PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm screwed...Verizon iPhone flash to Cricket in NY

iphone_n00b
07-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Since my Verizon contract is almost over and I did not want to renew till the new iPhone is out, I have tried to flash iPhone 4 CDMA iOS 5.1.1 to Cricket - I think I have failed :(

While reading all the flashing tutorials either I have missed it or it wasn't mentioned that one of the hardest parts of flashing the iPhone is getting your MEID on the Cricket system. I think in NY they don't allow it - I'm waiting to hear back from Cricket since I gave them my iPhone's converted MEID and they are "escalating" it.

Today my iPhone is not working :(

After flashing my iPhone, I don't see any carrier name listed in the upper left hand corner. Under General settings there is no network.

When I try to dial out, it asks me if I want to make a collect call. Any combination of # numbers to activate it, doesn't work. When someone tries to call me on my iPhone (still with Verizon) it goes straight to voicemail as if my phone is switched off (not on the network).

I have even tried to reload iOS 5.1.1 hoping that I can at least still connect on the Verizon network - no luck.

I have used flashing method posted on [Tutorial] Apple iPhone 4 Full Flash to Cricket Wireless (talk, text, Internet, MMS) ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) w/[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Is there anything I can do to put iPhone back on the Verizon network? If that's not an option, I guess I have to move forward with trying to get it working on Cricket. Based on my information, is adding iPhone's MEID to Cricket database the last step I need? If that's the case, where do I seek help?

I don't think going to one of the Cricket retailers (Best Buy) in this case will do the trick.

Thank you for any help/suggestions/words of encouragement :)

marley183rd
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I really hate delivering bad news but someone has to tell you. There is no longer a way for you to add your verizon or sprint iphone meid to cricket's database. since signing a contract with apple and and therefor adopting the iphone into thier phone lineup, they have advised all dealers nationwide to not allow anymore iphone flashes over to cricket. they have their own iphone now and any dealer who flashes another iphone risks having their liscense/contract terminated. Stay tuned though, I promise you will benefit from a premium membership here. The real goods on the cdma iphone is right around the corner and I guarantee the gurus website will be the source. So you cant go through a dealer anymore. "hint hint" lol

iphone_n00b
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the reply.

hondakorn
07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
interesting....good to know.

rich hathaway
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
there are still 2 ways to get your iphone meid on cricket,but if you wish to put it back to verizon,you will need to do a full "dfu"restore,using the dfu mode of the phone erases everything and gets the phone back to "0" simple restoring the phone thru itunes from normal or restore mode will keep some of the carrier settngs and other settings that were in the phone already. but like i said you can still get your phone on the network for cricket.

iphone_n00b
07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I'll give you guys a call later today.

there are still 2 ways to get your iphone meid on cricket,but if you wish to put it back to verizon,you will need to do a full "dfu"restore,using the dfu mode of the phone erases everything and gets the phone back to "0" simple restoring the phone thru itunes from normal or restore mode will keep some of the carrier settngs and other settings that were in the phone already. but like i said you can still get your phone on the network for cricket.

Danielhh47
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I have the same problem, nearly. I took my Verizon iPhone 4. I bought it in january without a contract and have been using it with verizon. I recently cancelled and am trying to change over to Cricket. I flashed the phone, it shows cricket under "network" and also says the carrier is "cricket 11.3" PRL "35713" ERI "6". It connects to the network but my meid is not authorized to use the network. There are no dealers or corporate stores except for a few states over.I live in California and the nearest is in Texas. I tried to activate it by calling cricket but they say that the meid is "ineligible" for service in my area. I believe it has something to do with it being an iPhone and cricket's recent acquisition of iPhone's of their own. I have been looking all over the web for a way to change or at least spoof my MEID so i can activate this phone. I bought a cricket pay as you go phone and I want to copy it's MEID onto the iPhone.

rich hathaway
07-14-2012, 10:24 PM
careful brother,read the rules please.this subject is forbidden to discuss in open forum.it is allowed in the premium and private sections only. sounds like you only have "partner coverage" there,which would be sprint,and if that is true they would probly term you after a short while.but i would suggest to go to mycricket.com and check coverage before you spend a bunch of effort on something that might be short term.

madmac
09-19-2012, 02:21 AM

Rich what is a full DFU restore i put the phone in DFU mode and restored the phone back with a ispw and still retains the cricket settings. How can I restore it back to Verizon like as if i just took it out of the box? I jacked up the flash....

PoeticRuins
08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
wish i would have known that, but my issue was not having shsh blobs when trying to flash over a i4