Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Flash Samsung SCH R631 FROM Cricket TO Verizon

Greetings, one and all. I bought my son this phone when we were on Cricket. However, as there signal is simply terrible where we live, i bought him a cheap crappy verizon phone to start out with. We would love to find a way to make this phone work on Verizon. He said he went to a store and was told it can't be done, but I'd expect someone who wants to sell a phone would say a perfectly good one can't be flashed over. I know that Cricket can flash TO their network for migrating customers, but Verizon doesn't seem to offer that service.

I have the data cable. I do tech support and have for about 15 years, so i don't need newbie instructions, just a procedure and the firmware.

Newb

Default Re: Flash Samsung SCH R631 FROM Cricket TO Verizon

I'm a dork, meant to type "the" signal is terrible, not "there" signal is terrible. Such a boo boo for a self-professed and aptly described grammar nazi.

Default Re: Flash Samsung SCH R631 FROM Cricket TO Verizon

The only legal way is to get Verizon to accept the MEID into their system. The illegal way we don't discuss as it's illegal and against the forum rules for that reason.