Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Re: MIFI 2200 to boost method?

Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    I've flashed multiple Sprint phones to Boost. I've collected a few Incognitos. I'm trying to flash a Verizon mifi 2200 to Boost. Having a hard time. On Boost do we need a 3g ..... or can we use a 1xRTT .....?

I've tried it with a 1xRTT ...... Didn't take. I could program it... but couldn't get it to connect. Well after a few days I'm going to give it another try. This time with a 3g ......

I'm not a dealer. I'm an enthusiast. I have a full time job and I dont make money from flashing phones/mifis. I dont have time to try this hours on end. Just letting others know that I'm trying again...

If you can read the evdo settings off the 1x ..... such as the sanyo mirro you can get data. Unfortunately 1x data is slow as dirt who would want it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaiFar1996 View Post
    do you all normally change the prl's on the mifis flashed to boost? just trying to gain anything extra on sprints crappy data..this one works better than the OTA Prl but wonder if you all have better ones : 11xxx = Corporate acct (VZW 3G roaming) - no LTE/no 800SMR
    I do usually change the prl to standered boost PRL

I do not recommend using an elevated PRL ie. corporate or emt or fed prl

Your speed will be determined almost exclusively by the carrier branded phone you pull the data settings from and your signal strength!

[hide-thanks]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/hide-thanks]
    Last edited by elisa191; 06-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.

www.CheckESNFree.com

NOTE: You do NOT need to modify the ESN on any of these devices. EVDO devices do not validate against the ESN when connecting to EVDO services. All you need is the correct MSL/SPC (in some cases), the correct M.IP profile user/pass, and proper data values set.

Sprint: You will need the MSL of your MiFi. If you don't have it... you can easily pay for a service to get it for you.

..... = d o n o r

First things first... get these items from your ..... phone...
    -SPC/MSL
    -Primary HA IP Address (usually 255.255.255.255)
    -Secondary HA IP Address (mine is 68.28.89.76)

Profile 0 Username (hex@hcm.sprintpcs.com)
    Profile 0 Password (32 character hex string)
    Profile 1 Username (?????@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com)
    Profile 1 Password (6 digit AAA password)

Using CDMA Workshop (my favorite) send the SPC (change to the ..... SPC next).

Next, copy NAM 1 form ..... to MiFi...
    Next, copy NVItems 495-496 and 1192-1194 from ..... to MiFi.... (you may see error writing 1... that's okay)

Next, Using a PC with Wireless (laptop works well) connect to the MiFi. (new/factory reset will have no WEP password).
    Next, After successfully connecting to MiFi via Wireless... open [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in your browser.

-- Default pass is "admin" if the device is new or factory reset.
    --- MiFi might automatically make you configure the device with a new password, and WEP key... if so, proceed... continue when finished and reconnected to MiFi

Next, click WWAN > DIAGNOSTICS... then click MANUAL DEVICE SETUP. It will ask for the MSL... send the one you wrote from the ......

Then another box will popup asking for the User/NAI, AAA, Primary HA IP, and the Secondary HA IP, enter them as you saved them before... and lastly enter the word secret as the HA secret.

Save... reboot the MiFi.

Once powered back on and you logon to it via WiFi, go back to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and login with the admin password.'

Goto WWAN > Activate Device. No matter what it show (active or not) click START to initiate activation process.

It should complete and say you can now enjoy internet.

If all is good, you're done.

If things don't work after this, then your MiFi has a newer firmware and you'll need to use QPST and do the follwing...

Connect to the MiFi via USB using QPST.

Goto M.IP and Profile 0.

make sure that the NAI shows the HEX ESN or MEID of the ..... ... @hcm.sprintpcs.com

next, click enter TEXT string for HA secret and enter the word "secret" without the quotes.

next, open the NVItem 1192-1194 that you saved, and copy 32 characters of the HEX value for the 1192 string, starting AFTER the first digit 10:

So if you see... 10 C3 7F 65 B2 71 1F 81 A3 EE A9 25 CD 12 ED 93 0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ... you'll copy from C3 to 0D (start after 10, and end at the first 00).

Remove the spaces... and then you should end up with something like this (for example): C37F65B2711F81A3EEA925CD12ED930D.

In QPST on Profile 0, for the AAA secret, click enter HEX string and paste your hex string you got from above.

Save.

Goto Profile 1 and edit. Make sure the username is your boost username @myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com

Goto HA secret and click TEXT value and enter the word "secret" without the quotes.

Next goto the AAA secret and click enter TEXT value and put in you 6 digit AAA password from the ..... phone.

click SAVE, then click WRITE TO PHONE on QPST.

Once done, connect to the MiFi over wireless, and go back to the WWAN > CONFIGURATION and click ACTIVATE DEVICE, then START.

This should complete the steps and the MiFi should be good to go.

www.CheckESNFree.com - Proudly Serving The Wireless Community Since 2008!

www.CheckESNFree.com

First make sure the SPC is set to whatever your d__or is and not 000000. Also note the ESN doesn't matter, it can be 12345678901 for all that matters as EVDO does not validate against the ESN.

Next, I suggest using QPST 2.7 (323).

Use QPST to connect to the device and send the SPC, then goto M.IP.
    -Active User: 1
    -Mobile IP Behavior: MOB IP ONLY
    -Initial Registration Retry: 2000ms
    -RFC2002bis: UNCHECKED
    -Re-register only if traffic since last RRQ: CHECKED
    -Registration Retries: 2
    -Pre-lifetime-expiry: 30
    Make sure you have M.IP Profile 0 and 1 in the preview.

Profile 0 should have the username (NAI) as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with _HEX_ being the HEX ESN or MEID of the d__or.
    -Check ENTER TEXT string for HA Shared Secret, enter "secret", without the quotes.
    -Check ENTER HEX string for AAA Shared Secret, and paste the 32bit value you recovered from NV ITEM 1192 starting AFTER 10, ending before 00. It will be a total of 32 characters (remove spaces).
    -Make sure Profile IS Enabled
    -Make sure the Reverse Tunneling Preferred box IS checked on.
    -Make sure MN-HA SPI and MN-AAA SPI is set to 4D2
    -Make sure HOME Address is set to 0.0.0.0
    -Make sure Primary HA Address is set to 68.28.15.12
    -Make sure Secondary HA Address is set to 68.28.31.12
    -Click OK.

Profile 1 should have the account username (NAI) as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    -Check ENTER TEXT string for HA Shared Secret and enter "secret" without the quotes.
    -Check ENTER TEXT string for AAA Shared Secret and enter your 6 digit AAA password from your d__or phone.
    -Make sure Profile IS Enabled
    -Make sure the Reverse Tunneling Preferred box IS checked on.
    -Make sure MN-HA SPI and MN-AAA SPI is set to 4D2
    -Make sure HOME Address is set to 0.0.0.0
    -Make sure Primary HA Address is set to 255.255.255.255
    -Make sure Secondary HA Address is set to 68.28.89.76

-----

Click the PPP Config tab.
    -Select Rm tab
    -Leave everything the same except IPCP Compression, set this to IGNORE.

-Select Um tab
    -Set IPCP Compression, to IGNORE
    -Set the Primary and Secondary DNS to 0.0.0.0
    -UNCHECK Optimized Dormant Handoff
    -User ID must be blank
    -Uncheck Req PW enc

-Select AN tab
    -Leave everything the same except for:
    -Set IPCP Compression, to IGNORE
    -Set USER ID to Profile 0 NAI (username) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Click "Write To Phone"

-------------------------------------

Now, I'm sure there's a step or two I've forgotten or included but isn't required... but this should help.

Newb

Any ideas on how to do MIfi 4510L?

www.CheckESNFree.com

I have a 4510L but it's at my office and I'm at home.

I'll see if I can get it tonight or tomorrow and see what I can do.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast