Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Apprentice

Question VZW Mifi 2200 Firmware

ok I have a Sprint Mifi 2200 & would like to load Verizon's Firmware on it. Question is where to find a download of this firmware & how would I load it? I have a Verizon mifi 2200 so could I use CDMA WS 3.8.7 to pull the firmware then put it onto the Sprint Device? Reason I care is the Verizon 1 won't charge but can connect to pc & I would like to be able to charge the device while using so I don't have to swap batteries all the time. Thanks for any info

Or can I just load all my info & files for vzw onto the Sprint device & get the same speeds as I get on the VZW 1? just thought about this.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: VZW Mifi 2200 Firmware

you cant pull the firm with cdma ws. i dont think you will be have much luck pulling the firm,we can pull system/boot/ect images from android devices but as you know thats not an android. i have seen firms for vzw and spr mifi's posted around the net,there are many platforms for these devices,not sure if they are reverse compatible or not but you should check for that before you render your device inoperable.
    i am assuming you think the vzw os is a faster smoother running sys than the sprint one,or if not why do you wish to change it? i am curious.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

The firmware will have very little affect on speed, it's the prl and network. What carrier are you on VZW, Sprint, PP?

Apprentice

The reason I want to use the Sprint Mifi is Cause my VZW Mifi device charge port won't charge the device & swapping batteries in & out suks. I read somewhere awhile back that it is possible to swap the firmware on these supposedly. Not so much that 1 is smoother than the other I personally wasn't able to get the sprint mifi to work on vzw. I set it up the same as I would a vzw device with prl,username, passwords, nv items etc.... No go unless i was forgetting/missing something which may b very possible that's y I threw that in there at the bottom. I have already changed the spc so I can get into the sprint device.

I am on Verizon PrePaid so esn/meid is not a factor
    Last edited by 4MUSKRAT; 12-06-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Apprentice

Isnt it DFS that has the firmware in there that u can write to the sprint version? Ive just got a 4510L on VZ PP. way faster than the 2200

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JaiFar1996 View Post
    Isnt it DFS that has the firmware in there that u can write to the sprint version? Ive just got a 4510L on VZ PP. way faster than the 2200
    Yes DFS has the Firmware I do believe. It costs $35 for 5 minutes though so I would just buy a diff device if I have to pay that much.

So is it the same process/steps to put a 4510L Device on Vzw pp?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast