PDA

View Full Version : Need help flashing Motorola Droid to Metro PCS

Mikejones396
07-06-2010, 04:11 AM
hi people, sorry new to the site and was wondering if this this thread here [Only registered and activated users can see links] applys also for the moto droid? well what i meant to say is that can i use this thread to flash my moto droid a855 to metro pcs?

DankOfOwnage
07-06-2010, 04:16 AM
...No...u must find a tutorial for the Moto Droid

Mikejones396
07-06-2010, 04:28 AM
do you happen to know which site i have to go to to get that info? oh and withey10tc gave me that link but its for the droid eris and wasnt sure it would work for the droid a855, but hey hes the kai guru and im just a noob. but now you say it wont work.

DankOfOwnage
07-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Search on HowardForums.com

Wrecked Johnson
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
The Droid solution has been posted on Howard Forums, Mobile Files and I do believe XDA as well google is your friend buddy!

whitey10tc
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Sorry about that try this one. I think I gave it to you with the others, didn't notice they were for the eris just had them bookmarked as metro droid.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

it will get you going,

Mikejones396
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
ok i already got that link. it only describes how to enable the web, apps, gps and mms but wheres the forum about flashing moto droid a855 to metro? or that method also applys for flashing too? or is that a all in one fully flash to metro and enable everything?

Mikejones396
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
The Droid solution has been posted on Howard Forums, Mobile Files and I do believe XDA as well google is your friend buddy!

oh believe me when i search all those three sites, it came up with nothing. i've been on each site searching for about 2 1/2 hours and its frustrating and im tired.

whitey10tc
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes that tutorial is a all in one for NAM, PRL, Etc. Use CDMA WS see the underlined part in the quote below. Also for just basic flash talk/txt check this one out. [Only registered and activated users can see links]
On a side note you will need to get the ESN/MEID entered into the Metro system not sure how that works.

Also you said you had searched other forums, I'm glad you came here to ask for the help.
I did a search on Ho-Fo metro pcs forum and came up with 5 pages with Moto Droid in the thread. Most are hijacks.

How To: Web, apps, gps, and MMS on Motorola Droid

[Only registered and activated users can see links] 9? ([Only registered and activated users can see links] =123456789?)
This is a modified version if the Cricket tutorial. Big thanks to SyZtyM for gathering all the info.

Please note: I am NOT the sole creator of this and credit does not go to me alone for creating this solution. There are a large number of contributors that all played a part in getting this up and going.

Special thanks and credit should go to
gijoey1980
Tracphonejunkie
whiterabittorg
To0
Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due)
Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)
tzBIGWORM (for his youtube video)
Leviuqse (for apn settings)
Myself and many others.
If you were involved and I didn't mention you please let me know and I will add your name to the list

If anyone notices a step I may have missed please let me know so I may edit the tutorial, thanks.

I do not claim responsibility if you damage your phone, proceed at your own risk.

You will need:
-CDMA WS 3.5 (2.7 will work) GOOGLE
-Android SDK [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
-Root Explorer (optional) Android Market
-Hardware Virtual Serial Port[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
-Motorola A855 USB drivers[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (32bit Drivers)
-Autostart.sh and U2nl (thanks to whiterabbit). Download precompiled arm binary. Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\
-Autostart (Root) from Market
-NV Items from whiterabbit.org
First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.
You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Root and ROM: Please Root and flash a ROM before you start this tutorial. If you flash a ROM after you may lose your settings. I recommend Adamz or Bugless Beast because I have confirmed these settings to work on these ROMs.
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Now that your Droid is Rooted and has a custom ROM, let’s get started.

NV Items:

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port you wish to use and click Create COM. (For this tutorial we will use COM5)

Open CDMA[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) WS and connect to COM5.

On security tab send SPC 000000.

Go to “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items and select them.

It should then say NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and download and install Autostart (Root).

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon APN and edit everything to match below. If there are no APN’s create a new one:
Name: metropcs
APN: internet
proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
port: 3128
password: metropcs
server: wap.metropcs.net
mmsc: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
mms proxy: wap.metropcs.net
mms port: 3128
mmc: 310
mnc: 004
auth type: not set
apn type: not set
Or:
Name: Metro
APN: internet
Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
Password: metropcs
Server: *
MMSC: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
MMS Proxy: (nothing)
MMS Port: (nothing)
MMC: 310
MNC: 004
Auth Type: (nothing)
APN Type: (nothing)
I have tested both settings and both are confirmed working.

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file and autostart.sh in this folder c:/android/tools

Now go to the command prompt on your pc and type the following commands:
cd c:\android\tools
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\ android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
reboot

If you are having trouble with adb try this:
-If there is no opt folder to paste autostart.sh in, create one.
-If it does not let you paste u2nl in /system/bin click Mount R/W

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, app, gps, and mms. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

At this current time you must have WI-FI disabled on boot for autostart.sh to run.

Mikejones396
07-07-2010, 12:38 AM
thanks for the link whitey but after i get in to the programing what do i need to put in those fields? it already have some numbers in it already but do i have to put metro pcs config numbers in there to be able to work for metro?

whitey10tc
07-07-2010, 12:45 AM
thanks for the link whitey but after i get in to the programing what do i need to put in those fields? it already have some numbers in it already but do i have to put metro pcs config numbers in there to be able to work for metro?Yup, now your catching on.

Mikejones396
07-07-2010, 06:45 AM
and where can i get these metro config numbers? also if i was able to get the metro config numbers, i also have to flash the metro prl into the phone with cdma ws right?

whitey10tc
07-07-2010, 11:12 AM
and where can i get these metro config numbers? also if i was able to get the metro config numbers, i also have to flash the metro prl into the phone with cdma ws right?
Following the tutorial linked you'll need to write the NV's then check them in the EVDO tab in cmda WS 3.5 or using QPST, it's pretty straight forward for a PRL take a look here in the metro forum's PRL thread.

darules0
11-01-2010, 02:13 AM
I have looked and read many forums and haven't figured it out please help me
Post up a tutorial or something that is the legit thing, the real thing, I'm a noob at this.

bhaal73
11-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Post up a tutorial or something that is the legit thing, the real thing, I'm a noob at this.

It really isn't that hard. If you really did look at the forums you would have noticed that this topic that you posted in has the instructions on how to do it. I personally used those very same instructions from howard forums to flash my droid over to metro. I would recommend that you re-read this topic from the beginning and then if you still can't figure it out, you may find it easier to just pay someone to flash your phone.

bhaal73
11-27-2010, 04:00 AM

After much thought, I decided to post a complete how to guide on how to get the Droid 1 up and running on Metro PCS. I will have it posted sometime tomorrow. But seriously I did it by following the the same set of instructions that are posted in this thread with a few minor differences. If you really are a "noob" at this you should make sure it's something you can do before you try it. Make sure to check back here tomorrow.

iRomeo
05-11-2011, 07:30 PM
That's exactly what i want to know... I'm having trouble getting my phone in "Diag Mode" being that after i install the ROM indicated in the tutorial, my "T" doesn't seem to work. I may be a noob, but not that new to it as i've jailbroken many iphones befor. So my question is; Can you PLEASE write a tutorial on the actual flashing of a Droid 1 to MetroPCS?

Pac3comm1
05-12-2011, 08:57 AM
there already is one on howard forums.

iRomeo
05-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Done That... Been reading countless pages... my brain just exploded

droid2
05-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey guys do you know if this tutorial also works for droid 2 (a955)?
I've searched for days for a tutorial for my droid 2 to get it on metro
pcs but no luck. If this works that would be so great. I have liberty
2.0.1 on my phone i'll try it with that don't know if it supports iptables
but if not i'll switch to a different one. Thanks in advance.