Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default How to activate a pre-paid phone on post paid Verizon

I called verizon and used the generic code they gave me. 650777 was the only code I could get to work for the vx5600. Now that I have the spc number I don't know what I need to do to get my prepaid phone to program with *228.

I moved your post here because it is more carrier specific than device specific. I believe that Verizon post-paid SPC's are six 0's, you can use cdma ws to make that change now that you have the correct SPC. I also believe that the prepaid phone must be active prepaid for a set amount of time (6 months?) before it can activate on a post paid account.

Newb

Thanks for starting my own thread! I used my spc code in cdma ws and changed it like you suggested. I then dialed *228 but it still knows that my phone is a prepaid device. I've read multiple posts of people saying they have ways around this but I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I need to change the prl file.

Quote Originally Posted by devin1205 View Post
    Thanks for starting my own thread! I used my spc code in cdma ws and changed it like you suggested. I then dialed *228 but it still knows that my phone is a prepaid device. I've read multiple posts of people saying they have ways around this but I haven't figured it out yet. I guess I need to change the prl file.
    Use. WS to change the PRL, I believe you can get your VZW PRL from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Newb

I did some research and found my 5600 is a non evdo phone but I don't know the differences between all the other prls. whats the difference between americas choice 1 and 2? I'm on a family nation wide plan if it makes a difference.

Newb

I just called *228 and updated my prl on my broken phone (the screen is bad) then opened ws and read out the prl. I then took my new phone (5600) and tried to send my prl to the 5600 but it failed in ws. I've tried rebooting but nothing seems to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast