Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls ou

The issue has returned again.

It appears that when I "shut the phone off" for the night, when I start it back up in the morning, the problem persists.

I even reflashed it in this scenario: I flashed it directly from a fresh Jiminy Cricket zip file I redownloaded (in case the one on my computer was corrupted) through ROM Manager (booting from Recovery - clearing Davlik cache and formatting)...from then I did a "factory data" resetting from Recovery....and then restore the backed up ROM when the phone started up from ROM manager.

It seems to work fine at first but then all of a sudden once the phone is powered down completely and started back up....the issue returns (can't make outgoing phone calls).

I'm puzzled.

The current Cricket PRL I have (that I flashed to the phone using QPST) is: 45568.
    Last edited by eramirezus; 09-27-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Default Re: San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls ou

It sounds like there's a PST setting that is not sticking/reverting, I'm willing to bet it's the EVRC/voice 13k setting.
    Sense it keeps giving an error with QPST, you may need to reflash it completely taking it back to a shipped ROM then do all the PST setting, root, then flash the Jimmy ROM. If after that it still has the problem then it's account related.

Alternately you could have a different phone put on the account and see if it has the same issue. If so it's the account.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    You may need to reflash it completely taking it back to a shipped ROM then do all the PST setting, root, then flash the Jimmy ROM.
    Do you know which ROM I should flash it back to? A Sprint ROM? If so, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by eramirezus View Post
    Do you know which ROM I should flash it back to? A Sprint ROM? If so, which one?
    You would need to try a few of them and see what works best.
    All the Supersonic shipped ROMS.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Newb

I think it's fixed!

I didn't even flash back to a Sprint ROM or reroot. I reflashed in QPST but this time around, I selected "EVRC" INSTEAD of "13 k" as an option.

Evrc is selected in QPST AT>cdma tab> home page, home orig, roam orig (all 3 options put on EVRC)
    "evrc enabled" is NOT checked (in the checkbox)

I did this on a "whim" to see if that would work and it did!

I must mention that when I did the "previous" flashing where the calling was "sporadic"....when it DID work sporadically...calling out would take about 10 seconds to just dial!

When I flashed it above with the home page, home orig, roam orig options all set to EVRC instead of 13k (when the phone booted up) it dialed RIGHT AWAY within a second!

I've made many phone calls out since yesterday evening and it looks like it's working just fine now.

I know how to flash my own EVO phone but I'm no techie...so I don't know how/or why EVRC works here on my phone in San Antonio, Texas...instead of "13k" but I just know it works so far.

I'm also using the PRL: 45713MyCricketForum.prl
    Last edited by eramirezus; 10-01-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Newb

Just wanted to add that I too am in the San Antonio area, and somewhere around the second weekend of September 2011, both my Hero and my wife's EVO 4G lost the ability to make calls. We could still receive them and still had texting, MMS and full web access though. I spent some time trying to work with Cricket on a resolution, but they failed for three weeks straight. I posted a help request on howardforums and whitey10tc summarized and directed me to this post. I just wanted to reaffirm that enabling EVRC and setting home page, home orig and roam orig all to EVRC returned our ability to make outgoing phone calls. So a big, BIG thank you to everyone involved in providing this solution!!!

Z

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast