also i should say if you think your devices are throttled do this to help check.

on a pc that has the correct drivers installed plug your in your mifi and let drivers load,if you do not see at least 3 ports in your device manger under "ports" that are novatel then your device has another problem,the 2200 are the worst about this,they like to slip into download mode when they do you will only get 1 port they also tend to have software issues that "hide"part of the devices tree and make some blocks of the firm not available to the device so it is kinda of handicapped if you will.seems to me that the device shouldnt run like this but it does because the boot block is unharmed its only part of the amss that is fubared,its a strange little device,i know its the most popular of the mifis but i would like to see people switch to the zte 890L it will run circles around any mifi out there and seems to be pretty stable and smooth,ive been running one for a long time now with Alot of data gone thru it and it is kickin ass i think elisa will say the same about it,it is the best device out there right now.and doesnt have all the probs the 2200 has.