PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Epic 4G No Baseband No Meid

ownmart
08-25-2012, 08:43 PM
random phone brought in with this issue, not rooted.
so I've tried the following:
hard reset
Odin back to stock
neither of these have fixed the situation

what I Can do is re-odin, use adb console, and can root phone if needed, anyone have an idea of what I can do?

my bad it says UNKNOWN basebane not no baseband/meid

I don't want to have any meid conversations just want the baseband back on it or get this sucker running

whitey10tc
08-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Have you tried loading a stock ROM to see if it restores the baseband.

ownmart
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
yea I tried the stock through odin the "brick fix" EC05, even rooted and custom roms just to test neither

nvan7891
02-20-2014, 05:24 PM
This is old, I know, but I just dealt with this same issue. I had a 32gb sprint s3 with unknown baseband, a bogus MEID/ESN/IMEI and sprint account info, SPC set to 222222, and broken wifi after repairing the bootloader with a riff box. I believe the phone was originally bricked by an EFS image being written to the SBL2 partition.

Anyway, I tried:

Flashing several modems, through recovery and odin.
Restoring nandroid backups.
Flashing stock odin tar's.
Restoring good full NV backups .
And even flashing a good efs image through with a riff box.

Nothing worked. I had to use DFS to manually reenter the ESN/MEID/IMEI, account info etc. and change the SPC back. Not sure why that was the only thing that worked. Restoring the NV backups restored the MEID, but nothing else. I was worried the nv chip was bad, and would need to be replaced. It's not a hard fix if you know all of the required account info and serial numbers.