PDA

View Full Version : FULL Blackberry on Cricket (working apps)

leadnerd
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Yes I have figured out how to get Black Berry Fully working on Cricket without the blackberry plan. I asked and they said no problem doing it that way if it works ;)

ArkieKDealer
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I'll play. Send me details and I'll verify tomorrow at my shop.

ownmart
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
you should include some names of the working apps that you've tested

leadnerd
09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Google Maps, Pandora, Blackberry App world, Blackstar, These are so far what I have tested on a pearl, Navigation works on the storm, trying curve 2 here in a min.

leadnerd
09-09-2010, 12:21 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Could some one move this to solutions.

thesmitty68521
09-09-2010, 01:16 AM
So are you saying that we need the Cricket Service books? Or will the service books from Insanecain and Tony work?

leadnerd
09-09-2010, 01:20 AM
well I am still using sprint service books on this sprint curve and listening to Pandora on it. Tony and Caines still work as well. The only thing you deffinately need to do is get on the droid plan.

***** More updates, myspace and facebook apps are working. I am trying them as fast as I can sorry it is taking so long. Sprint Navigation works. And I don't know if an IOTA is needed on the sprint curve as pic messaging is working on here but NOT on my ^%n pearl!!!!!!

You tube works on pearl and storm but not the curve yet. Maybe I need to do a wipe first.

These are non-cracked apps BTW. App Manager is a nice tool. Doesn't work on the curve yet but that I am thinking because it is a newer version? Will be testing today though.

ArkieKDealer
09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm going to try it on a Curve now.

ArkieKDealer
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Youtube works.

leadnerd
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
sweetness. Yeah I was able to use the bloat from sprint except the tv app didn't work. Also I updated the myspace and it broke :( but it is working now that i did a wipe on it.

ArkieKDealer
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Pandora gets a "Could not connect to Pandora: Bad DNS address" error. Has whatever books came in it. I'll try some others.

leadnerd
09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
is it a sprint curve? you are on the android plan for cricket?

I do *cough* have cricket books backed up......

ArkieKDealer
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Didn't get Pandora but I've been able to successfully install several. Good catch on this one. I was wondering what that plan would do to a BB. I was just too lazy to test it!

ArkieKDealer
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
is it a sprint curve? you are on the android plan for cricket?

No it's a refurbed 8330 with whatever books the refurb company put in them. I switched to another set and still no go.

leadnerd
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
yeah I tried a while back of trying everything I could on the evoke HTML plan for flashed BB's and the droid back a few months ago and nothing so I didn't think about it when they switched things last month. then dex said no proxy was working for his palm and since I couldn't get pix working on this one pearl I thought I would give it a try. Still no pix on this ONE pearl but hell I am getting everything else working

I really hate how long it takes the 8530 to boot. My grand kids have had grandkids and I didn't have grand kids when I started.....

Quasi
09-15-2010, 05:34 AM
hey dude this seems really awesome, id like to try it out but i my self and no body i know has cid access. do you think you or any one that reads this could help me out ?. thanks in advance

lj27416
09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
slacker radio should work. pandora works whenever it wants too.

braindeadhacker
09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey,I just flashed a sprint 8330 to cricket including the svc books.Any way I can manipulate this thing to recieve the apps that you've been talking about?Thanks a bunch bro.

bawanyh
09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Does the Blackberry Messenger works?

Dex
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Does the Blackberry Messenger works?
Blackberry messenger will not work it require BIS which isnt possible on a flashed fone

Quasi
09-23-2010, 02:56 PM
:( so iv called cricket a few times to try to get them to set it up for me but they keep telling me they option is not available. can any one help ?

bigglou23
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
They need to set the phone model to m6000 before they will get the $55 android plan option.

mroung
09-25-2010, 12:15 AM
i cant get my mms to work can i get some help

thesmitty68521
09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
i cant get my mms to work can i get some help

This is tread hijacking. This thread doesn't have anything to do with MMS on a Blackberry. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

I notice you started your own thread. Thanks! And Welcome to Gurus!

Wrecked Johnson
09-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Going to try it today, wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quasi
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
this bricked my phone :(

whitey10tc
10-02-2010, 02:22 PM
How did listing the phone as a zio brick it?

Sent from my cricket flashed HERO200 using Tapatalk

Quasi
10-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Um im not really sure how to explain it but noting works now. i think it needs to be re flashed. they wouldn't add it as any type of phone but flashed phone, or user equipped and they changed my plane from a 45 dollar plan to a 50. they told me i couldn't put the 55, they didnt get the option. the *228 wouldnt work. so i asked them to undo every thing and they changed my plan to a 41 dollar plan, and *228 still wont work. :( help any body

whitey10tc
10-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Then your phones not bricked! You just need to get ahold of a better dealer that knows what to do.

Quasi
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
umm it kinda is bricked for the moment tho. i live out in the country so i wont be able to get to a dealer for a week. im going to take it to some one i found on craigs list next week. They say they can fully flash the blackberrys with working gps and all

eric-younis
10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
hello everyone, i have a blackberry tour from sprint and it was fully flashed to cricket but i mistakely deleted the cricket browser icon and then when i finally did an update to get it back on there, my internet is giving this message "unable to connect to the internet please try again later if the problem presists please conatct your service provider" i dont know why its doing this and i did the full flashing again hopeing it would help but nothing at all :( ...please need help

Pac3comm1
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
You need to reload the service books. This is considered thread hi-jacking, for an issue like this, please start your own thread in the proper section. THanks

katscratch
11-08-2010, 01:52 AM
I did this a few days ago and got youtube videos to play and i have slacker working on a 8130 Pearl with service books from a Cricket 8530. But Facebook, google maps, appworld, etc not working. anyideas, thanks in advance for help.
also i have mms, web, etc working.

system03
11-10-2010, 02:59 AM
I did this a few days ago and got youtube videos to play and i have slacker working on a 8130 Pearl with service books from a Cricket 8530. But Facebook, google maps, appworld, etc not working. anyideas, thanks in advance for help.
also i have mms, web, etc working.

what plan are you on??
Thanks

whitey10tc
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
what plan are you on??
Thanks
It has been mentioned previously. Read the thread and pay close attention to the first 10 posts.

Sent from my cricKet flashed Hero using Tapatalk

katscratch
11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I called cricket and found that i was on the 55 dollar all in one plan and not the android plan! make sure if you call to tell them you want to talk a smartphone rep. i love the price, but the customer service is less than perfect. happy to say that now im on the right plan (android plan) and pretty much everything works!!

Quasi
12-01-2010, 08:30 AM
:( so my car had issues and i haven't been able to make it out of town... my phones still noting working :(( any help ??. if i try to get another rep to switch the plan to the right plan will it work ? or dose my phone have to be re flashed ?

rich hathaway
12-01-2010, 10:00 AM
if it is a berry it needs the correct service books for the browser and mms to work,or it will not matter what plan your on it will not work.

whitey10tc
12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
hey dude this seems really awesome, id like to try it out but i my self and no body i know has cid access. do you think you or any one that reads this could help me out ?. thanks in advance

:( so iv called cricket a few times to try to get them to set it up for me but they keep telling me they option is not available. can any one help ?

They need to set the phone model to m6000 before they will get the $55 android plan option.

How did listing the phone as a zio brick it?

Um im not really sure how to explain it but noting works now. i think it needs to be re flashed. they wouldn't add it as any type of phone but flashed phone, or user equipped and they changed my plane from a 45 dollar plan to a 50. they told me i couldn't put the 55, they didnt get the option. the *228 wouldnt work. so i asked them to undo every thing and they changed my plan to a 41 dollar plan, and *228 still wont work. :( help any body

Then your phones not bricked! You just need to get ahold of a better dealer that knows what to do.

umm it kinda is bricked for the moment tho. i live out in the country so i wont be able to get to a dealer for a week. im going to take it to some one i found on craigs list next week. They say they can fully flash the blackberrys with working gps and all

:( so my car had issues and i haven't been able to make it out of town... my phones still noting working :(( any help ??. if i try to get another rep to switch the plan to the right plan will it work ? or dose my phone have to be re flashed ?

This is a quote of my response on ho-fo

Now when you say not at all? You mean no talk/text/web/mms? If that's the case, does it at least connect to cricket? What area are you in? What exactly did you do? Changing plans usually doesn't have any affect on the operation of the phone. Is the ESN correct on the account? Are all the NAM setting correct? It appears your the only one who has any issues like this that has used that solution. The key to it when trying to list your device as the Zio and adding the Android plan is, do it through a dealer. Customer service is only following their company rules when they say they can't. Now on another note as previously mentioned get ahold of a dealer "not cricket CS" and see if they can change the plan, but if your not getting talk/text there's something else wrong.

Quasi
12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I figured it out. it seems the guy input my esn wrong. i had them update it and its all working again thanks any way for trying to help. much appreciated

whitey10tc
12-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I figured it out. it seems the guy input my esn wrong. i had them update it and its all working again thanks any way for trying to help. much appreciated
Glad to hear you got it going. It's sometimes the little simple things that get screwed up and really be pain. I have an average of at least 5 customers a month that think the flash went bad that someone else did, when it's just a simple thing like the ESN, MIN, or SID that need to be corrected.

Franco Martinez
12-28-2010, 01:24 AM
where are the service books at? i have the storm

Franco Martinez
12-28-2010, 01:30 AM
where do i download this from .. HELP ME GUYS PLS

whitey10tc
12-28-2010, 02:20 AM
where are the service books at? i have the storm

where do i download this from .. HELP ME GUYS PLSHijacking a thread that has nothing to do with SB's won't get much response, if you look in the very same forum "not thread" you posted this in there is a stickied thread dedicated to the cricket SB's.
So in the future please review the forum rules, and forum essentials forum and no more hijacking.

antwill007
01-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Is there a specific tutorial for fully flashing the verizon bb curve 8530. I looked around the forum but can't find it. I saw similar. Can you send me the info on how you flashed your bb. I'm new. This is my 1st post.

leadnerd
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
the only differences I have seen between the blackberry's is how to enable legacy book support. for the most part it is a variaton of alt s alt b alt e alt b

Cedric Tsui
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone,
Great! I was hoping to figure this out. Can someone who has tried this tell me how you went about switching your blackberry to the $55 android plan? Do you just call customer service and tell them honestly what you're up to? Or do you need to find someone with access to the CID? (Cricket information database?)

I want to try this. I have a flashed blackberry storm that came with 4 service books. No apps work except for google sync. I've replaced the service books, but they disappear after a battery pull, though I haven't tried insanecain's servicebooks yet. But that shouldn't be a problem.

Here is my main hangup. I signed up with cricket when their basic plan was on sale at $25/month. It is now $35/month. So I want to try this, but if it doesn't work, I'll be paying $10/month for absolutely nothing.

rich hathaway
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
the 35dollar plan will not get you working apps, you will need a plan with data(45 or greater) i can do it for you my number is on the top of the page ( kc phone and flash) or there are some others here that can do it for you. custy service will put you on a cpe (customer provided equip.) plan and you will not get what you are looking for. this solution works but if you have been changing the service books a bunch you should write the cortez or the stock sb back to the phone and start from there.

Cedric Tsui
01-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you for changing my plan Rich!

Cedric Tsui
01-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Hmmm. Ok. Now that I've had the time to test out my phone carefully. Only half of the applications work. Dropbox, Google Maps and Gmail are among the ones that don't work. They all downloaded OTA just fine, but then complain that they don't have data.
I deleted them, pulled the battery, installed them again, set all permissions to allow, pulled again, without any change in the result.

I'm using the service books that came with my phone. I bought it online already flashed. They are the insaincain to0InSaNE (newcricketedit) books. I looked at the other books posted in the sticky'd service collection thread on this forum using Magic Berry, they all seem to be identical.

Rich. You suggested I start with the cortez or stock service books instead? I did a google search for 'tony cortez blackberry cricket service books' and variations therein and haven't turned up anything. Any suggestions what to do next?

(Oh. Also. this forum is AWESOME!)

rich hathaway
01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
tony's books are not freeware that is why you cant find them. download google from google,and dont use the sprint or verizon apps,as they at some point will require a sprint or verizon password.dl'ing them from google will get you generic apps not assc. with a specific carrier. also we can change yer plan to the 55dollar plan and see what that does for you,at the very least you will have speed that you dont have now.

tsaharms
01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I keep seeing people say to switch to the android plan for a berry. Could someone explain how android data works on aberry? Just seems counter intuitive.

