5/mo is a BS selling point or something that is illegal in nature.

On another point.

There's a new provider coming up in the next month or so that will be doing a mifi and first month for around $250 and then around $60 month after that for unlimited. Ads should start displaying here on the forum for them in the next few weeks.

All the details I can give right now.

Josue Proano
12-30-2012, 05:02 AM
Hi i've been trying to flash my mifi to VZ prepaid, but i havent had any luck, could someone please help me, or point me to a tutorial which might help me?

thank you

rotativo
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I want to learn how to flash my Mifi to verizon prepaid and I am willing to pay for your time or tutorial. I did a full flash of a Evo to Boost before, so I know the basic concept of flashing. Thank for reading and have a good day....

iflash
02-05-2013, 07:27 AM
i can remotely flash it for you

ldsconvert
02-11-2013, 10:59 PM
did anyone ever figure this out, I would love a tutorial on how to do it. verizon prepaid to mifi 2200.

- - - Updated - - -

did anyone ever figure this out, I would love a tutorial on how to do it. verizon prepaid to mifi 2200.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

deathtrip
02-23-2013, 05:11 PM
No 3G/EVDO service validates the ESN or MEID for data. All you need is a valid/active EVDO Profile.

Back before the whole "flash to Boost" rave hit, I discovered that all you need for data was the two profiles (Profile0 and Profile1) (AAA user/pass) of the EVDO device. On HoFo (Boost CDMA section) there is even a claim by myself from quite some time back of successfully getting the MiFi, as well as USB Sierra Wireless cards working on Boost's PayGo Daily Unlimited web.

As long as you have EVDO service available on your plan, be it prepaid, paygo, postpaid, whatever, all you have to do is copy the correct info from an active device to the MiFi, or other EVDO device. I've never had any problems with the MiFi, AirCard, Raven, and PCI devices.

Using a Verizon branded MiFi is easier since it has a 0'd MSL, but if you want to use it off the VZW network, you need a PRL for the network you want to use it on, as well as the correct IP addresses for the EVDO Profile.

Here's a post I started when I built my own custom type "MiFi" using an old HTC Mogul board, and custom made aluminum case back in 2010.

My custom/homebrew Boost MiFi (clone). ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

aceofhearts3
03-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi,
I'm having troubles with a Novatel 2200 that i'm trying to switch to verizon prepaid. I can't see to get it to activate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

malonepgh
05-01-2013, 12:55 AM
I think I wasted 50 on this, if someone gets it working, let me know. Im a little confused about how u set it up, account.

***Mod Edit link removed***

whitey10tc
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I think I wasted 50 on this, if someone gets it working, let me know. Im a little confused about how u set it up, account.

***MOD Edit link removed***
SO did you buy this file from someone? Please reveiw the forum rules about sharing solutions.

JaiFar1996
05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
the flsh mifis to verizon pp system is going down all across the country. it seems it started happening last thursday. every day more and more are going down. i dont recommend you buy one of even make one until a someone comes out with a workaround

theguy620
05-09-2013, 10:12 AM
my mifi ive had for a few months wont connect to the net. i get a popup saying it appears im not currently signed up for service. is this happening to others? does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

rich hathaway
05-09-2013, 10:21 AM
they went down? you mean they were reported lost or stolen and blacklisted? or are you talking about a sprint device?

your pm said you thought we are against guides here,just fyi we are all about guides here,(if they are yours)what we do not allow is for you to buy,steal,or have given to you someone else's solution and you post it.
we are the only forum that still has those values of integrity of someones work. if you make a solution you are welcome to post it,but if you are not the creator or dont have explicit permission from them it will get you banned.

theguy620
05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
i didnt realize i did anything wrong. i was just asking if anyone had this same issue and if so how did they manage to get the device working again.

rich hathaway
05-09-2013, 10:52 AM
lol not you bro, i was referring jaifar1996's pm he sent me.you both are good,was just answering him.

elisa191
05-09-2013, 12:51 PM
the flsh mifis to verizon pp system is going down all across the country. it seems it started happening last thursday. every day more and more are going down. i dont recommend you buy one of even make one until a someone comes out with a workaround

my mifi ive had for a few months wont connect to the net. i get a popup saying it appears im not currently signed up for service. is this happening to others? does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Would just like to let you guys know that we sell about 100 of these units a week and we DO HAVE THE WORKAROUND although its not really a workaround its just flashing it the "right" way (IOHO) and over the 10k+ units we have the only time one comes back is if a customer updates it!

Please don't ask me "TELL ME HOW YOU DO IT" I'm not known for giving solutions away anymore those days have come and gone the reason for this post is that you suggest that people stop buying mifis flashed to verizon when what might be more appropriate is

"Don't buy mifis from guys who dont really know how to flash them"

There are many of us who flash them correctly and verizon's security checks aren't going to disrupt service on our units.

