PDA

View Full Version : Iphonecdmatool guide

rich hathaway
07-22-2012, 04:02 PM
OK, FIRST OFF YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE ITUNES INSTALLED ON THE PC YOU ARE USING

YOU NEED TO BE UPDATED,PREFERABLY (AS OF TODAY) TO 5.1.1

YOU NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN

YOU NEED TO HAVE OPEN SH INSTALLED. (IT IS FREE & ON THE FIRST PAGE OF CYDIA)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR CARRIER SETTINGS SUCH AS MDN,MIN,PRL,AND USER NAME AND PASSWORD.

MDN = YOUR 10 DIGIT PHONE NUMBER

MIN = MOBILE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER,GET THIS FROM YOUR CARRIERS CUSTOMER SERVICE

PRL = PREFERED ROAMING LIST,WE HAVE A BIG LIST OF PRL'S FOR DOWMLOAD HERE IN THE FORUM

SID = HOME SYSTEM IDENTIFICATION,AND IS LOCATION SPECIFIC. GOOGLE OR LOOK/ASK IN THE FORUM FOR HELP TO GET YOURS

USER NAME = DIFFERENT FROM CARRIER TO CARRIER.CHECK GOOGLE OR ASK HERE IN THE FORUM FOR HELP IF YOU DO NOT KNOW

PASSWORD = "SAME AS ABOVE"

I WILL START TO COMPILE A LIST OF DIFFERENT CARRIERS USER NAMES AND PASSWORDS FOR ANY ONE THAT NEEDS IT AND POST IT IN THE FORUM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK,GO TO iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) AND DOWNLOAD THE TOOL AND PURCHASE YOUR CREDITS (1 CREDIT PER DEVICE)

NOW OPEN THE TOOL AND YOU WILL SEE

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

PLUG IN YOUR IDEVICE AND YOU WILL THEN SEE THIS

REGISTER THEN LOGIN AND THE TOOL WILL OPEN

NOW YOU WILL SEE THIS

NOW PRESS THE CONNECT BUTTON AND ALLOW A FEW MOMENTS FOR THE TOOL TO SSH INTO THE DEVICE

UPON SUCCESSFUL SSH YOU WILL SEE

OK,NOW TO BIND THE DEVICE,PRESS "BIND THIS DEVICE"

ONCE BOUND,PUSH THE "READ" BUTTON

THE TOOL WILL READ THE PHONE AND POPULATE THE FIELDS ON THE RIGHT SIDE

WHEN THE TOOL COMPLETES READING,YOU MAY NOW EDIT THE VALUES SHOWING ON THE RIGHT TO REFLECT YOUR CARRIERS SETTINGS.

FOR THE MIN,IT WILL GO INT "IMSI" FIELD,NOW YOU WILL SEE THE FIRST DIGITS ARE 31000 THEN 10 MORE DIGITS THAT FOLLOW,THE MIN GOES IN THE LAST 10 DIGITS.

FYI-THE 310 IS YOUR COUNTRY CODE AND THE NEXT 2 DIGITS IS MNC,DO NOT CHANGE THESE FOR USE IN THE U.S.A.

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT CRICKETS CARRIER SETTINGS WOULD BE.

NOW ALL THATS LEFT IS TO WRITE YOUR PRL,SO CLICK THE "WRITE PRL" BUTTON AND A DIALOGUE BOX WILL OPEN FOR YOU TO SELECT THE PRL FOR YOUR CARRIER,SELECT IT AND THE TOOL WILL WRITE YOUR PRL WITHOUT THE NEED TO EVEN REBOOT YOUR PHONE!

I WILL UPDATE THIS GUIDE AS NEEDED AND AS WE RELEASE THE NEW VERSIONS.

marley183rd
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
congrats rich. I see you have got'er done. I'll be purchasing credits tomorrow.

rich hathaway
07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
its not just me,but thanks.

also if anyone is trouble viewing the pics in the guide let me know please,some are only see'n links and it should display pics not links. thanks guys.

