Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default How or is there a way to downgrade webos on the palm pre

Hey guys this is my first post and probably going to get flamed for not posting in the right section or maybe this was posted somewhere and already answered but I tried looking for hours with no luck and I really had a hard time navigating this site.

My user name is noob and that is what i am so please take it easy on me. I have flashed a couple phones to cricket(lg rumor 2, and samsung rant) but only the basic flash as I dont believe that these phones will take a full flash or at least no roms to use.

Anyway I have 5 palm pre s and 4 palm pre plus '. Problem is all of them are restored to the activation screen and I cannot get into use any of them. I tried the qinray rom with no luck it just goes to a screen that says "unable to restore the phone" or something like that.

I am lost and frustrated with this things as I have no idea what to do next. So I thought maybe they put a lock on this in the newer firmware and downgrading webos might allow me to use the bypass rom would be the only way to do it. So anybody have any insight on this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by noob; 10-01-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Moved to flashing Palms to cricket forum.
    Now I assume that you are wanting the final outcome to flash it to cricket? Also have you looked in the
    device by manufacturer/Palm forum? Have you tried anything from there?

Also the large & bold print is not needed, and some might find a little annoying.

Why is your font so large, dont be so assertive it hurts my eyes! Welcome to gurus friend if you need anything send me a pm and I might can help!

Newb

I am typing on a tiny tiny screen so i made it a little bigger so people like me could read it easier. I can barely read your font but mine i can read perfect. Also i thoght it would be a good way to mark the first post. Once again i did not know. This is actually my first forum post ever. Anyway i did look everywhere not only on this site but all over the net too. I cannot find the previous firmware anywhere.
    Last edited by noob; 09-17-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Newb

ok so I found my answer. For some reason when i load the qinray rom on the palm pre and the palm pre plus they will never make it all the way. However when you restart the device and boot into palm os it is actually bypassed. Now on a different note what is the latest evdo prl for cricket. I am going to load it on the palm pre and palm pre plus. I cannot find any updated info on prls. Everybody always points me to corolada page but that site has not been updated for years. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ok so I found my answer. For some reason when i load the qinray rom on the palm pre and the palm pre plus they will never make it all the way. However when you restart the device and boot into palm os it is actually bypassed. Now on a different note what is the latest evdo prl for cricket. I am going to load it on the palm pre and palm pre plus. I cannot find any updated info on prls. Everybody always points me to corolada page but that site has not been updated for years. Any help would be great.
    The latest PRL I've seen and been using is the 32100. Here is a link for it
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I've seen this PRL used in Washington, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, New York, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas so it's a national PRL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast