Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default iPhone CDMA FAQ: How to inject?

I'm from Indonesia and few days ago i bought an iphone verizon with bad esn on ebay.
    I bought it because some said that bad esn wouldn't affect if you use overseas carrier for example in Indonesia like telkomflexi, is it true?

I just watched youtube video: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i read the tutorials:
    These are the steps I took to flash(not perfectly) my iPhone 4:
    1) I unlocked and jailbroke my iPhone using Greenpois0n
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2) Then dial *22804 send then press 5 from your iPhone keypad , or say "Roaming List" at the prompt. than it will download the roaming list to your iPhone, when it finishes it's done.
    3) Than dial *228 and select option 2 if you have metro PCS account to switch your phone and that's it.
    *(this wont work if you have a bad ESN)
    4) if you don't have Metro PCS just go to Metro PCS and activate your iPhone.
    *If you have a bad ESN, You will NOT be able to activate your iPhone until someone adds the MEID to the network.(this is where you go to a metro store and hope they do it)

sentence with bold, what is those codes use to? is there any code that i need to know for iphone cdma?

is it only for MetroPCS carrier?

i didn't saw if he do custom for iphone PRL file like some tutorials that posted here about how to flashing iphone cdma, is it possible?

in my iphone, i only see MEID, is it same with ESN?

if not, how to find it ESN then?

how to set up the NAM, or is it applicable already with iphone CDMA?

I've injected an Android phone (bundling with Verizon) before this, the some things i've done were:
    inject it with new PRL that suit to new carrier (in mycase telkomflexi)
    and then register the ESN to carrier then akey released with new number
    after that i call for OTA activation, and now can accept and send call and text.

Is the iphone also as simple as that?

i will only use iphone cdma for call and text only, for browsing i'll choose via hotspot.

If i can give an advise maybe Rich can make 1 new thread or can do it here.
    Make some tutorial with pictures guide like in iclarified, so some people like me from overseas that want to know about how to inject iphone can do it right.

Many thanks for the replay

ps. I'm sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by upin ipin; 06-16-2011 at 05:53 AM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: iPhone CDMA FAQ: How to inject?

dude,just follow the guide i posted.write the prl then ota the phone after having the meid added to your account.thats it.and dont worry about about an esn,[eletronic serial numbers],
    they ran out of those a long time ago,thats why we now use the 18 digit meid.and besides your phone doesnt have an esn,when asked for it they are wanting your meid,it ia a general term,so when you give them your esn your really gonna give them your meid,and most carriers use the decimal version of this,the iphone will only give the hexidecimal version,so you will have to convert it.there are many free converters out there.find one and use it if your carrier requires the dec and not the hex.as far a pic tutorial for you,come on dude...just follow some simple directions,if you need a pic tut for this simple well written guide then you should prolly just take your phone to a store to get it done. it is a simple operation that can be done in 5 min or less. as a matter of fact you should try to just ota first before manually writting your prl sometimes it works,but have the meid added to your acct FIRST or you will be wasting yer time.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Yes... i've done your step by step tutorial.

First jailbreak and then install openSSH, replace VZW PRL with my carrier PRL (renamed) after that tell someone in carrier to add my Meid number to acc. Activate it OTA

Done it all.. but zero response, i mean when we try to inject/flash other cdma device for exp. Samsung Fascinate (android), i come to my carrier, register an account and then i'll get an akey (i think the Akey made by combination between my ESN and MDN) after that i injected it with CDMA WS so my iphone has my carrier number in it's machine, after that to make the device know about carrier channel we use PRL.

but in iphone we only replace PRL file to recognize the network/channel but because there is no akey injected in it, so i think iphone still has no number yet. Isn'it right?

To do that of course we have to made change on NAM Settings...

Please correct me if i'm wrong..
    Thanks

CDMA GURUS Booster

you need to use your providers ota to inject the mdn to your phone,just like the guide says.
    i am not familier with your provider. but if they use ota that is what you need to do.after the meid has been added to your account

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

Hai Rich, same case...

I've tried to do everything you said again and again.
    My Carrier Telkomfleksi, i believe not offer an OTA and when i asked no one know about it.

so for tech data, again...
    my iphone ios 4.2.8 jailbroken with redsn0w
    installed afc2add
    thorough iphone folder, i've changed PRL file and accomplished, the result said PRL = 306, ERI=5
    and also i've customized carrier plist file like you said; change prlpushflag to true then reboot and change it again to false and reboot again.
    also i've inserted the akey although carrier sale rep said that the akey has "uncap" i don't know exactly what its mean.
    After that i'm try to look my MDN and it shows 0000009119 and i'm sure it is not my number

trying to look at PRI file and carrier plist, those parameter are for verizon, could it be change to my carrier?

are there any other steps that i missed?

CDMA GURUS Booster

well if they sell phones they have to have a way to program them because there is no universal one setting for all phones with any carrier.does your prl in the phone reflect the one you wrote to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast