Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

I do until this step

6, power off phone,then back on.

It don't turn on. Stuck at apple logo.

What should I do?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

sometimes it takes several minutes to boot up.if it really is stuck try hard reset.(hold home and pwr until it flashes off and then back on.then release) if that does not work

you should try to kick it out of recovery with tiny umbrella,it is posted here in the forum,or last but not least if all else fails you will have to recover it in itunes.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

tried hard reset, recovery with itunes but all failed.

Now I cant even recovery or restore with itunes (error 1013)

will try tiny umbrella (haven't seen yet)

thank you so much for your help.

Newb

this solution works only for Cricket prl?
    what if I had MetroPCS prl file?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

does not make any difference what the prl is.you need to use ireb 4.1 first to enter pwnd dfu mode and then shift click restore in itunes and then select your ipsw and it will work.

but really i think if you kick it out of recovery with tiny umbrella i think you will be ok.always use itunens restore as a last resort.

let us know how you get along.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

I had the same problem when I screwed my iPhone up it took a while to restore. I had the 1013 error popping up also. Could be cable,connection, Itunes version. Here's what i did. I switched from my laptop (which accessed the internet via connecting to my router wirelessly) to my desktop which was connected to router via ethernet. My desktop also had an older version of itunes(I think just the very previous one). Put it in DFU mode, not recovery, make sure you know difference. But I had to use the option of itunes checking for update and restoring from Apple with 4.2.7 firmware. this worked and got me to a working UNActivated iphone on Verizon. then I found how to jailbreak 4.2.7 with new redsnow, a good copy of 4.2.6 firmware and following istructions that I found from link around this forum that leads to youtube vid on HOWTO. After the jailbreak completed Had to go in Cydia and add pushfix.info repo. Through this repo I installed i installed Verizon Untether for 4.2.7 package and bang it was untethered jailbroke. then I spent hours trying to get it on cricket. Finally walked into local dealer and he told me to dial *22807(keep in mind I had already made the ESN live with Cricket service. When i dialed *22807 I got the "Welcome to Cricket" OTA programming. Bam its on Cricket again. weird thing though is I can text to other carriers this time and some of them receive the texts where as last time I couldn't send or receive to any other carrier but cricket. I still can't receive from any other carrier than cricket though. I think I'll have most the answers for my iPhone tomorrow and Ill share. Hope it will help some peeps.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast