Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Flash iPhone to Cricket worked once then restored and not OTA provisioning

I have an iPhone4 from Verizon and am trying to flash it so it is ready for cricket. Right now it has no service with Verizon as I do not have there service. It also does not have a phone number programmed. I am using iOS 4.2.6 jailbroken using Greenp0ison. I have replaced the PRL file on the phone using WinSCP and replaced the file called "310VZW.prl" with "38515.prl" renamed to the original prl file of course. then using iFile I opened the carriers.plist and turn the option "prlpushflag" to on and then hit done. then I tried restarting the phone and it took a second and said no signal but then said iPhone not activated then shows the 5 bars like it has a signal and no carrier name. I then went into ifile and put the " prlpushflag" back to off. then restarted. after it restarted I got the same thing saying iPhone not activated. I then checked the option when calling "*#5005*4357#" and it still looks the same as it did when I started. I then changed the SID Value in the 310VZW.pri file to the value I saw for the Nashville area "04857"
    and the HOME SID looked like this:
    Code:
    <key>NAM - CDMA Settings</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>Home SID/NID</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>4857/65535</string>
    I tried dialing the numbers to see if it connects to Cricket for activation of the phone and it all goes to Verizon still. Then if I dial the "*#5005*4357#" then I get this

What can I do to make sure this phone is flashed and ready before I add the ESN/MEID to Cricket? I also do not have the SHSH backed up for iOS 4.2.6 so my next SHSH that I have backed up is 4.2.8, Any help will help me.
    Last edited by antman1; 06-27-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Apprentice

Default Re: Flash iPhone to Cricket before adding ESN/MEID - Help

ok I successfully flashed my iPhone to cricket. I have an idea why it doesnt work sometimes for a lot of people out there. I think if you jailbreak with Greenpoison it may be what stops it from working properly. I did the same steps as before but this time I loaded version 4.2.8 with Snowbreeze and it worked perfect. now when I dial 611 or any number it says "Thank you for calling Cricket" so I know now that I have it done. I am also gonna try to make it flash to Virgin Mobile if possible.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

the prl in your ss is a verizon prl,not cricket.so you muat have gotten the ota to work after your ss.but i assure you jailbreaking does not interfear with ota programming.also when you use sn0wbreeze you are automatically jailbreaking unless you specifically select to not add cydia before cooking.but if you just dl'd a ipsw cooked with sn0wbreeze then it is surely jb.but glad you got it worked out.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

there are different ways of jailbreaking an iPhone. I have been jailbreaking and unlocking GSM iphones for a long time now. I remember a while back that when 4.0 came out if you did the jailbreak with Redsn0w if would mess up the APN Settings and such. Then the made a patch for that. I remember that if you did the Jailbreak with Sn0wbreeze back in those days you didnt have that problem. That PRL file I said I replaced it with came from the PRL file area here in the cricket forum. In conclusion I understand that by cooking my ipsw with sn0wbreeze it is jailbroken. But it is jailbroken in a different manner and in my opinion a little bit cleaner.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

ok,cool.i was just trying to clarify.like i said im glad you got'r'done.but really jailbreaking is jailbreaking,no matter how you do it,the end result is cydia,sometimes the method of delivery like you were saying,may have
    unwanted results,ie--exploiting with limera1n or other.just remember on those old os and jailbreaks just use tetherme cracket from the repo sinfuliphone.com to put the apns back.that still happens to me everyday after jb whether i use sn0wbreeze or redsnow,i need the cellular data network tab and its not there,so its off to s.i.r. for me to get it back.works everytime.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

New problem. I had to restore my iPhone due to some experimenting with files in an attempt to get 3G going and I was able to get my friends PRL file off her Hauwei Ascend Android. It is PRL version 45657. I pu this PRL on after I restored and it gave me the cricket network and seems to find a good 5 bars were I am. Problem is I cant get OTA to activate my phone again. I have dialed *228 and it keeps telling me "Welcome to cricket if you have reached this recording while trying to make a call then it is becuase your service is suspended." I called Cricket support number and the lady from India had no clue what I was trying to do and told me the iPhone will not work and wasnt working on my account before. I told her not to do anything to my account in fear she would mess it up. I tried putting the PRL back the way I had it with PRL version 38515 and it did not do any differently. I went back to the 45657 PRL and made sure to change my sid. I put my SID in as:
    Code:
    		<key>Home SID/NID</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>04857/65535</string>
    Any help is much appreciated.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast