Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Outgoing MMS on IOS 6.0.1 MetroPCS/CricKet?

Can anyone chime in & point me in the right direction for Outgoing MMS for IOS 6.0.1 metro & cricket?

Apprentice

Default Re: Outgoing MMS on IOS 6.0.1 MetroPCS/CricKet?

Quote Originally Posted by Discodisco209 View Post
    Can anyone chime in & point me in the right direction for Outgoing MMS for IOS 6.0.1 metro & cricket?
    Use Rich's tool. Works like a charm. It installs the carrier bundle for you that programs mms.

Although that does bring something up Rich. I notice that sometimes on Metro some pictures dont go through. I'm thinking its because of max message size. If I'm not mistaken, the max message size is set to approx 1mb compression, where Metro max message size is 500k. Does this make sense what I'm saying Rich?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

yes,it will depend on the phone and service its sent from,and how that is set up,obviously if a pic is either not converted to a multimedia message or is sent to large it will fail,and as you know not all carriers have the same requirements as to multimedia as far as size and such.you can play around with the max message size if you are commcenter patched and see if you can adjust it,but really if its metro or cricket,the work is already done,i have them both set as large as is acceptable for the carrier.

also even if everything is setup correctly mms is bound to fail from time to time,no way around it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

5.1.1 iPhones Outgoing MMS never fails, but is failing from time to time common on 6.0.1?

Will Marley 183rd's MMS package work for IOS 6.0.1? and yes for androids on MetroPCS i usually set the max to 500k.

Apprentice

Okay so basically, the MMS fix i currently have installed for 5.1.1 has to be tweaked in the filesys for 6.0.1?

Carrier.pri?
    Version.plist?
    Carrier.plist?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i cant say, because i have never looked at his "mms fix" you can check your mms settings in the carrier.plist but where this is located is in more than place,for instance a carrier bundle loaded via .deb file will be stored in a different place in the phone as one loaded thru ipcc injection. so you only safe bet to see the bundle your phone is using is to nav to var/mobile/OperaterBundle.bundle

when you re-write from there it the phone will respect the changes as long as you are cc patched.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast