Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Premium Member

Special Thanks for this info to tekoneiric from Android Forums.

I noticed on my Moment I just had it didn't allow you to select dun in diag or debug menus. Work around is as follows. Connect to wifi, go to market, download DG Directcut.

Drivers for the DUN/USB modem functions built into the Samsung Moment. I managed to find a way to get to them. When I set it to act as a USB modem rather than PDA Windows XP sees the device and needs Samsung CDMA drivers.

To access the functions install DG QuickCut then go into it. Click on Create a Desktop Shortcut, select Activity then select DUN, do it a second time and select PhoneUtil. After you have the shortcuts you can open PhoneUtil and set it to USB modem, at that point when plugged into a windows PC it'll start looking for the drivers. I can only assume with the proper drivers you can access the built in DUN capability.

BTW DG QuickCut can add Terminal Emulation to Dropcuts but not a desktop shortcut. Unfortunately it doesn't have root permissions.

Then just go to the phone util, usb modem, and select modem. Automatically places it in diag.

one thing you can do to put it in diag mode, power off the phone, press talk,center,end and when the progress bar flashes green you are in test mode, the scroll down to UART and USB and change the settings from PDA to phone, that will place it into DIAG mode so you can connect it to workshop
    Last edited by whitey10tc; 06-13-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

or just go to settings...Wireless controls...scroll all the way down to Dial Up Networking and check that box...that gonna put your phone in diagnostic mode...

Newb

this is a good solution to flah the moment. thanks!

Newb

I think on the Samsung moment you have to remove the battery for a couple of seconds than put it back in pres and hold vol down, call button, end button all together make sure the end button is the last button to pressed, than just wait for the bar to load and you will be in the Android system recovery utility. than I believe you press the end button to do a factory reset. be careful not to do it with a low battery and don't remove the battery while it resets, Im not responsible if you brick your phone! Ive done this several times and it works great if you have forgotten your pattern
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by yoboyd06; 04-03-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoboyd06 View Post
    I think on the Samsung moment you have to remove the battery for a couple of seconds than put it back in pres and hold vol down, call button, end button all together make sure the end button is the last button to pressed, than just wait for the bar to load and you will be in the Android system recovery utility. than I believe you press the end button to do a factory reset. be careful not to do it with a low battery and don't remove the battery while it resets, Im not responsible if you brick your phone! Ive done this several times and it works great if you have forgotten your pattern
    Hope that helps.
    Does any one have instructions on how to flash the moment to metropcs?
    please post in the right forum, this would be hijacking. post in the metropcs section please

Newb

Thumbs up HTC hero

Quote Originally Posted by thephoneguy913 View Post
    I got it...using connectbot from the market. Run connectbot, choose to connect to "local" type "getprop" and hit enter. You can scroll up and down by dragging along the right side of the screen until you find the line that says "[ril.MSL]: [xxxxxx]" and that's your MSL.
    This is from "JOEHAMMER" in "Android Forums"...It works for me...then ##Diag#...put you MSL then connect with CDMA Workshop ->Change MSL/SPC to "000000" ->Download EVDO Prl -> Change settings under EVDO Tab -> Write and close CDMA Workshop -> Exit DIAG Mode -> Get WI-FI -> Go to Market -> Get Any Cut -> Hit New Shortcut -> Activity -> All the way down to PROXY Settings -> Give a Name -> Go to Your main Screen (your new shortcut should be there) -> Open it and set up the Hostname: wap.mycricket.com -> Port :8080 -> Save and Enjoy your Samsung Moment with talk,text and Cricket wap....
    Got the Hero working.. all you need for the hero is the drivers and then hit ##3424# when connect and used cdma to read and change spc code and write prl with qpst..
    Last edited by antivirus1; 04-22-2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Figured it out

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast