PDA

View Full Version : Help with programming to Metro PCS!

code_red2424
08-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Can someone please help me. I purchased the program, I have added my meid to metro pcs inventory, I have tried prl 3018, 3026 and I still have no service. After writing prl, I dial *22804 and update the roaming list, when I try to dial a phone number it tells me my phone is not authorized for service. I have called metro pcs customer service and they said the phone is activated on my account and needs to be programmed. Any ideas why my service is not working?

whitey10tc
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I've moved you post to a new thread in hopes it will be seen easier.
How are you writing the PRL and have you contacted iphonecdmatool support via skype?

code_red2424
08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I have tried to write prl using the iphonecdmatool and I have tried to do it manually aswell. It seems like the prl is sticking but no service.

rich hathaway
08-05-2012, 06:23 PM
to check the prl navigate to settings\general\about then tap on carrier until you see prl.

i am just seeing this,i can help you but really it needs to be on skype i am iPhoneCDMATool.com on there.

code_red2424
08-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok got it to work. Went down to metro pcs, they looked at it and couldn't do anything. Asked them to try and change the service back to my old phone and then back to the iphone again, and tada I got service. Got text, talk, web, mms all working. Thanks for the help.

rich hathaway
08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
your welcome..."i love it when a plan comes together"..lol

jwh2012
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I need help with programming to MetroPCS, I keep on getting "No Service"

rich hathaway
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I need help with programming to MetroPCS, I keep on getting "No Service"
have you used the tool?

cesaim1
08-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I was having the same problem, all you have to do is activate your old phone and then put the service back onto the iphone

dantheman0721
08-10-2012, 12:24 AM
So I'm planning on getting my Sprint iphone 4 to work with Metro. I just opened my Metro account with an old phone and ported my number over. All I have to do is add the esn to the database (found a guy on ebay does it for $43), and then all I need is buy your tool and I should be good to go? Sorry, I'm a noob at all this, I'm usually good with hacking and such, but all this is over my head, I just want it to work. Thanks in advance for a response.

rich hathaway
08-10-2012, 12:43 AM
well you will need some carrier settings,but thats pretty much it

dantheman0721
08-10-2012, 06:16 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Edit: nevermind, got the answer from skyping with ydiddy.

Tiggerilla
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
So big thanks to Ty for walking me through getting the Metro setup on the Iphone. The program works great, phone works great, and it's cheaper than we were paying monthly for the droid that wouldn't hold a charge!!

For those who are trying to figure out the password situation for metro: it is the MSL/SPC code for your specific phone. Prior to Ty's assistance, I had the correct password which I retrieved from this site: CheckESNFree.com - The worlds only free instant online ESN checker! ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) but my PRL didn't stick, so it wasn't working correctly.

whitey10tc
09-03-2012, 09:39 PM
So big thanks to Ty for walking me through getting the Metro setup on the Iphone. The program works great, phone works great, and it's cheaper than we were paying monthly for the droid that wouldn't hold a charge!!

For those who are trying to figure out the password situation for metro: it is the MSL/SPC code for your specific phone. Prior to Ty's assistance, I had the correct password which I retrieved from this site: CheckESNFree.com - The worlds only free instant online ESN checker! ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) but my PRL didn't stick, so it wasn't working correctly.

ogreentech21
09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
having a hard time getting data to work, should the pass have hex checked off or not?

dantheman0721
09-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I have everything working except MMS, but it's not a problem with the program, I can't get ota to work for Metro to activate it. I have Skyped with you guys and can't figure it out. Anyone else have this problem? or anyone have any ideas. Eveytime I try to OTA, it says "I'm sorry, try again later", and I'm in a Metro market.

rich hathaway
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
having a hard time getting data to work, should the pass have hex checked off or not?

should be unchecked

I have everything working except MMS, but it's not a problem with the program, I can't get ota to work for Metro to activate it. I have Skyped with you guys and can't figure it out. Anyone else have this problem? or anyone have any ideas. Eveytime I try to OTA, it says "I'm sorry, try again later", and I'm in a Metro market.
you must have a sprint iphone,try me on skype.i can help you.

dantheman0721
09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
you must have a sprint iphone,try me on skype.i can help you.[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to Skype all weekend and couldn't get an answer. Is there a known issue getting ota to work on Sprint iphones using Metro? And if so is there a fix?

rich hathaway
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
we have been on skype all weekend friend. what is your user name on skype and i will get ahold of you. and yes the sprint phone has ota disabled in 3 places by default.the bundle fixes it but if your phone wont activate then you can kinda get stuck.

dantheman0721
09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
My Skype name is dantheman07210721

I just sent another message. Would love to get this resolved. Thanks Rich.

igenesis
09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I need help. anyone mind helping?

flexgrip
10-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I used the tool. I now have talk, text, and 1x data. But not 3g or mms. (which probably depend on each other). This was a vz iphone 4 now on metro. Since the username and pass are the same, I don't see how I would have 1x but not 3g. However, two problems persist.1. I am having a hard time figuring out what to put in the akey field. I used that converter tool on the forum, but it spits out a DEC akey. Should I be using that tool, or is there another way to get it like calling metro?2. I am unable to OTA. Which means I get that nagging screen telling me the phone isn't activated yet. Is there a way to fix that?

rich hathaway
10-26-2012, 12:26 PM
do not mess with akey,you dont need to write anything to it,it for advanced users only and not used for general flashing.
you will need to ota to get your phone activated or if you are on 6.0 redsn0w will will hacktivate for you,otherwise you will get no mms or carrier logo.

oscar dario
12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Hello: can anyone help me out, i need the 1038 prl and thnk you.

rich hathaway
12-11-2012, 09:23 PM
if you need a metro pcs prl use 3026,most people get along good with it. if im not mistaken 1038 is a very old cricket prl not metro.