Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default need help understanding flashing and activating

ok can you flash a phone for a carrier without an active account. Basically If somebody comes into my shop and wants there phone flashed for metropcs and I only do pageplus. Can I still flash there phone with all the carrier settings and then they can take it where ever to get the carrier they want.

the reason I asked this cause im looking for a flash program. wireless workshop seems great but when I talked to a rep he made it seem like when flashing the phone i need an active account to flash the phone # ect to the phone.

I have seen phones activated through pageplus that have been flashed prior to the person having an account with pageplus. with that said is this a flaw with ww. or am sadly mistaking something here.

Thank you

Default Re: need help understanding flashing and activating

For the most part (data parameters specifically and MDN/MIN) you will need to flash that info to the phone for it be done correctly. So WW is correct on that. Although I have seen some Motorola devices that have OTASP on cricket and didn't require a flash "for the DATA" and it's hit or miss (older Androids and some feature phones).

I have customers that sometimes want to flash the phone before porting, what I do is load a cricket prl then have them goto the cricket corp store activate it (our corp stores require the phone to connect to crickets 611 before activating) and bring it back for the finishing touch. But without knowing the MDN/MIN I can't promise a customer a 100% working flash.

Newb

thank you so much for you reply. Im am better grasping this flashing stuff. im am serious about flashing phones. So any help, guides, info ect would be greatly appreciated. feel free to pm me as well. thank you all for this wonderful forum

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

you can preflash most any phone for talk and text,you can also preflash most any phone for data and mms.

however you will need account specific information for about 95 percent of the phones out there today,only the blackberrys and iphones for the most part are able to be preflashed for full flash without account specific info,with only a couple of exceptions to that rule.

who ever you talked to at wireless workshop was shooting you straight,and unless you really know what you are doing i would not suggest preflashing anything and taking money for it before you have a chance to test it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Quote Originally Posted by noble1 View Post
    thank you so much for you reply. Im am better grasping this flashing stuff. im am serious about flashing phones. So any help, guides, info ect would be greatly appreciated. feel free to pm me as well. thank you all for this wonderful forum
    I prefer to keep things in the forum to help everyone, we have many guides, threads for most devices. If you come across a device you need help with just find that devices forum or a misc forum and ask for help or tutorial for that device.