Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Premium Member

Special Thanks for this info to tekoneiric from Android Forums.

I noticed on my Moment I just had it didn't allow you to select dun in diag or debug menus. Work around is as follows. Connect to wifi, go to market, download DG Directcut.

Drivers for the DUN/USB modem functions built into the Samsung Moment. I managed to find a way to get to them. When I set it to act as a USB modem rather than PDA Windows XP sees the device and needs Samsung CDMA drivers.

To access the functions install DG QuickCut then go into it. Click on Create a Desktop Shortcut, select Activity then select DUN, do it a second time and select PhoneUtil. After you have the shortcuts you can open PhoneUtil and set it to USB modem, at that point when plugged into a windows PC it'll start looking for the drivers. I can only assume with the proper drivers you can access the built in DUN capability.

BTW DG QuickCut can add Terminal Emulation to Dropcuts but not a desktop shortcut. Unfortunately it doesn't have root permissions.

Then just go to the phone util, usb modem, and select modem. Automatically places it in diag.

one thing you can do to put it in diag mode, power off the phone, press talk,center,end and when the progress bar flashes green you are in test mode, the scroll down to UART and USB and change the settings from PDA to phone, that will place it into DIAG mode so you can connect it to workshop
    Last edited by whitey10tc; 06-13-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.