PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Mobile Flashing

ncamaj
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Ok I have searched all over and tried all kinds of search terms, but I can't seem to find anywhere how to flash a phone to Virgin Mobile. I don't want to know about esn's, omg's, or lol's. I just need to know how to flash to VM. Or be directed to right post. Thank You :smile-new:

whitey10tc
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
The first hurdle of flashing to VM will be getting the phone accepted on their network. When that's done, the rest will be very similar to flashing it to any other carrier like Boost, Cricket, or Metro.

ncamaj
08-10-2012, 03:54 PM
The first hurdle of flashing to VM will be getting the phone accepted on their network. When that's done, the rest will be very similar to flashing it to any other carrier like Boost, Cricket, or Metro.

Ty I have gotten past that hurdle now I just need to know how to flash it and where to get the software. :smile-new:

ncamaj
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
also I should add my wife has an htc wildfire s active with VM, can I use that to get prl's and any information needed to flash or is it different for each phone?

whitey10tc
08-10-2012, 05:13 PM
also I should add my wife has an htc wildfire s active with VM, can I use that to get prl's and any information needed to flash or is it different for each phone?
Yes you should be able to pull the prl and other info from the wildfire using cdma ws, qpst. As for what program to use, it's greatly dependent on the phone being flashed.

ncamaj
08-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes you should be able to pull the prl and other info from the wildfire using cdma ws, qpst. As for what program to use, it's greatly dependent on the phone being flashed.

Ok great, i'm trying to flash htc droid incredible adr6300, and is there a way to do it without purchasing cdma ws, I really can't afford to pay the $100 to flash just 1 phone or I would just buy a phone from VM

whitey10tc
08-10-2012, 06:35 PM
You'll need HTC DIAG drivers for both phones, (they're posted here in the forum somewhere) you can try to read the info with QPST and CDMA WS 2.7 cracked, if those don't want to work you can try cdmaworkshoptool - A utility that parses cdma worksop items: NV Item reads(to remove plain text) and bin dumps(to find SPC/MSL) and converts MEID/ESN from Hex to Dec AND Other CDMA Tools like cdmaDevTerm - Google Project Hosting ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) or the DFS trial version. If the wildfire is active, call VM and ask for the SPC/MSL code, tell them the phone locked up and is asking for it.

ncamaj
08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
ty i will search thru the forums and try to find them