PDA

View Full Version : Update on verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket....

Pages : [1] 2

rich hathaway
02-20-2011, 07:06 PM
THIS WILL GET YOU TALK AND TEXT FOR CRICKET ON THE CDMA IPHONE 4,
[HIDE-THANKS]
as you all know there has been a scurry of activity surrounding this cdma iphone and it being flashed to cricket.
i and countless others have been working frantically on finishing the flash for this phone,with limited results.

talk and text is simple,just get to an area with good signal for cricket or whomever you are trying to flash to and simply dial there ota number,(for cricket *22804) just make sure you are not on the 60z plan as ota will not work on it.(oh and make sure your esn is live) this will load the .prl check it by dialing
*#3005*4357#
then you need just install cydia via greenpoison thru loader ( i have a thread on that here in the iphone forum) search and download an app called Ifile or IfileCracked and navigate to (/,system,library,carrier bundles,iphone,Zeppelin_us) from there open 310VZW.pri with property list viewer,then scroll down to nam-cdma settings then home sid/nid,from there you can edit your sid accordingly. you will also see all the settings needed to get web and pics,but dont bother just yet with that.every page is signed and requires approval by apple servers to render web and mms.this is where the our troubles come in.

there are 3 ways around this,none perfected yet.the simplest is to "inject" the unknown bundle,which is a bundle used by iphone when in roaming senarios,it is the only one that will allow modification and still render web. the second is to bypass the apple signature,and no you cant delete it,it will fail.you will see the apple server addy at the top of the page that it must report to,and dont try to take that out either because iphone will add it back in faster than you can remove it from the 3 places it resides.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

so why am i playing my hand? because if i or someone else gets everthing working and puts it for sale it will only last for a week or so.

why? there is a software called tinypwn almost ready for iphone,and for use on multiple platforms(windows,mac,linux) that will allow for customizations of ipsw's,thus allowing for injection of custom bundles for cricket,metro,or whomever.

it will be freeware!

so for now,if you want to play around with it and see where you can get, download a .plist editor and open the carrier .plist file in the Zeppelin_us bundle (click edit)and add this on the second line

<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
<string>true</string>

and make it word/symbol for word/symbol then hit save and then done then restart

this will allow you to edit those files and use to bypass apples sig. but not with 4.2.6

the app TetherMe also used to do that but not anymore.

i will continue to try and perfect what i have but with tinypwn about to be released a full flash is imanent.there will be many custom cricket ipsw's for iphone cdma for cricket very soon. and please if you have something to add to this thread, by all means....[/HIDE-THANKS]

reeel
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
yup, your right. i worked on it for 3 days straight up untill 4am everyday and figured out the settings wont stick. did you notice how the ppp and hdr passwords were 000000000000000000000000000000? the iphone i am playing with has NOT been activated with verizon. I ALSO NOTICED THE PROVISION FILE FOLDER. I WONDER IF IT WILL FILL IT SELF IN WITH THE FILE WE NEED IF IT WERE ALREADY ACTIVE WITH VERIZON. HMMMM.......

amoamare
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Your only half right. I still WANT to see web working on this even with what you say using a Unknown Carrier Bundle. And ill show you why. I can successfully add, modify, write, change what ever you want to call it, Any file on the CDMA iPhone with out a digital signature check. And ill show my proof. I have YET to see anyone PROVE they have working web.

Just for shits and giggles.
The cricket startup logo is on my youtube.
This is a custom rom btw people.

This is all NATIVELY unlocked using the carrier.plist found in the carrier bundle.
So now what ?

qipengart
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe it is better to use iFunbox to overwrite the Verizon prl with the Cricket/MetroPCS version?

Or would it overwrite perhaps?

terrymizz
02-21-2011, 04:12 PM
talk and text is as simple as esn add then *22804 didnt have to jailbreak etc.

lj27416
02-21-2011, 04:12 PM
hell ya u go amo! :P
now what...? >:-|

reeel
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Congradualtions in advance on the baby. Are you working with an already activated on verizon iphone?

amoamare
02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I have two iphones, One non activated, and one activated. To compare and contrast ;)

terrymizz
02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
very cool-

fatalfury
02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
lol you go amoamare

leadnerd
02-21-2011, 05:21 PM

rich hathaway
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Your only half right. I still WANT to see web working on this even with what you say using a Unknown Carrier Bundle. And ill show you why. I can successfully add, modify, write, change what ever you want to call it, Any file on the CDMA iPhone with out a digital signature check. And ill show my proof. I have YET to see anyone PROVE they have working web.

Just for shits and giggles.
The cricket startup logo is on my youtube.
This is a custom rom btw people.

This is all NATIVELY unlocked using the carrier.plist found in the carrier bundle.
So now what ?

wow,man what is with all the hostility?? in case you did not know this is a freindly community. please curb your language,and consider this a warning.

but i gotta wonder if your getting all this done while watching your girl give birth,well take a few minutes off and enlighten us all. i would think you have been in the flashing world long enough to know to take what you hear with a grain of salt.it seems like quite an ego you have. you were asking my help a few days ago with this,remember??

peepes can and are gonna post what they want to ...true or not..

and as far as being half right about the unkown bundle, your wrong,that bundle "is" the only bundle that will render web without a sig. or approval from apple (as the phone comes stock) this is a fact.It is what the phone uses for data when it roams. there may be ways around signing with the Zepelin_US bundle, the one that comes pre-inlected for verizon,but that has yet to be proven. so do what i do,dont believe anything until you see proof of it,it doesnt sound like you do. good luck with iphone, i hope you get it,but like i said before it wont matter much,that phone will be "crackable" by everyone in the comming days/weeks with the release of more than one software that will have the ability to inject custom ipsw's,so really all this is for not, just braggin rights..your logo is cool though but please calm down bro.

J03D3
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
that method works with cricket... how about doing on metro? and changing the mdn and min? metro doesnt have ota anymore.

reeel
02-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I have two iphones, One non activated, and one activated. To compare and contrast ;)

does the one activated on vzw have anything files loadd in the provisioning folder? or is it still missing?

amoamare
02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
and as far as being half right about the unkown bundle, your wrong,that bundle "is" the only bundle that will render web without a sig. or approval from apple (as the phone comes stock) this is a fact.It is what the phone uses for data when it roams. there may be ways around signing with the Zepelin_US bundle, the one that comes pre-inlected for verizon,but that has yet to be proven. so do what i do,dont believe anything until you see proof of it,it doesnt sound like you do. good luck with iphone, i hope you get it,but like i said before it wont matter much,that phone will be "crackable" by everyone in the comming days/weeks with the release of more than one software that will have the ability to inject custom ipsw's,so really all this is for not, just braggin rights..your logo is cool though but please calm down bro.

It's not bragging rights, i said it still doesn't get WEB, my point was that i can modify all the settings, the phone accepts it but still NO WEB, NO MMS. Because the 3G doesnt not really work. I got tired of people claiming web, I contacted you and yet to receive any message back about it because someone said you had web working, I thought well if he has web we could probably get the whole thing going but you didnt even respond.

This is proof and showing that even with the carrier bundles being bypass the sign and being loaded the phone will still not get web or mms.

qipengart
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
My sort of method for Cricket/MetroPCS Flash here:

Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
2) Download i-Funbox www dot i-funbox.com
3) Connect your iPhone 4 to the Windows PC and the modem drivers will load up
4) Open up i-Funbox and then check to see whether your iPhone is connected.
5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

(speculation from here since I don't have my own iPhone 4 yet)

6) Erase the Verizon prl.
7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.
8) Close up and restart the iPhone
9) Activate using *228 or *22804 to get working talk and text?

qipengart
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Tomorrow I plan to grab a Verizon 16GB iPhone off contract and play around. I was going to get the Viewsonic G Tablet instead but this got me more curious than ever now.

amoamare
02-21-2011, 05:36 PM
leadnerd, I haven't tried yet, i guess i will try that method. Thanks for the response.
reeel, i will check that later tonight and let you know.

r0mster
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.

Thats not going to work. Prl wise anyway. Its not going to accept it.

rich hathaway
02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
It's not bragging rights, i said it still doesn't get WEB, my point was that i can modify all the settings, the phone accepts it but still NO WEB, NO MMS. Because the 3G doesnt not really work. I got tired of people claiming web, I contacted you and yet to receive any message back about it because someone said you had web working, I thought well if he has web we could probably get the whole thing going but you didnt even respond.

This is proof and showing that even with the carrier bundles being bypass the sign and being loaded the phone will still not get web or mms.

i did answer you, i asked you what you had in mind and sent you my number,if you did not get it sorry brother,dont know what happened. my problem with it is actually getting the unknown bundle injected. this should be easy...but it is not.

i have unpacked,repacked,and screwed with it for hours, as a matter of fact i have spent the last week doing almost nothing but mess with that phone, itunes wont recognise any ipcc or ipsw i throw at it,other than stock, and yes i have fully unlocked itunes and have a developer version that will/ is suppost to be injectable,(i did succussfully fix injection on it)while it is working with versions as late as 4.2.1 wont work with either of the newer ones as far as injecting files.it is my belief that no matter what you edit on it,even if one is able to get a com port it will never work until one of 2 things happens.1 the unknown bundle is successfully injected,or 2 the apple approval is bypassed.although lj's ss is impressive,i dont think it will do much good getting a port,but i for one am very curious if he was able to get it installed and how.

lj27416
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
seriously stop posting the same thing five times this doesnt work.
understand this. and stop

LJ

fatalfury
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM
have you tried ireb before injecting ?

qipengart
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
I will have to check out iReb and see if that works indeed.

qipengart
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
seriously stop posting the same thing five times this doesnt work.
understand this. and stop

LJ

Okay, what the best method then?

qipengart
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
talk and text is as simple as esn add then *22804 didnt have to jailbreak etc.

Sounds good. I am going to try this method as soon as I get my iPhone and then go from there. Did you have to change the SID to 5027 or automatic station identification?

rich hathaway
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
pwnd dfu or ireb has no effect. i think the prob is in repacking. i have tried several different compression tools along with renaming ipcc,ipsw to no avail.there is something missing i have also tried packing it with a stock 4.2.6-no-go packing it in 4.2.6 with the Zeppelin bundle removed--no-go,with just the bundles together--no-go
it will recognise 4.2.6 if i unpack and then repack but if there is even one mod. made to it--no-go

rich hathaway
02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Sounds good. I am going to try this method as soon as I get my iPhone and then go from there. Did you have to change the SID to 5027 or automatic station identification?

you will still need to change the sid, both of mine came with 2004,which works for cricket but you will prolly want to change just to be sure you arnt roaming all the time.check out the first post in this thread if you dont know how to.

qipengart
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
you will still need to change the sid, both of mine came with 2004,which works for cricket but you will prolly want to change just to be sure you arnt roaming all the time.check out the first post in this thread if you dont know how to.

Sweet... so basically activate by adding to Cricket system then hit *22804 then hack into the SID. That sounds easy enough to get Cricket talk and text on my PayGo account :D

amoamare
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
I'll be having a repo up that's almost ready. This repo will have the patched system files in order to bypass the signature check. ONLY select members will have access to this repo. Like I said I have already patched the system to bypass the signature checks. My problem is getting the NV username and password. That is the only issue now.

kemosaif
02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Metropcs don't have ota programming right now.I loaded prl and called them but they said it's not available right now :(

qipengart
02-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Metropcs don't have ota programming right now.I loaded prl and called them but they said it's not available right now :(

Ah... I wish that MetroPCS had OTA programming... I just saw them out at Best Buy in fact ;)

qipengart
02-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Well I get the outgoing calls and texts but fail to get incoming calls and texts. Seems like I have trouble programming the MIN and MDN into the phone. Any clues?

rich hathaway
02-24-2011, 09:53 AM
did your phone take the ota successfully?

qipengart
02-24-2011, 10:40 AM
did your phone take the ota successfully?

Yes the OTA worked just perfectly. I need to test incoming calls but certainly I get a few incoming text messages. But it doesn't work with Google Voice text forwarding apparently.

thug09
02-24-2011, 11:19 AM
There's a app in Cydia called tetherMe and it allows you to edit apns so I think this should he get web working I'm not sure I have to try it when I get home but it says it bypasses the signature check so it should work

rich hathaway
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
TetherMe will not get web working on cdma iphone,it will make apn visible/editable,but this app alone will not work for web

thug09
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Well Ill keep trying new apps and keep messing with the iPhone hopefully something works and I can share with you guys

Mtdblock3
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
texting does not work... everyone ive spoken to says the same thing.. huge problems with receiving texts with Att/tmo customers...

qipengart
02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Tomorrow I will be swapping my Verizon iPhone for the AT&T version. Can't make do without my texting of course :)

moeh1234
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
How did you get it in Iphone Diagnostics Interface???

moeh1234
02-25-2011, 02:22 AM
How did you go into Iphone Diagnostics Interface?

whitey10tc
02-25-2011, 02:28 AM
How did you get it in Iphone Diagnostics Interface???

How did you go into Iphone Diagnostics Interface?

Posting the same question repeatedly in a short amount of time clutters the thread and won't get answered any faster. Please allow 48-72 hrs for a response, if someone knows they will post it, if it's not already posted. "I think it is"

moeh1234
02-25-2011, 02:30 AM
My bad lol :D

rich hathaway
02-25-2011, 10:19 AM
its not posted,the op did not explain if he was able to get it installed.you can see from the ss that the pc was searching but never said if it was successful.

r0mster
02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
There is no iPhone Diagnostic Interface.

Don't you think if it was real it would be posted or at least bragged about lol?

sacinfowarrior
02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I have successfully got Talk & Text on MetroPCS. Calls and SMS seem to be working fine.

changoleon
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM

lj27416
02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
just cuz it stays in the pri doesnt mean it applies it while connecting buddy. u need to actually flash it to the iphone itself.

lj27416
02-26-2011, 05:00 PM
There is no iPhone Diagnostic Interface.

Don't you think if it was real it would be posted or at least bragged about lol?

thank you ! lol

changoleon
02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
just cuz it stays in the pri doesnt mean it applies it while connecting buddy. u need to actually flash it to the iphone itself.

I Know That the Phone Connects but does Not load a Page Its Like Changing The settings Mannually On A Phone i had To edit and Modify several Lines Of Code If It Could be Flashed To It w Like CDMA workshop of couurse It could Be Done It dosent Just stay On The pri it also stays In the PHone its Like Doing The M820 but exept its an Iphone

kemosaif
02-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I have successfully got Talk & Text on MetroPCS. Calls and SMS seem to be working fine.

How did u do that?
I called metropcs and said no ota programming available right now.

reeel
02-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Incomming texts not working from any carrier for me.

Nevermind, it was a porting issue. i never have issues with porting, it had to be on the iphone 4 !!!!!

incoming text stopped working from other carriers again

bawanyh
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Incomming texts not working from any carrier for me.

Nevermind, it was a porting issue. i never have issues with porting, it had to be on the iphone 4 !!!!!

Im having the same issue. All I did was change the esn and programmed it *22804. Calling works, outgoing text works, no incoming. I refreshed the account still same thing. Anyone have any suggestions? I also changed the Home SID using iFile

rich hathaway
03-01-2011, 11:55 AM
here is a table explaning the values of the type-mask and what they represent. this may or may not help your issue with text but worth a try.

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

aslangum
03-03-2011, 04:49 AM
*** hidden content ***

what do you mean edit them accordingly.ive got it to the point of editing sid/nid but dont know what to write in there.can you please help?

aslangum
03-03-2011, 04:57 AM
What do you mean edit them accordingly? what do i put in that list.can you please help?

rich hathaway
03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
please dont double post,it clutters up the forum. i answered your pm,but we really need to keep asking for help in the forum not thru pm's,no one else will benefit from it unless they can read it in open forum. thanks.

Wrecked Johnson
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Get em..................... If you cant play by the house rules then you need to go in timeout.

rich hathaway
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
lol..........

rich hathaway
03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Im having the same issue. All I did was change the esn and programmed it *22804. Calling works, outgoing text works, no incoming. I refreshed the account still same thing. Anyone have any suggestions? I also changed the Home SID using iFile

the fix for the text messages is most likely in either the type-mask which should be for most of us 53 and/or in the phone number registration gateway addy.

due to face time facetime and how it works with different carriers,not all but some carriers are mis-handeling sms. for instance both of my iphones text work in and out with cricket,but niether do with tmobile,or simple, they are not properly adjusted to handle the facetime differences.
both of the phones i have, have 900080006010 for registrations,i have also seen a few others,they were the same.

the proper value should be 00447786205094 for carriers that dont have facetime capabilities, so when carrier.plist is open with plist editor it should read...

<key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>

<string>00447786205094</string>
and should be exactly the same.
now, the problem is getting the phone to recognise these values,while we can sh them into the phone but it wont make any difference until a proper patch is made for commcenter,so it wont do anything,yet. so wait a couple of weeks until tinypwn is out or wortel releases a updated patch for 4.3 then update, install the patch, sh this and write your custom plist to the phone and this phone will be fully flashed,that is all were waiting for to get this phone fully working really is a working bypass/patch for commcenter, i have heard about 10 peeps say they have commcenter patched, i am sure they are using wortels patch for 4.2.1 which installs but does not function correctly with 4.2.6 and will not bypass sig checks.

reeel
03-05-2011, 11:36 PM
thanks for the update. i hope the tiny-umbrella solution works. In the cdma world, QPST is always our friend. All qualcomm chips must go into diag mode. They all do, not one has failed. There will be alot of editing involved for Cricket, if we dont get the phone to read in diag mode. Someone will have to release an automated system to make all of the adjustments for cricket. The sms issue doesnt make sense with the whole facetime idea. Facetime is data streaming, sms is a seperate issue. I'm NOT an iphone guru, but im wondering why that phone still shows PRL and PRI files from other carriers in the bundle pkgs. Is this like a LTE world phone under the covers. Maybe thats why the phone will not go into diag mode. Something is up with this phone......

rich hathaway
03-06-2011, 12:25 AM
facetime uses sms,wi-fi and other functions, but it is associated with a different class of billing,you know it is calculated different so thats just one reason some companies systems dont know how to handle it yet,they dont have provisioning and feature codes and scripting to deal with it,yet,but as it catches on companies will add this service to there lineup and will then be programmed to deal with it, others that dont offer the service will likely work on compatability as well

wthigon
03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome Gizmodo readers.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!5778691/how-to-get-a-pay+as+you+go-cdma-iphone-4

cocoruier
03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Thank you!
I want to know how to flash the iphone4 .
Great.

rich hathaway
03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
read the first post in this thread

amoamare
03-12-2011, 05:47 AM
PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress

Changing this did not fix the SMS issues. I tried all different address's but nothing as of yet. Just a quick update. We have verified the ability to write
SPC
A key
PRL
SID
MDN
MIN
M.IP
Username
Password

The issue with username and password is not knowing what it writes from the looks it might be encrypted or be writing as a MD5 not sure. So i tore apart the iPhone to try the rs232 idea and I get no connection. But i have no time right now to keep working on the iPhone as much as I used to.

execmanoj
03-13-2011, 08:04 PM
It's not bragging rights, i said it still doesn't get WEB, my point was that i can modify all the settings, the phone accepts it but still NO WEB, NO MMS. Because the 3G doesn't not really work. I got tired of people claiming web, I contacted you and yet to receive any message back about it because someone said you had web working, I thought well if he has web we could probably get the whole thing going but you didn't even respond.

Web/MMS will work, if you can figure out this value for Metro PCS / Cricket(Carrier Plist), this one is here for Verizon, Line 172 <data>
iCeiDDaQd6DxxW2ygGgrkl8h+7wzCIxEZc5cgqy6B1W7gc+zRQ t+
m5Fr3nNbmIrkC/X9UWOs4iOGpeCK1xWIYdsIjLEBeVLf3qra/971
W6ujbMSBLACYaagEC+3VGzg5mKrTiYIx7JRz0BERwhrs7C0KeE z2
KFJ87IQw1kWKlBM=</data>
</data>
again Line 206 <data> mJ74JgXWCQ472TOKYo99nuqJDMQVPG+/cYN2zaAjvkZWRZqqD7XEi6NjYT6C2+OvzdpN+bUV2+1nrw129a 4yUIMKJrYWKAp5TnDN4BoyRpYF4hofOykovTEPDJN7MmzUvbZx WWRu
2TDzoi3PTwQvLuUetePWd2ugkS8R3qNnJeI=
</data>
</data>
Data value change is real important, without it, you won't get web, a suggestion, if you can access data/web file from existing cricket carrier or metro carrier, you will be able do it. I have Kyocera domino, don't know how to access system files, any suggestions, I will try to get settings from there and update in carrier plist.

Thanks,

Manoj

rich hathaway
03-13-2011, 08:21 PM
that is one of the sigs for data. they have already been bypassed with no success. if you change the value by even 1 digit without patching commcenter the phone will reject it immediatly and every time.

ComandorUA
03-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Please help, MDM or NAm programming Iphone CDMA Verizon, put manual.(telephone is diag mode-modem ports for flash QPST).

rich hathaway
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
use ota for nam programming,it is the esiest way.

aslangum
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Rich,how much progress have you had flashing this phone untill now? have you fixed the text messaging issue? if so i wanna send you my phone for programing.

miahburg
03-29-2011, 09:17 PM
thank you!!!!

miahburg
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
thank you!!!

rich hathaway
03-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey Rich,how much progress have you had flashing this phone untill now? have you fixed the text messaging issue? if so i wanna send you my phone for programing.

not ready yet! be patient.

jon2006
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey dear,

How do I flash with Metro PCS. I dialed *228 and activated with Metro PCS but it shows my MDN as a 0000005045.

please help, my Prl is: 2004
Eri:6

nocturnaltampa
04-04-2011, 09:17 PM
*** hidden content ***

I was able to get the phone esn with metro, i did ota prog, changed the sid and still when i make call says to make collect call press 1, to use prepaid credit dial2, ..etc
why cant i get this phone fully working, what am i missing? i assume nid stays the same , do i change the mdn?

2day4speed
04-04-2011, 09:35 PM
There may be a way to bypass the Apple Code Signature, i could be wrong, i am not sure, but there is a way to tell the Code to disable the Signature, but you may have to get a Mac and use some special Tools to get into the Code. Again, i could be wrong.

rich hathaway
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
I was able to get the phone esn with metro, i did ota prog, changed the sid and still when i make call says to make collect call press 1, to use prepaid credit dial2, ..etc
why cant i get this phone fully working, what am i missing? i assume nid stays the same , do i change the mdn?

did you try what i suggested?

[dial *#5005*4357# then press send,that will tell what prl is injected in the phone,make sure it is a metro one.
then *#5005*74663# then send to check mdn

i have heard if you get american roaming network try to change nid from 66535 to 0

try that.

like i said i am not a metro guy so i am not familier w/there settings ]

ams7786
04-06-2011, 07:15 PM
i found a code that could help
its ##2539 send
then it asks for spc code witch is 6 zeros and afer it asks for an authunciation code
lets see if we can fix text message problems with this!!!

2day4speed
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
i found a code that could help
its ##2539 send
then it asks for spc code witch is 6 zeros and afer it asks for an authunciation code
lets see if we can fix text message problems with this!!!
What is the Authentication key?

ams7786
04-09-2011, 02:27 PM
thats the tricky part

Drakonium
04-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Hey ppl, i currently work on a cricket dealer and own an verizon iPhone so if theres anything that can help to the progress of getting all the features working and some help to flash my iPhone just let me know :D

aslangum
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
i dont know anything about phones but people that do know,is there any way to customize and hack the update(4.2.7) to somehow work on cricket and then just install the whole package?

i just want this damn phone to be flashed

rich hathaway
04-14-2011, 11:54 PM
you mean 4.3 or 4.3.1?

aslangum
04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
i thought 4.3.2 was att and 4.2.7 cdma no?

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 08:56 AM
i thought 4.3.2 was att and 4.2.7 cdma no?

4.2.1 & 4.3 & 4.3.1 is gsm and 4.2.5 & 4.2.6 is cdma

captainkirks
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Rich this is the newest update for the verizon phone 4.2.7, it just came out yesterday.

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Rich this is the newest update for the verizon phone 4.2.7, it just came out yesterday.
thanks kirk,
here is my take on the update (thats all it is ,a security update).

but the question is whose security does this have in mind? yours or apples?

i say apple's,as this update has no features or real fixes it is not worth updating,and
remember what we start doing right after we update..... we start looking for patches and fixes for the bugs that and probs that we just dl'd with the update that screwed us up when we had a perfectly good working idevice before we got the bright idea of updating.

when the os number jumps by an incriment of .01 it is basicaly to just make you loose your jailbreak and/or unlock-which you will if you update to either 4.2.7 cdma or 4.3.2 gsm-

check this --[Only registered and activated users can see links]

when the number jumps from say 3.1.3 to 4.0 that is a new firmware with features and corrections more worth the upgrade.

so as there is no jailbreak as of right now for 4.2.7 or 4.3.2 i would advise to stay away

with small upgrades like this,it is concievable that the latest jailbreak may still work,but that is not proven yet,nor has it been tested to see if a downgrade back to where you were will work ok with tiny umbrella or other.

so all this is,is just a "trap" from apple to make you loose your jailbreak and unlock again,unless of course you have bought the iphone forever permanent unlock for your gsm iphone.

so be smart and wait a bit for some info to be posted before jumping in and updating.

rich hathaway
04-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I have tried this and whenever i try to call someone or even 411, i only get MSF02: BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA every time the only thing that work for me are *22804, *228, and #*-------etc, etc...any suggestions? I really would love text and phone only, then i could attempt to get web..

you are trying to use cricket?

moeh1234
04-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I found the authentication key!!!

ams7786
04-18-2011, 06:59 PM
how? did you call verizon

paul3x16
04-20-2011, 12:46 AM
ok so i also looking forward to do this any way i can help let me know i found this pague with a lot of prl [Only registered and activated users can see links] now whe i went and check system/library/carrier bundles you can find a lot of bundles around the country. i have iphone 4 verizon and even the bunddle from att shows up.. now i need to understand this better what can i help for this to work in metropcs o sprint. the only way i see it is to clone the iphone ESN to a sprint or metropcs phone

wthigon
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
ok so i also looking forward to do this any way i can help let me know i found this pague with a lot of prl [Only registered and activated users can see links] now whe i went and check system/library/carrier bundles you can find a lot of bundles around the country. i have iphone 4 verizon and even the bunddle from att shows up.. now i need to understand this better what can i help for this to work in metropcs o sprint. the only way i see it is to clone the iphone ESN to a sprint or metropcs phone

What the F**k you talking about?

rich hathaway
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM

cloning as you are speaking of from one phone to another is highly illegal and will not be discussed here. it has been said about a thousand times all over this and every other forum out there that sprint uses sprint esn's,not verizon,not cricket,not metro! but only sprint,they are picky and want to sell phones not activate the one you already have. metro will allow non metro esn's but not sprint.

Traye Prince
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok I am totally lost and am in need of some serious help. I have a verizon iphone 4 that I need help flashing. It has been activated before but as it stands right now, it says no network and carrier not available. Can someone give me some pointers or let me know what I need to do next. It is jailbroke and I have ifile to search through the carrier bundles

rich hathaway
04-20-2011, 04:57 PM
well no one knows who's service you are trying to flash it to so that makes it kinda hard to help you freind.

Traye Prince
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Sorry I guess that would help lol. Im trying to flash it to cricket

thesmitty68521
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Sorry I guess that would help lol. Im trying to flash it to cricket

You are trying to flash your phone to Cricket and you are from Saint Louis? Isn't Saint Louis a triband market? I am sure it is and a flash phone will be roaming in a triband market.

rich hathaway
04-20-2011, 05:34 PM
what smitty is trying to say is you need to use a cricket branded phone in st.louis and sell your v-iphone4 to me for 10 bucks....lol.

Traye Prince
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I spoke to cricket here and they said it will work without roaming I would just get only talk and txt. The only problem is they dont have the flashing software in their stores here because we are a new market so they said I would need to flash it myself in order to use it. Ive messed around with it but haven't been able to get it yet so now I need some professional help

rich hathaway
04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
here is a list of aws cricket markets that was current as of march 2010--

Beaumont, TX
Brownsville, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
Laredo, TX
Las Vegas, NV
McAllen, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
St. Louis, MO.
Chicago, ILL
Philadelphia, PA
Madison, WI
Milwaukee, WI
and let me explain why custy service would tell you that it will work,are you ready?THEY DONT KNOW SQUAT,PERIOD!
they are reading a script on a screen that was scripted for peeps calling about cricket branded phones.

that phone will work but it will only roam.meaning that cricket will terminate your service because it will cost them to much for you to use partner coverage all the time,so save yourself some headache and just sell it to me for the 10 bucks,no but really you can just use the ota (*22804) to over the air program it after your meid is added to your acct,you dont need to worry about writing sid or anything else since you will only be using it for a month or so unless you move.

Traye Prince
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
The only problem then is they wont let me add the meid to my account because the say its in a different format and I tried the *22804 number but it just hangs up before anything happens.

rich hathaway
04-20-2011, 09:06 PM
The only problem then is they wont let me add the meid to my account because the say its in a different format and I tried the *22804 number but it just hangs up before anything happens.

it just need converted,you have it in hex form,you need it in dec. send it to me in pm (dont post it in open forum) and i will do the conversion for you

aslangum
04-22-2011, 11:54 PM
does anyone know how to change the home sid on the iphone?

bigdogetg
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
im from chicago an would really like a walkthrough of how to flash my verizon iphone to cricket i dont think we have metro pcs in chicago but i could be wrong i only want talk and text as of now but please help me out guys

bigdogetg
04-23-2011, 02:11 PM
wats the code

rich hathaway
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
chicago is a aws market,meaning you are stuck with using cricket branded phones only,no flashed phones because they will only roam there.

look at the post on the top of this page,i posted a list of aws markets.

omarw3
04-23-2011, 09:46 PM
grasios alguin podria suvir una copia de la carpata de prl

rich hathaway
04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
grasios alguin podria suvir una copia de la carpata de prl

por favor, escriba en Inglés para que nuestros lectores en el foro y los miembros puedan entender y ayudar a usted. tal vez utilizar el traductor de google

translation-(please type in english so our forum readers and members can understand and help you. maybe use google translator)

younggun
04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Would it be possible to setup a proxy like we do for androids on the 45 plan? Im sure that hasnt been overlooked but that should atleast get test web yeah?

Jose Esparza
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Todo depende de que tipo de market estes y en k estado de USA estes amigo. he said that if someone would please upload the prl.

rich hathaway
04-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Todo depende de que tipo de market estes y en k estado de USA estes amigo. he said that if someone would please upload the prl.

there are about 40 prls for cricket,also there is a prl thread here in the forum that has most working prl's posted.

Jose Esparza
04-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah thats what i told him . i was just translating for yall.

ThatBoyRio
04-25-2011, 01:29 AM
chicago is a aws market,meaning you are stuck with using cricket branded phones only,no flashed phones because they will only roam there.

look at the post on the top of this page,i posted a list of aws markets.

I live in Chicago & have been using a fully flashed Cricket EVO for the past 3 months. Everything works perfectly fine on my device & it doesn't roam. People think I'm lying when I tell them about it and are usually very skepticle until they see it with their own eyes.

rich hathaway
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I live in Chicago & have been using a fully flashed Cricket EVO for the past 3 months. Everything works perfectly fine on my device & it doesn't roam. People think I'm lying when I tell them about it and are usually very skepticle until they see it with their own eyes.

guys lets stay on point and not hijack this thread anymore,but to quickly answer --

things have changed with cricket alot in the past few months,so roam is not the right word to use anymore,but your phone is using partner coverage (sprint) and since it is partners now it wont show it is roaming.however if you are using it more than 50 % of the time in that market on sprint,the plan is for criccket to send you a letter saying that they are terminating your acct,and you would be better served with another carrier.

the reason being that partner coverage is limited and expensive for cricket,they paid 330 million for the partnership wich allows for use on there towers,but within certain limits. so someone will notice this and it will eventually happen,they have a dept that does nothing except evaluate airtime on accts.

younggun
04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Hey Rich, Why dont we do a proxy work around like we use to do on the androids on the 45$ plan, instead of trying to get solid 60z web ( i know its coming down to custom ipsw and tinypwn is coming ) but i mean for a temp solution?

rich hathaway
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
the solution i have been working on is thru cricket proxy and not straight web(60z) however there are alot of variables,some of which have not been worked out yet.as of right now there is no web solution for this phone.

JJ cricket
04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I have a iphone 4 Flashed to cricket outgoing and incoming calls work and outgoing text... What doesn't work is caller id and incoming text ( non-cricket). I have tried all previously suggestions but non fix the incoming text issue. Any one have any more ideas?

aslangum
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Hey rich, I recently tried this for the text messaging issue and it worked.can you please also try it since you are in another network and let me know.

all I did was put in an extra 1 in front of my iphone cricket number before i texted myself from an att phone. ie i texted 1-222-222-2222 instead of 222-222-2222.

also is there a way around it? so we dont actually have to dial the 1?

rich hathaway
04-27-2011, 10:27 PM
i just tried from my personal iphone (tmobile) to cricket iphone and cricket iphone will send but not recieve,also tried from verizon iphone to cricket iphone and the same result,it sends but not rec.

JJ cricket
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I also tried to use 1- before did not work for me neither. Thanks for the suggestions. please keep them coming people

ghettodc
05-04-2011, 03:38 PM
*** hidden content ***
this is great!!!!!!!!

Greg Lucchese
05-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Cool so I used the Akey converter tool, did the ##2359 thing, and it says Akey successfully written. Now what? Lol

nesqu1k
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
what for this key????

2day4speed
05-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I am not sure if i am correct, but if you flashed your phone to cricKet or MetroPCS, your iPhone will not be updated to 4.2.8, instead it gives an 3xxx error

again i am not sure if i am correct

rich hathaway
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
you can still update whether flashed or not,although it has been said athousand times that updates are almost always followed by frantic looking for patches and/or fixes for the problems you download with your update.

if you are getting errors use ireb 4.1 before you update.

motley28
05-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Sorry guys if I'm posting in wrong thread or if I should have started new one on this post. Anyway, I have my iPhone 4 from Verizon and it's flashed to Cricket(which I have posted many times before,sorry) and I was looking at my account on mycricket.com and came across something interesting. Immediately after I login to my account the next page that appears is a summary of my account which towards the bottom lists my phone model which is usually correct no matter what phone I have had. Now my phone is listed as Motorola K1M KRZR. I'm curious to what others are being listed as. Any ideas to why this specific model is listed? If others that have iPhone flashed to cricket have same model listed it would make sense.

Hey Rich, Is the Cricket iphone you tried to text to from your tmobile iphone also yours? I'm guessing not. just wondering because if it is yours i was curious to what phone model does cricket list on their accounts as?

rich hathaway
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
it is my phone i have several,i am a cricket dealer as well.the model listed on your acct is whatever the person that added your meid to your acct put there,or if they didnt change it then it was listed as that when you had the phone before that iphone.
because the phone wont work with data yet it really does not matter what model it is listed as. for basic services as talk and text model makes no difference.

motley28
05-08-2011, 12:29 AM
thanks rich, your posts in these forums have been very helpful

yipwireless
05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I just fashed the iphone, text and talk works. I change the sid on the pri file. what do I need to change, so my iphone would say cricket.

rich hathaway
05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
the quick way is just look for an app in cydia called fake carrier....install it and just change your carriers name to whatever you want.

allgod4
05-10-2011, 03:49 AM
hey i just got the verizon iphone and did the meid change to cricket and *22804 dont work is it another way to get talk and text thanx in advance

rich hathaway
05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
read the forum brother,it is redundant as hell for me to post this over and over again everyday.

most all the know probs with basic flashing have been addressed here in the iphone forum if you just take the time to read.*22804 does not work the first try for many look for my post about it,it has tips that will get you going.

nocturnaltampa
05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
How did u do that?
I called metropcs and said no ota programming available right now.

you told the rep it was iphone 4? or they just programmed it?

motley28
05-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Has anyone else tried this and got full text to work with all carriers? By changing the SID in the pri file. I changed the sid before in the pri and nothing. I do remember though messing up my first flash then when i reflashed i full text for about 5 mins

rich hathaway
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
that wont fix the text problem

Dex
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Devs are currently workin on this phone the texting problem is a real pain for now i suggest GV and wifi for texting out of network friends and fam

san20176
05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
I manage to get everything going but the web will not work, eventhought the phone displays 3G but it just sits there and does othing.

boliviano
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
hello here i founf something that will help for flashing to cricket or metro pcs i am just giving the link work has been done by somebody else but it works great 100% for flashing

[Only registered and activated users can see links](Incomplet e)

whitey10tc
06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
hello here i founf something that will help for flashing to cricket or metro pcs i am just giving the link work has been done by somebody else but it works great 100% for flashing

[Only registered and activated users can see links](Incomplet e)

That wiki page would appear to be invalid. (Blank)

mannyrocks
06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
here is the working link to changing the PRL on the iphone 4
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ete%29

Bjornsitte
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Just got an iPhone 4 CDMA off Ebay...... Problems though :( it's UNACTIVATED! What do I do? Trying to jailbreak it and flash to Cricket...

whyrless
06-03-2011, 08:11 PM
well 1st off n u prob already know but u don't need jailbreak an iPhone 2 get talk and text....you can simply add the iPhone esn 2 metro and then from the iPhone dial *22804 and change devices..bam talk and text...ive done a bunch of these although im not sure if they had already been activated..hope that helps

rich hathaway
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM
to activate cdma iphone 4 just simply plug the iphone and open itunes,itunes will take care of the rest.

that is if you have a working iphone that just needs activated. and what i mean by that is it shows the usb cable needing itunes and it must show the slidebar on the bottom,if it doesnt show the slidebar you are in recovery and that will require different work before activating.

Bjornsitte
06-03-2011, 09:24 PM
well 1st off n u prob already know but u don't need jailbreak an iPhone 2 get talk and text....you can simply add the iPhone esn 2 metro and then from the iPhone dial *22804 and change devices..bam talk and text...ive done a bunch of these although im not sure if they had already been activated..hope that helps

I did jailbreak with greenpoison and sucessfully dl'd cydia. I've gotten open ssh but can't find the zeppelin us.bundle where it is supposed to be. I just did the *#3005*4357# and the esn is not active so... I'm assuming that means I have to get the information and give it to cricket reps to make the esn active... So, where is the esn number? I've got the MEID and Serial.....

Have patience... I'm just coming off of Android rooting and hacking so this is MUCH different. Glad to be running everything apple but being a noob SUCKS

Thanks for your help in advance

rich hathaway
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
meid is what you need,but it will need to be converted from hexidecimal to decimal,(simple) then have your meid added to your acct.then simply use the ota programming to get started talking. i can help you with adding your meid or call custy service/visit a local store

Bjornsitte
06-03-2011, 11:27 PM
meid is what you need,but it will need to be converted from hexidecimal to decimal,(simple) then have your meid added to your acct.then simply use the ota programming to get started talking. i can help you with adding your meid or call custy service/visit a local store

help with the meid decoding would be great. I just spent 20 minutes with Crickets Indian reps going over the lack of proper numbers, then I called verizon and made sure the phone was ok....

also I updated through iTunes to 4.2.8 and that removed my greenpoison jailbreak (should've seen that coming) so now I'm going through the hoops with pwnagetool and finding the appropriate files (verizon 4.2.8 pt bundle.zip). Is jailbreaking at all necessary for what I'm trying to accomplish at this level or am I trying to learn addition and calculus at the same time

rich hathaway
06-04-2011, 12:11 AM
bro,calm down its easy,send me your meid and ill convert it for you,but not here,send it in a pm.then like i said just get someone to add your meid to your acct,dial *228 or *22804 and let the over the air activation do its thing,and you will be good.

stars.inc
06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Has anyone been able to activate while on the 60z plan??? OTA isn't working I been messing with the ifile but haven't been able to find where to edit min/mdn

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

rich hathaway
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
change your plan to the 45 then ota

blakey57
06-12-2011, 09:09 PM
what is the authentication key??

blakey57
06-12-2011, 09:12 PM
it seems as though the prl will not change on my iphone. i overwrite the original verizon prl. turn the prlpushflag on. reboot. turn prl pushflag off. reboot. and my prl is still verizon, and never changed

rich hathaway
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
read this entire thread it will help you,also it is posted in this thread already,if you just look around.

[Only registered and activated users can see links](the-simple-way)

thug09
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Is there anything i can do to contribute to finding a solution?? anything at all i want to be able to use all the features on this bad boy already!

Dex
06-21-2011, 10:34 PM
like stated b4 there are devs workin on it just be patient one of us will crack it soon

moeh1234
06-22-2011, 03:53 PM
authentication key doesnt do anything, i got my authentication key. But it didn't do anything!!!!! But its pretty easy to get ur authentication key

cricketuser
06-24-2011, 02:30 AM

pretty familiar with coding on the iPhone OS

not trying to brag but im tired of this nice piece of s**t device that i have.

im on crickets $30 plan and that for talk text pic and web ... ow yeah ...

it worked great on the android reg phones and now i want it on this piece of s**t iPhone.

what i want to do is work on it volunteering so let me know pm me.

metriodx
06-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I try theiphonewiki.com way to push the prl in, but it does not work for me. I use 1.*#5005*4357# and sent it is 2004 and eri 5. I push metro prl then turn pushflag to true, reset, turn pushflat false and reset, it didn't work. I push cricket prl and metropcs prl and both give me prl 2004 and eri 5. So the prl is not sticking. The prl file file seems to overwrite the orignial prl file because the bytes are not the same when I check if it did overwrite the orignal prl file.
What can I do to fix this?

rich hathaway
06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
try the ifile method,but read this whole thread before you do.

LacLQuan
06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
can someone tell me how to get the akey...

metriodx
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
try the ifile method,but read this whole thread before you do.

I try the ifile and Diskaid method and reload ispw with snowbreeze couple of times but no avail. I gave my iphone to my bro and try to get another iphone and try again.

Hey Rich, appriciate all your contributions to iphone sections.

rich hathaway
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
can someone tell me how to get the akey...

i will put up a post this weekend sometime for a guide to get your akey and use it on cdma viphone.im to bizzy tonight and tomorrow.but ill get one up for you dude/dudet.

rich hathaway
07-01-2011, 12:25 AM
her ya go,guide to get yer akey below

antman1
07-02-2011, 07:01 AM
her ya go,guide to get yer akey below

What does the AKey do for us on the iPhone? I am unsure what the AKey is.

hpham228
07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok im a newbie in this forum and im trying to flash my verizon iphone 4 to cricket, i tried to read all the threads but it doesnt make sense to me. So somebody please show me how to flash my iphone?...I bought my iphone off craighlist and i think its stolen phone because when i called verizon to activate the iphone but they said it still being activating under another account..... ):

rich hathaway
07-04-2011, 01:59 PM
it cant get much simpler,put your meid on your cricket acct.or open one if you need,then dial *228 or *22804 depending where your at,and thats about it.if that doesnt make sence to you then take your phone to a shop and have a qualified tech do it for you.

freekytech
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
thanks richy but i will be very grateful if you can just explaine briefly editing the min and mdn because it say default:000000{pesn4} and for example my network number is 8191287085.

rich hathaway
07-05-2011, 06:12 PM
use the ota. manually writing min,mdn and other fields is complicated and will be part of the full flash solution,that will not be freeware,but it will be a paid solution.

antman1
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
do you know when the full flash paid solution will be available? Also what steps will need to be taken to do it? I am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve me sending my phone out.

Dt32886
07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Im noticing the OTA is not working with the iPhone. I have the ESN on Cricket, and it refuses to OTA? I've done one before using the *228 and *22804 method and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

antman1
07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
lots of suggestions here: [Only registered and activated users can see links] I never got mine to work again with ota. some may be stuck as of now. let me know if you see any other way to get it working.

lynchmob
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
thank you very much, been looking for this all day

hustle simmons
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Can you simplify these instructions: for instance what does this mean "just make sure you are not on the 60z plan as ota will not work on it" also is the meid and ESN the same thing? and make it word/symbol for word/symbol??? I didnt get what you were saying here.last but not least this iphone worked on verizon for about a week the was cut by verizon can i still use it with your instructions??

rich hathaway
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Can you simplify these instructions: for instance what does this mean "just make sure you are not on the 60z plan as ota will not work on it" also is the meid and ESN the same thing? and make it word/symbol for word/symbol??? I didnt get what you were saying here.last but not least this iphone worked on verizon for about a week the was cut by verizon can i still use it with your instructions??

put it on the 35 or 45 dollar plan use the over the air programming,if it does not work,take your phone to qualified tech and have the required work done.doesnt matter if its been on verizon or not.

un1ocked
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
too bad! i have to stay away from this iphone... my local cdma carrier cannot do OTA PRL download

Johnblue94
07-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Thank you!

ebkbk
08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I got mine working talk and text with the diskaid/ifile method on 4.2.10. still trying to get data. Any news?

wthigon
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM
You said cloning? This guy is as good as banned.....?

dude1
08-10-2011, 11:28 PM
D#MNIT this is what i mean if it not allowed to be publicly posted PM me
I am not trolling, the world doesn't revolved around the U.S or there FCC
this is just the most active topic on using apps like CDMA workshop or anything on a ViPhone
if its not breaking my laws and im not asking for stuff to be publicly posted so not encouraging you to break your laws why should i get banned?

rich hathaway
08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
D#MNIT this is what i mean if it not allowed to be publicly posted PM me
I am not trolling, the world doesn't revolved around the U.S or there FCC
this is just the most active topic on using apps like CDMA workshop or anything on a ViPhone
if its not breaking my laws and im not asking for stuff to be publicly posted so not encouraging you to break your laws why should i get banned?

i am deleting your other post,and issued you a warning,(check yer pm) any further discussion on this subject will result in a ban.
doesnt matter where you are,this subject is forbidden by the fcc and there laws govern this country and her sites,not to mention it is against forum rules,so please read them and do not ask any of our members to break federal laws again.

Johnblue94
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
hi thank you

wthigon
08-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Did first iPhone today. Added ESN to account did *22806 and now iPhone on Cricket. Easiest 30 bucks ever....lol

ssovnosaj
08-12-2011, 04:32 AM
i agree but not sure with what

teejbruh
08-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you!

classik
08-21-2011, 09:17 PM
no incoming texts on cricket iphone... i understand the web and mms wont work im over that, juss no incoming but all outgoing works. Any solutions?

rich hathaway
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
there is a solution for the sms problem,with any luck at all,it will be corrected in the comming weeks.

jav_62
08-24-2011, 02:00 AM
What is the Authentication Key? please...

Or is there a solution to the sms problem yet?

rich hathaway
08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
there is a solution for the sms problem it should be implemented soon,and will be a free solution not needing anything done from the user.this will be automatically working on all cricket provisioned iphone 4's and 5's. for information a on akey look at the iphone wiki or just google it

KateDaring52
08-24-2011, 11:15 PM
You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

ronniek86
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
hi i need help plz if u can tell me how u flash the viphone 4 to metro pcs i would really appreciated. thanks

rich hathaway
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
there is a guide for this in the metro iphone section of the forum

djedlo
08-30-2011, 08:33 PM
thank you!

patricktrolan
09-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi,

just wondering is there any news regarding a solution to enable incoming texts for the iphone 4 flashed to cricket? After flashing my iphone 2 weeks ago, the frustration of not being able to receive texts dragged me into a Cricket shop today and after the guy told me it would NEVER be possible, he then informed me that by December the iphone will have a method in place to prevent the use of Cricket and similar networks on the iphone 4, is there any truth to this?

Thanks

Bjornsitte
09-04-2011, 08:29 AM
.....the frustration of not being able to receive texts dragged me into a Cricket shop today and after the guy told me it would NEVER be possible, he then informed me that by December the iphone will have a method in place to prevent the use of Cricket and similar networks on the iphone 4, is there any truth to this?

Thanks

And let me guess, he offered you an alternative phone for you to buy from him... Dude, you were SOLD!

rich hathaway
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
its already in place dude,why do you think it has been 7 months and thousands of techs to get it flashed.its called commcenter and sig checks,and its been on every iphone since they have been out.

kashiwazaki
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
It appears that someone has performed the appropriate "crack/patch" on CommCenter in order to bypass signature checks and get full iPhone 4 CDMA functionality on another CDMA network. Please use Google Chrome to visit the web page [Only registered and activated users can see links] (or whatever browser will do auto translation from Chinese for you). In particular, see the post "4.2.8 CDMA IPHONE firmware (baseband into including, without baseband)". These appear to be custom ROMs in which the CC patch is already done. Of course, the various network parameters will have to be adjusted for Cricket or MetroPCS, but I think that will take with the CC patch. Unfortunately, the original page is in Chinese, so it is difficult to tease out exactly what has been done, even with Google translation. But as near as I can tell, he's got it figured out. Please forgive me if this is already well known, I'm new to the forum. But I don't think anyone has taken his patch, or else we wouldn't still be discussing this... Good luck.

stevedoan
09-08-2011, 06:29 AM
They did it,and their iphone 4 can using evdo. But they keep secret because of bussiness.
you can check this page 189iphone4.com
Nationwide
Business Name

Service area

Contact

Explain
Apple Electronics

Southern District
Taobao shop: Apple Electronics
QQ: 782959000 1 Wholesale handmade iphone4, cdma 3g ipad2
(2) agents self-five yards, to modify the central office ESN
And Xing Digital

Northern District
Taobao shop: Xing Digital
Store: Yuan Wang Digital City, Shenzhen Huaqiang North 2991 Cabinet Contact: Mr. Zhang Tel: 13312972551
Tel: 13760138757
QQ: 78803703 1 Wholesale handmade iphone4, cdma 3g ipad2
(2) agents self-five yards, to modify the central office ESN

wolfdragon
09-11-2011, 04:00 PM
here's my question.... a phone is a phone is a phone. the network is still CDMA, right? so just like the HTC devices where the setup pre proxy on cricket involved a bypass...if there is a system inplace to the allowance of a proxy on the iphone can it not be worked around? ive been watching the progress faithfully to see if there is anything i could learn and understand b4 actually buying one to flash to cricket. funds kinda low right now ( ma kids starting school). i currently have an iphone 3gs and IP4 on t-mo and other than the restriction to 2g/edge speed web the phone is awesome minus AT&T. ^_^ it would be awesome to see an iphone on t-mo/cricket etc with 3g service, the slap in the face to big red & big blue might get the effers to do better and drop prices. I'm sorry but if t-mo and cricket (metro not so much...sorry) can offer full service for thier prices e.g. t-mo unlimited everything 2gb web for 79.99 why the hell does the same plan on AT&T and Verizon have to be up to $50 more?

kc7mte
09-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Hey I got my phone flashed by a Cricket person but still have no way of recieving text from anyone exept other Cricket Customers, can send to anyone but no recieve but from Cricket Customers. Any suggestion other than talking to the person who Flashed the phone? He don't have any answers for me. Phone isn't jailbroken, is this the problem and how can I fix it.? 4.2.1 is my op sytem version on my phone if that helps at all. Can't get any Untethered Jailbreak done. Please help.

samsungd415
09-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey I got my phone flashed by a Cricket person but still have no way of recieving text from anyone exept other Cricket Customers, can send to anyone but no recieve but from Cricket Customers. Any suggestion other than talking to the person who Flashed the phone? He don't have any answers for me. Phone isn't jailbroken, is this the problem and how can I fix it.? 4.2.1 is my op sytem version on my phone if that helps at all. Can't get any Untethered Jailbreak done. Please help.

Go get a can of diet coke (it must be diet coke)it have to be cold from your frig.
Get a straw and make sure the straw can fit into the head phone jack on the top of your phone so it wont get spill.
Now slowly pool the diet coke into the straw until you see it come out of the speaker/mic and the charging connector on the bottom and now hopefully your text will work.
If that still not working for you. Bring your phone to an apple store near you and explain to them the problem you have with your phone and the step you just did above and they will give you some straight answer.
If you read a couple of post in this thread then you should have known this.
Good luck and enjoy your phone.

patricktrolan
09-15-2011, 03:00 AM
"And let me guess, he offered you an alternative phone for you to buy from him... Dude, you were SOLD!"
Ummmmm, no, don't be so presumptuous! He didn't try sell me anything nor would I have bought had he!

"its already in place dude,why do you think it has been 7 months and thousands of techs to get it flashed.its called commcenter and sig checks,and its been on every iphone since they have been out."
OK, I apologize for my ignorance, I am pretty tech savvy in relation to computers but completely lost when it comes to the mechanics of cell phones.

"Go get a can of diet coke (it must be diet coke)it have to be cold from your frig.
Get a straw and make sure the straw can fit into the head phone jack on the top of your phone so it wont get spill.
Now slowly pool the diet coke into the straw until you see it come out of the speaker/mic and the charging connector on the bottom and now hopefully your text will work.
If that still not working for you. Bring your phone to an apple store near you and explain to them the problem you have with your phone and the step you just did above and they will give you some straight answer.
If you read a couple of post in this thread then you should have known this.
Good luck and enjoy your phone."
As for this last quote, absolutely no need to be such a dick! Fair enough, the guy didn't read the thread properly but no need to try and belittle him with your horrible attempt of sarcasm. As my granny would say, 'your as funny as a kick in the balls'!

rich hathaway
09-15-2011, 09:19 AM
[As for this last quote, absolutely no need to be such a dick! Fair enough, the guy didn't read the thread properly but no need to try and belittle him with your horrible attempt of sarcasm. As my granny would say, 'your as funny as a kick in the balls'! ]

agreed....this forum is about learning and helping peeps,not bashing and flaming,so in the future take what is posted here with a grain of salt,and know that the rest of us just prolly ar'nt as smart as you bra.

dude1
09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
It appears that someone has performed the appropriate "crack/patch" on CommCenter in order to bypass signature checks and get full iPhone 4 CDMA functionality on another CDMA network. Please use Google Chrome to visit the web page [Only registered and activated users can see links] (or whatever browser will do auto translation from Chinese for you). In particular, see the post "4.2.8 CDMA IPHONE firmware (baseband into including, without baseband)". These appear to be custom ROMs in which the CC patch is already done. Of course, the various network parameters will have to be adjusted for Cricket or MetroPCS, but I think that will take with the CC patch. Unfortunately, the original page is in Chinese, so it is difficult to tease out exactly what has been done, even with Google translation. But as near as I can tell, he's got it figured out. Please forgive me if this is already well known, I'm new to the forum. But I don't think anyone has taken his patch, or else we wouldn't still be discussing this... Good luck.
can anything actually come from this??
since this wont allow full read and write to a iphone via pc software i guess it has to be done through a modified firmware update?
if so does anyone have info on the apple updates like how to mod them or even the info inside that may be changeable

captainkirks
09-16-2011, 08:46 PM
This is the internet age, if anyone every figure it out they would have release it one way or another and taken great credit for it.

motley28
09-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Text is still trying to get fixed obviously. But i find it hard to believe you couldnt find a untethered JB to work. Its been awhile but i think redsn0w & sn0wbreeze both have untethered working for your OS

cellfonepimp
10-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Im in need of a little help, I have successfuly flashed 3 viphones over to Revol. Using the same methods Im trying to flash 2 more and they are still on VZW. I even tried the iFile methods for whatever reason they wont flash over to Revol. When I dial *#5005*4357# it still shows the VZW prl. Anyone else have this same problem? What is the fix?

One is a teathered 4.2.10 the other is unteth 4.2.6, both same problem.

rich hathaway
10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Im in need of a little help, I have successfuly flashed 3 viphones over to Revol. Using the same methods Im trying to flash 2 more and they are still on VZW. I even tried the iFile methods for whatever reason they wont flash over to Revol. When I dial *#5005*4357# it still shows the VZW prl. Anyone else have this same problem? What is the fix?

One is a teathered 4.2.10 the other is unteth 4.2.6, both same problem.

your problem is not unique,many have posted the same problem.i have not had that prob. so hav'nt had a "lab rat" to work on.but i would say there are a couple of obvious ways around this problem,first of all did u try ota,and be persistant,many of the iphones will need to roam to successful ota,so try and when it fails try again quickly and use *228xx not just *228 if that fails if you have the know how then simply make an ipsw with your prl = done,or patch the commcenter in your phone it will allow scriptable changes of your bundle,but really you should be able to get this done without patching the cc.
or send to someone that can do it for you.

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I thanked the OP, but I still can't see the original post.

phonephix
11-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Not to sound like a total idiot or anything (please dont flame me here), I am a hardware tech familuar with Qualcomm chipsets (CDMA and GSM alike) and all. The iPhone, as far as I can tell, is simply a variant of a SBC (single board computer) running a highly customized form of linux (BSD from what I can tell, yet again). They have all but blocked most ports of entry into the OS to be able to exploit. I have an VIPhone 32gb here (bad esn) that I am using as a guinea pig. I have been able to shell into the unit using a psuedo port however no dice on finding the vital files to be able to redirect or overwrite. Maybe a DNS edit (so when the unit times out every 24 hours, it finds a redirected server like Cydia) to refresh the "correct" parameters? Im just thinking outside the box here... Any ideas? I also have several CDMA ***** phones (droid 2, Samsung Transform, and a couple of others) that we can pull info and test things with (ironically the Droid has the same radio chipset!)... Maybe it could be a lead...

phonephix
11-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Okay, my two cents worth, there are many people on here trying really hard for a common goal (whom I thank immensely, without a team effort this would be a lot harder, and due credit given!), and a few who cannot either follow the rules or take shots at others. I read all the threads to this date, and even threw in something maybe already know, maybe not. Again, thank you to those who are doing this, and those not even mentioned here that have contributed. I will also see what I can contribute myself.:joyous:

alasdair529
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
BREAKING NEW!!!!!!!

IPHONE 4 IS NOW FULLY FLASHED TO WORK ON CRICKET. IT IS WORKING BUT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. RICH HATHWAY HAS FINALLY BROKEN THE CODE FOR PROOF

H ([Only registered and activated users can see links])E WILL RELEASE IT WHEN IT IS STABLE.

baalho
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
keep it up man, and thank for this

tomudachi
02-04-2012, 12:46 AM
HELP HELP I have a iphone 4 cdma on 5.0.1 it is flashed to cricKet but i cant get text but i can send it out.

alsyzs6
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Hello, did anyone find the resolution to the cdma verizon iphone 4 OS 4.2.6 flashing to Cricket pay-go? I have jailbroken and use the ifunbox to copy the prl file but seems like its not sticking, is that even the correct process or was it just an "Speculation"?

rich hathaway
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
works 100% for viphone on 4.2.6 paygo or monthly

htcevo4981
02-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Thank you for this great tutorial

psquali4
02-13-2012, 03:16 AM
[QUOTE=rich hathaway;23504]THIS WILL GET YOU TALK AND TEXT FOR CRICKET ON THE CDMA IPHONE 4,
*** hidden content ***[/QUOT
THANKS!

alsyzs6
02-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Alright so i have a verizon cdma iphone 4 with OS 4.2.6 and i jailbreaked it and then got a ssh client on my pc and installed openssh on iphone from cydia...and just renamed the cricket prl (which was downloaded from cdmagurus)to the 310VZW.prl and in the Zeppelin_bundled directory and just copied it there with over writing it and it still shows the same verizon prl after I reboot the iphone. I am trying to get it to work on cricket paygo. can someone help please?

rich hathaway
02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
you must set the prl push flag (boolean) to true then reboot,then set it to false and reboot again after you overwrite it.but the fastest way is to just use the ota programming.

boaa
02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
After Patch the Commcenter

need to unlock the OQCFactoryMultimode.bundle because its multimode blunde tested in iphone 4 cdma in iusacell mexico network IOS 5.0 full data flash voise text data 3g

scoutbuck
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi

How can I unlock the OQCFactoryMultimode.bundle ? I try with cyberduck, so I marked all the privileges and nothing happens.

Thanks for your help

zeta21
02-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Hey Rich I need web and mms for metropcs on an iphone with ios 5. When would your solution be released for purchase?

rafaelc
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM

need to unlock the OQCFactoryMultimode.bundle because its multimode blunde tested in iphone 4 cdma in iusacell mexico network IOS 5.0 full data flash voise text data 3g

Hello

and how can you unlock the OQCFactoryMultimode.bundle?

alsyzs6
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
So I am working on a verizon iphone 4 with 4.2.6 in the Chicago area, and trying to flash it to cricket and the prl will not stick it is showing the same prl version it does not change when I copy over the new prl file. Anyone have any ideas?

Rich, I even changed the flag to true to back to false and no luck there either. If someone can help that would be great.

rich hathaway
02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
follow my guide,it works.if its not working read it again ,slowly cuz yer deviating from it somewhere.btw chicago is a aws market,so yer phone is gonna roam.

youtashiro
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Hi! Could you share a video proof of your CDMA Iphone 4 working with Iusacell's 3G ? Would like to see the dl speeds you're getting. I tried to unlock OQCFactoryMultimode.bundle too to no avail. Will get this thing working somehow!!

Rich, please... little more help wont hurt anybody :P Thoug would love to invite you a drink!

Regards.

parin
02-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks for tutorial

3.N1GM4
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Just wanted to double check and make sure i am not missing something. I have a friend who just got an iPhone 4 from verizon, used...Someone gave it to him, since they updated and got a new phone. I helped them with the jailbreak, and cydia install, which all seems to have went through successfully. Changed his SID to his carriers as well, but here is where i get confused. If he adds his ESN to his carrier, and dials the *228 to OTA the activation, are there any further steps for text and talk? I didn't know if they would have to get some kind of carrier software flashed to the phone for text and talk, or if the OTA will take care of this.

I was looking online, and couldn't find the manually programming, and his carrier does support the OTA, so this should input the correct MSID/MIN and MDN also i am thinking. Any help would be appreciated. Ive done this stuff for others with androids, but this is a first on an apple platform.

Thanks in advance

rich hathaway
03-02-2012, 10:07 AM
just ota that phone for t-t.if your phone wont connect to your carrier when you ota,then write your prl manually then try ota.

3.N1GM4
03-04-2012, 08:26 AM
just ota that phone for t-t.if your phone wont connect to your carrier when you ota,then write your prl manually then try ota.

OK, seems simple enough..One last question, will this method still work on iOS5? i am running 4.2.6 right now, and didn't want to update to iOS5 if it wasn't going to work. If it will take the update, and still work with the same directions as above (that work wonderfully i might add), then i am going to do the update and go from there.

dcr6rider
03-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if a flashed iPhone 4 works on cricket in the Washington, DC Metro Area? Or what other carrier it might work on?

3.N1GM4
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Just wondering...I have the phone working now, talk and text is just fie...I want to update to the 5.0.1 or the newest build that just came out yesterday. How risky is this to do? I know when i plug my iPhone into iTunes, it tells me there is an update available. Just wondering if this update is going to mess with the PRL i have written into the phone, if its going to try and reactivate on verizon etc.. I am jailbroken using greenp0ison, and also using disk aid method for the prl.

rich hathaway
03-08-2012, 05:51 PM
you can always rewrite the prl on 5.0.1 but really why would you want to update,i mean what do you think you are gonna gain except all the apps not working that havnt been updated to work on the 5xx platform?

take some good advice..if it aint broke...dont try to fix it..

Wrecked Johnson
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
UPDATE! Dial *22807 and so long as the phone is activated on a cricket account it works. OH BOB SAGET!

Wrecked Johnson
03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
to add to my previous post this only works on verizon iphone.

kylepatrick
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I have Cricket (formerly Verizon) iPhone 4 5.0.1

On the *22807, does that give you data?

I have Text/Voice working, but when I try *22807 It just hangs up immediately.

And of course I've tried everything I've read in these forums, Tetherme, 5.0.1 comm center patch, standing on my head with tin foil on my feet etc.

Thanks,
Kyle.

dshportko
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
hi, I have an viphone with bad esn running iOS 4.2.8 with two/three bar of signal. What is the first step in flashing it to cricket pay go service? if i write the prl manually, which one do I use? I would prefer to have data, but text/talk is fine as well. help me please.

Password
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I have Cricket (formerly Verizon) iPhone 4 5.0.1

On the *22807, does that give you data?

I have Text/Voice working, but when I try *22807 It just hangs up immediately.

And of course I've tried everything I've read in these forums, Tetherme, 5.0.1 comm center patch, standing on my head with tin foil on my feet etc.

Thanks,
Kyle.Do some researching, here on gurus there are many good threads on flashing the iphone. But for data you'll need to wait longer until it is released. Dialing an OTASP number will not magically give you data on any flashed phone.

hi, I have an viphone with bad esn running iOS 4.2.8 with two/three bar of signal. What is the first step in flashing it to cricket pay go service? if i write the prl manually, which one do I use? I would prefer to have data, but text/talk is fine as well. help me please.ESN state doesn't matter cricket doesn't care. As for PRL's you may need to experiment and see what works in your area. If you have a paygo phone already then you'll know what PRL you need for your cricket market.

rabeet
05-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh wow!! Good job man!

yuqa1976
05-18-2012, 06:04 AM
I want the iphone4 ESN programming

yuqa1976
05-18-2012, 06:13 AM
:sentimental::sentimental:I want the iphone4 ESN programming

Ruben Ripalda
06-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Thank You Very Much

tezepremillz
06-11-2012, 06:18 PM
my iphone is on 5.1.1 baseband 3.0.04 can i flash it another company without dfs?

siav5489
06-17-2012, 09:21 PM
hey im reading your post and i have the same problem my iphone 4 has never been activated at all it is verizon i have the not activated issue and cant seem to fix it did you find a fix for this?

alainx
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
I want the iphone esn programing too please

rich hathaway
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
hey im reading your post and i have the same problem my iphone 4 has never been activated at all it is verizon i have the not activated issue and cant seem to fix it did you find a fix for this?
put it on the carrier of your choice,flash it with iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) then simply ota

youtashiro
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I am very sad that I cant pay $75 for a full flash right now, so, is there a way to get sprint iphone 4 iOS 6.0.1 flashed for free? Only need talk and text .... Thanks!

jrtran
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I am very sad that I cant pay $75 for a full flash right now, so, is there a way to get sprint iphone 4 iOS 6.0.1 flashed for free? Only need talk and text .... Thanks!

Talk and text is easy. Just do more googling, u will find it.

Louis Spilker
11-25-2012, 05:50 AM
Hey everyone, first post on here. I have a Verizon i4 0n ios6. I read through a ton of threads and can't get my straight answer on how to get this phone ready for cricket. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

rich hathaway
11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
well that depends on what you are trying to do.full flash will require the use of a pst (product service tool) basic flash you can do yourself,but is a bit of work on 6xx. there is a guide for the full flash at iPhone/iPad CDMA Tool (iOS4.x-iOS6.x) ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) there ia a guide in this forum for basic flash.