to answer your questions "Have you ever heard of them doing anything?"
google has hundreds of articles about peeps getting busted for cloning
this was from '95
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is the a page showing diff types of cloning and mostly showing it is illegal and your reason for doing it is costing cell phone co's millions wich makes the cost for the rest of us go up.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"The law came in place because people were cloning phones and placing calls on other people's bills."
simply not true,its only 1 reason,the bigger reason is it is the same as an illegal wire tap,and that is big time illegal.
one number is called and more than one phone rings.i used to have an employee that cloned his wife's phone so every time it rang he could listen in on the call it worked flawlessly but was a felony and if caught it will get you federal time.is it worth that to possibly loose your freedom? ask anyone who has done time and they will tell you they would have given any amount of money to have there freedom back,let alone a few dollars a month for a cell phone bill.stop being cheap and pay your fricken bill all the effort you are wasting arguing your worthless point that you are to cheap to pay is amusing.

and last
"Again, with me blacklisting is not the problem- both MEIDs are perfectly clean so if they do end up figuring out the old ESN they won't be thinking I have a stolen phone."
the meids and esns are "owned" by the fcc not you,they are controlled and protected by the fcc and federal law bro.you might as well steal a cop car if you look you will see you will face about the same amount of incarceration time,only for the cloning you get fed time the cop car you get state time.

so enough complaining about the 10 or 20 bucks a month,work an extra hour at your job every month and keep your freedom why would you risk it.they can see every move you make and you do leave an electronic fingerprint on everything you do.i am sure you wont listen to anything we have said here

why not focus your efforts on something this community can benefit from like flashing or something useful?
but it is point less to discuss this subject and how you think it should be legal anymore.

THREAD CLOSED!