Mikejones396
07-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Very nice and simple tutorial, keep it up rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny2511
07-23-2012, 05:21 AM
anyone try this???
no link to buy,contact skype no response...???

Mikejones396
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
anyone try this???
no link to buy,contact skype no response...???

Give it time, it's not up yet. Later today(I think).

rich hathaway
07-23-2012, 08:51 AM
yse , we are still populating the websight and support,please allow a day for population. we will probly start adding credits manually if population is not complete by later today.if this happens i will put instruction here.

Jason Rivera
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
hoping to flash my sprint phone cant wait to get credits way more affordable then other solutions out there thanks

gabiko
07-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I hope the other mastercard payment option is still availabe? that for me is quite as important as the tool itself-An area where DFS messed up for me

chizzy500
07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
no master card/visa card support?

ArkieKDealer
07-23-2012, 06:24 PM
What happens if someone *228 after flash?
Can we use the tool and populate fields with 000-000-0000, then tell customer to *228 once MEID is active?
MMS requires comcenter patch and carrier bundle?

Thanks!

rich hathaway
07-23-2012, 06:37 PM
We are now open!!!, i know i need to answer questions here,and i will in a bit.but for now i have to fulfill orders manually until paypal is fixed.
Anyone with a credit card or paypal account can purchase

Mikejones396
07-23-2012, 08:00 PM
The tool doesn't seem to work...I wrote to the phone with all required info but nothing has changed, still no 3G Internet or mms.

UPDATE: tool works great, just had to do minor changes and everything works on the phone.

rich hathaway
07-23-2012, 08:35 PM
i assure you it works,i can team view your pc to help if you wish. what carrier are you flashing to?

gabiko
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Still no payment option for Mastercard.still routes through paypal.

rich hathaway
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
there will be an paypal alternative,but it takes time to get bank accounts confirmed and approved.but if you have a cc you can use pp

gabiko
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Guess I'm stuck for now cos Paypal is restricted in my country.The only legitimate means of online transaction we hv are Mastercard, Visacard and Verve debit cards. That of course excludes the not so friendly wire transfer option dt a lot of us folks avoid, due to its accompanying high transfer charges it accrues.

rich hathaway
07-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Guess I'm stuck for now cos Paypal is restricted in my country.The only legitimate means of online transaction we hv are Mastercard, Visacard and Verve debit cards. That of course excludes the not so friendly wire transfer option dt a lot of us folks avoid, due to its accompanying high transfer charges it accrues.

does authorise.net work there? really if you have a mc/visa you should be able to use paypal from anywhere. we may add google checkout as well for another option.

if you still have trouble we can try and arrange a "special"purchase for you,one time thru my store where i can transfer the funds to paypal for you.

code_red2424
07-24-2012, 05:17 PM
So do I need to first add my Meid to metro pcs database before I can use this tool? Or will this tool add it for me? If it doesn't add who can I contact to get it added to the inventory?

rich hathaway
07-24-2012, 11:18 PM
the tool does not add it to metro's database nor any other database.that is up to you. i think pac3comm1 can do it or marley can

tigran80
07-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I hope the other mastercard payment option is still availabe? that for me is quite as important as the tool itself-An area where DFS messed up for me

DFS accepts most common payment methods, especially any kind of plastic cards like visa, master card, discovery or amex.

Delays happens because of providing wrong order confirmation number, or using different than account email payment email.

Just follow easy step by step instruction and will not have delays with payment and troubles with flashing.

gotanmp3
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Followed the instructions exactly. I'm getting "Bind failed,Server internal error!". :grumpy: Is this fixable or did I just flush $65 down the...

snaCK
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Also getting the same error over here......

rich hathaway
07-26-2012, 09:21 PM
the server is temp down for maintenence,will be back up shortly.we are adding the autopay/auto credit feature back in. sorry for the delay guys

@gotanmp3 of course you did not flush 65 bucks... this is a new service and we will be implementing some new upgrades and changes in the comming weeks/months. so we will have to take the server down briefly from time to time.

@tigran80,do you work for dfs?

tigran80
07-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Not directly for them Rich.
I am using dfs for business.
I do not like when users blame developers in their own faults.

deflon
07-27-2012, 03:52 AM
the server is temp down for maintenence,will be back up shortly.we are adding the autopay/auto credit feature back in. sorry for the delay guys

@gotanmp3 of course you did not flush 65 bucks... this is a new service and we will be implementing some new upgrades and changes in the comming weeks/months. so we will have to take the server down briefly from time to time.

Rich - can you keep us apprised as to when the binding feature will be available again? Thanks.

rich hathaway
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
ok guys,we are back up and running,with auto pay feature working now.(thank god) that manual credit stuff is for the birds.lol.
so after you use your exsiting credits,open up a new account with your real email address,this will be your new permanent username.

we are releasing an update tonight also,so the software will promt you to updgrade to newer verson.this newer version will correct a known bug
and,(lol)another spelling correction.

we are working on the auto inject for the bundles over the next few days,and are considering a new update to implement that feature into motion and make them available.since everyone seems to really need mms and other features so badly.

so there may be another update before the version 2 besides tonights.

were working hard on this for you guys and really appriciate your understanding about the upgrades and down time for server and tool upgrades.

give us your thoughts and ideas on how to make our tool better,its your tool to!

i love that so many people have such success with it..

for those of you who have been calling me,i am sorry i havent been taking calls for a few days now,i am far to busy and wouldnt get anything done if i were.here or skype is the best place to get me.

keep the feedback rolling in,it is the only way to improve. thanks again guys!!
pdiddy can help and answer most all your questions as well,he is a good dude.

gotanmp3
07-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Binding works now, but now I have a new problem. I made the dumb mistake of assuming editing the appropriate NV items would accomplish what I wanted, but NV 0 keeps reverting and now the phone has no signal. Experience with Android phones apparently gets you in a lot of trouble on this iBeast.

I suppose I'm stuck waiting for the guide, since I stupidly forgot to make back ups of the other NV items I modified. I would appreciate a quick nudge in the right direction if possible, thanks! :D

rich hathaway
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
set 1943 back to original value.if you dont have it.DO NOT RESTORE YOUR PHONE!! or you will have permabrick.period. with no way at the moment to reactivate it.so go to apples websight and you can check the sn and it will give the original meid

and listen guys i cannot continue to help you with these type of problems here.IT IS ILLEGAL!! and i am breaking forum rules disscussing it. i should probly get a warning or something.

so if you "play"(you know what i mean) with your phone,your gonna probly be buyin a new one.or parting it out.

gotanmp3
07-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I saw the warning not to restore iOS on that Chinese forum, apparently they've been down the same path without anyone posting a solution. I'm not really deterred by the threat of a brick - I've sacrificed some hardware in my day in the name of satisfying my curiosity. I may be a "noob" on here, but ask anyone using my native vm patched Phone.apks and they'll tell you I know my ish.

I really don't give up once I've set my mind on something, but it would be nice if just this once I didn't have to reinvent the wheel.

I had no luck getting the MEID from Apple, their site only showed warranty status information (the iPhone has never been officially activated). All was not lost, however - I searched through an NV items dump from an Epic Touch and found that NV 579 is one of the places the Sprint NAI is stored and I hadn't modified that one.

After messing around with this a bit more, I've discovered going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings, waiting a minute or so and then hard rebooting restores all the altered NV items. It also seems it's only a dire problem to restore iOS if you absolutely have no way of recovering the correct MEID. Jailbreaking with the latest Redsn0w in DFU mode and installing openssh.deb & openssl.deb to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall with iPhone Explorer will allow iPhoneCDMATool to connect.