Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls out.

I am using a flashed (Jiminy Cricket ROM) HTC EVO phone on Cricket and since the "outage" this weekend...

I have been unable to make phone calls OUT. I can receive them just fine! My mobile web works, texting works but I can't make phone calls out at all. When I try to make phone calls, it tries to dial and then 20 seconds later a message comes up saying, "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss (signal fade or no service available)."

I can't do the *228 as the phone won't let me do it at all! I have "reflashed" my phone with so many different PRL (preferred roaming list) files hoping one of them will work. One did "sorta" work but the calling was sporadic. I DO have "bars" on my phone and I have been all over the city trying to use my phone so I am not in a "dead zone" of any kind.

I really do not believe it's my phone that's the problem but of course I could be wrong. I didn't alter or mess up the phone in any way, and I have tried many different PRL files which should have worked by now.

I went to a Cricket store in person and they couldn't do much. They told me to try a certain PRL file which I couldn't find online.

Someone help! Ideas? Suggestions? Any new PRL files that I can try?

BABY NEWB

Default Re: San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls ou

can you make a call dialing your area code than the number?

Default Re: San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls ou

Try this:
    dial ##data#
    choose edit enter SPC code
    choose advanced scroll to EVRC-B choose disable, scroll to home origin choose EVRC or voice 13k (depending on the current setting) scroll to roam origin and do the same as home origin.
    And report back if successful or failure.

Also what PRL did cricket suggest that you can't find, I'm sure if we know the number someone can come up with it.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    can you make a call dialing your area code than the number?
    I tried dialing with the area code and number and without area code and number and both won't work.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Try this:
    dial ##data#
    choose edit enter SPC code
    choose advanced scroll to EVRC-B choose disable, scroll to home origin choose EVRC or voice 13k (depending on the current setting) scroll to roam origin and do the same as home origin.
    And report back if successful or failure.

Also what PRL did cricket suggest that you can't find, I'm sure if we know the number someone can come up with it.
    I tried your suggestion and no-go. I will add that when I did switch Home origin and Roam origin to EVRC it defaulted back to 13k when I went in there to look afterwards.

The PRL a Cricket rep said that I needed is: 45568.

Quote Originally Posted by eramirezus View Post
    I tried your suggestion and no-go. I will add that when I did switch Home origin and Roam origin to EVRC it defaulted back to 13k when I went in there to look afterwards.

The PRL a Cricket rep said that I needed is: 45568.
    Did you click confirm and let the phone reset after making the changes. You can also change those setting with QPST.

We'll see if a dealer can post the PRL soon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast