• This ROXORZ!!!

77 73.33%
  • Whatever..

17 16.19%
  • FAIL!!!

11 10.48%
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: How to Unlock the LG Rumor Touch - VM510 from Virgin Mobile (possibly others)

Well I know it's an older thread, but thank you for the hard work you two have put in for the tutorial. I'm very new to this particular phone, and I am looking forward to attempting this. I do have a question however, does it matter what size the sd card is?

Newb

Default Re: How to Unlock the LG Rumor Touch - VM510 from Virgin Mobile (possibly others)

Thanks Crogan.... I was able to unlock my lg rumor but now it will not work on my local carrier (i live in american samoa, off the coast of hawaii). I was told that i need to change the frequency on my phone in order to run on their system....they run on 850GHz....i think that is the right term. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stonewall Pack View Post
    I'm sorry to bother, first i want to say I've been waiting a long time for some awesomeness like this to come along. I was able to get my code out of virgin mobile once and then they got smart :P (and then i changed phones :l) I've put something like 300 (totaling 227 mb) .pdf and .txt files in my eBooks file. Then ill run opera, google maps, and some games in the background. I'll click on the document view and wallah! Its timed out for like 5 minutes. But my lg download is not exactly working smoothly (not to say its not my fault, it might be) i downloaded all the drivers, etc. Before i time out my phone, I'll prep lg download, load the .dll, click on "NV Edit" then i plug in my now timed out phone and the time when lg download dosen't freeze, it still dosent do anything. I can see the connecting bar in the bottom right but it does nothing. I have also tried cdma workshop on port 6 (which is my serial port, the only one i can get to work) and it tells me the software name, the date it was compiled and released, the ESN sais :: failed::, the SCM ox3A, CAI Rev. 6, the number and the lock code failed. and the chipsets failed as well. And anytime i try the spc, or anything else really, it just says "Failed, phone does not answer" I would really appreciate some help if at all possible, I've tried multiple times and i'm just stumped :/
    You are using the wrong program. You need to use lgnpst not lg download. The dll for this phone is only for lgnpst. Also, you will need the components

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

Newb

Wow, I have been looking for this forever. Was almost considering just switching to one of the android phones and rooting it for tethering (might still do that since the newest one has wi-fi).

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by clc130 View Post
    Wow, I have been looking for this forever. Was almost considering just switching to one of the android phones and rooting it for tethering (might still do that since the newest one has wi-fi).
    pretty much all the droids have wi-fi dude. they are nice phones.they gotta be to compete with those dang iphones..lol.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    pretty much all the droids have wi-fi dude. they are nice phones.they gotta be to compete with those dang iphones..lol.
    If I recall correctly, the first droid they got on VM, the samsung intercept, did not have wi-fi (if it does, they did not advertise it in the specs). The new LG Optimus V they have is advertised as having wi-fi.