Thanks

elisa191

thepabster
05-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't see a single MiFi listed on your site?

elisa191
05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
We sell mifis via ebay

Sprint Sierra Overdrive Pro Flashed to Verizon Prepaid Hotspot MiFi 2200 | eBay ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

thanks

elisa191

rich hathaway
05-10-2013, 12:34 AM
there was nothing productive about any of those posts,i am leaving this thread open because there is a need for information about novatel devices and this is where it should be,but any more flaming will result in the ban hammer swinging.instead of flaming why dont we post something useful about mifi's here that will benefit our members.

thepabster
05-11-2013, 11:16 AM
We sell mifis via ebay

Sprint Sierra Overdrive Pro Flashed to Verizon Prepaid Hotspot MiFi 2200 | eBay ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

thanks

elisa191

Ah, OK, didn't see anything on your web site. And your eBay listing has ended? I don't see any MiFi or Hotspot units on Verizon Prepaid for sale?

richdarula
05-11-2013, 01:35 PM
well the one who made the comment about using the phone to keep from being flagged kinda makes sense because i dont know anyone that has their phone flashed to Verizon prepaid get disconnect. So maybe there is some truth to using the phone to possibly avoid being flagged.

ebarrowes
05-13-2013, 12:02 PM
I've had a flashed MiFi 2200 since May of last year, and it has worked like a charm. Unlimited 3G. Last week, I am told, Verizon issued an update plugging the loophole. Prepaid4all, a seller on ebay, claims to have a walkaround. We'll see how that works out. They want $10/mo. for the walkaround.

ebarrowes
05-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Would just like to let you guys know that we sell about 100 of these units a week and we DO HAVE THE WORKAROUND although its not really a workaround its just flashing it the "right" way (IOHO) and over the 10k+ units we have the only time one comes back is if a customer updates it!

Please don't ask me "TELL ME HOW YOU DO IT" I'm not known for giving solutions away anymore those days have come and gone the reason for this post is that you suggest that people stop buying mifis flashed to verizon when what might be more appropriate is

"Don't buy mifis from guys who dont really know how to flash them"

There are many of us who flash them correctly and verizon's security checks aren't going to disrupt service on our units.

Thanks

elisa191

I have a 2200 that was flashed remotely, using a prepaid ($15) from Walmart as a ...... It has just shut off. You are saying that you can do it "right?"

JaiFar1996
05-13-2013, 07:03 PM
sorry....it wasnt about rules/guides. it was more of a heads up to those that had them or were planning on buying one

leon12150
05-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I have two mifis. One ftom ebay and one flashed remotely. I do not have the phones fo either of them. The remotely flashed mifi had been off for a month and is still working. I set up the voicemail on the account and left a few messages hoping vrz will think the phone is active and not shut it off. I did the same on the dead mifi hoping it would be revived but no luck. Anybody have any luck reviving dead mifis? Seems we have to get another phone and send it and the mifi to be reprogrammed correctly on the existing account to save the account balance. No real happy but still is a very good deal.

My working mifi was programmed remotely. It has modem firmware v139.083 . I can connect it to my MBR95 router with the USB cable. I can not do this with the other mifi with modem firmware v169 . V139.083 is seen by my laptop when plugged in with USB but I can not connect as USB modem. Anyone able to use mifi as USB modem?

leon12150
05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Spoke too soon. Other mifi is also down.

elisa191
05-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I posted my solution for you guys

Hope it helps

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

elisa191

ajboyd96
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Somebody point me in the right direction i want to learn how to flash phones, mifis, sierras
Do i need to buy cdma workshop only or is there additional programs. I watched video on how to flash mifis with new filters - seems easy enough, do i need to become premium member first where do i sign up. last question is 3g .....s how does that work and how do i set that up fort the prepaid. Total newb here.

leon12150
05-22-2013, 06:37 PM
I had both of my mifis reflashed. The one with firmware 169 has stopped working. The other one with firmware v139.083 has been powered off. I was reading about mifis needing to be OTA to work. My Cradlepoint MBR95 connects to this mifi through the usb port on the router. I think this is an OTA connection. It is connected to the internet right now. Not sure how long it will be up, probably till the next vz scan. I will report back if and when it goes down. Anyone else using firmware v139.083?

leon12150
05-24-2013, 01:55 AM
mifi v139.083 still up and running connected to mbr95. Seems to take longer for mifi to establish connection to the internet when mbr95 is turned on. I bricked the other mifi trying to downgrade firmware from v169 to v139.

leon12150
05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Cradlepoint MBR95 will no longer connect to the internet with mifi v139.083.

iDealzMac
06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I flash mifi's and USB Modems to Verizon and Boost, all of which are unlimited for $15/mo or less and my devices have not been affected by Verizon's efforts. Let me know if you'd like for me to get you going again.

iGADGiT

elisa191
07-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello,

Just want to let you all know that we do have the original and so far only confirmed solution for flashing mifis to Verizon at this time. We have the 2200 the LC11 and the 801 and 802 working and are now almost done with the 4510 and then we will be working on the 4620 after that

We also have the solution to fix throttled mifis and prevent Verizon from throttling them again. In fact Verizon can never communicate with the device after the throttling fix is applied. We have this working on the 2200 and will be porting it out to all other mifis.

Once we get all the mifis working again on Verizon we will be working on porting the throttling solutions over to phones

I know I don't post alot on XDA but I wanted to share this information with the whole flashing community rather then just keeping it over at CDMA Gurus where I usually post

You can check out our videos and services via our websites

Phones Flashed Flash evo to Boost | Flash Evo | Flash Galaxy s4 S2 S3 | Flash Phone ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Flash Mifi 2200 | Flash mifi 4510 | Flash mifi to Verizon or Boost SPLASH PAGE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Also here are our dev links

Hope this helps

thanks

elisa191

De-Throttle Mifis

Flash Mifis to Verizon post 6-10-14

JaiFar1996
07-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah IDEALZMAC..that method was available to us since they added it into their program over a year ago I think. So ours weren't affected either. Well, of course the 4510 and the 4620 did go down but good thing we didnt do many of those. So the current authetication method has been around a long time but hardly anyone was using it. Users can learn it by getting Elisa andRich's solutions. I still get maybe one out of every 50 accounts that throttle but not a bad rate. How do you still do the BOOST flashes? old accts? Sucks that the only daily plan on the website is the $1.99/day plan. That's why I stopped doing them to boost

elisa191
07-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Simply amazing ...................