I usuallg set it up in CID as "cpe blackberry" and put it on the blackberry plan, which is the same price as the android plan now.
I have never had a problem with this method. Also, I am using the official cricket service books.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

rich hathaway
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
the android plan (which works for any smartphone) it is a different,much faster server,that will allow the user enough speed to stream video,also for allow access to the android market, the blackberry plan is just the plain old super slow"junkie"cricket server that doesnt have enough speed to get out of its own way...lol..

ownmart
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
I say close this thread and open a new one, these new people are getting out of hand on this.I believe the original intent of this thread was just to say "Android Plan + blackberrry =apps" that's it. Not trying to be rude or anything

Cedric Tsui
01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Aha! I'm an idiot!
It didn't work at all. The only google aps I have that are working are the ones that load up through the default browser. I wonder what went wrong...
I did download google from google. It didn't make a difference.

@ownmart. I'm sorry. Are we getting you down by asking questions? There's just no where else to go really...

Caity-too
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi! I just found this website and am a new user :) I cant believe I never knew this place existed before today! I flashed a Blackberry curve 8330 to Cricket and they told me I cant upgrade my plan :( so i cant use any apps, no youtube, pandora or anything cool! I would like to get the android plan, but I don't know anyone with CID access either. So is this impossible or can anyone pretty please help me out?
Thankyou :)

Caity-too
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Thought I posted the first one right!

whitey10tc
05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi! I just found this website and am a new user :) I cant believe I never knew this place existed before today! I flashed a Blackberry curve 8330 to Cricket and they told me I cant upgrade my plan :( so i cant use any apps, no youtube, pandora or anything cool! I would like to get the android plan, but I don't know anyone with CID access either. So is this impossible or can anyone pretty please help me out?
Thankyou :)

Thought I posted the first one right!You will need to find a dealer that is willing to change the plan and model on the account. All just an fyi you will need to pay upfront any pro-ration that is incurred, cricket no longer adds that to the account.

rich hathaway
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
i can do it for you. pm me for details if you still need

Cedric Tsui
12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Do any of you experts know what apps work on the $55 plan that don't work on the $45 plan?
Rich Hathaway posted somewhere that the smartphone plan just connects you to a faster server.

I'm on a $45 plan, and have Google Maps, WeatherEye, beejive and the google mobile apps working, but they all need the Aerize WiFix program feeding them data.
This doesn't work for anything requiring an [Only registered and activated users can see links] connection, so I haven't been able to applications like dropbox.

ignandis
03-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Do you have instruction how to flash this? I currently have a flashed BB Storm to Cricket and I already have the Android $55 on my plan but I still cannot run any application. BB App World and Yahoo Messenger not working. On Yahoo IM I got a message: "Data is unavailable". Appreciate any help beforehand.

Thx

TGVAsh
05-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Hello I am kinda new to this forums but i have some questions. Yesterday I paid 50 bucks for Cricket to full flash my Blackberry Curve 9330, the phone is from alltel. It worked fine and everything and they said that the only thing i cant use is the blackberry app station or whatever its called. So I got home and text messages send fine and i can make calls no problem, but i cant send MMS it just shows a red clock thing and it never changes and its the next day and i cant receive pictures or any media. Another Problem is that when i try to sign onto any messenger it just says connecting and will never change, also when i connect to the data plan with the browser it says i can only use wifi i need some Wap thing. Can someone please help me, I am not going to pay 50 bucks a month for data when i cant even use it for anything.

whitey10tc
05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Hello I am kinda new to this forums but i have some questions. Yesterday I paid 50 bucks for Cricket to full flash my Blackberry Curve 9330, the phone is from alltel. It worked fine and everything and they said that the only thing i cant use is the blackberry app station or whatever its called. So I got home and text messages send fine and i can make calls no problem, but i cant send MMS it just shows a red clock thing and it never changes and its the next day and i cant receive pictures or any media. Another Problem is that when i try to sign onto any messenger it just says connecting and will never change, also when i connect to the data plan with the browser it says i can only use wifi i need some Wap thing. Can someone please help me, I am not going to pay 50 bucks a month for data when i cant even use it for anything.Sounds like you need the cricket service books loaded. Of course my suggestion would be take it back to who flashed it and have them fix it. Could also be an issue with the account?

TGVAsh
05-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Sounds like you need the cricket service books loaded. Of course my suggestion would be take it back to who flashed it and have them fix it. Could also be an issue with the account?

I really don't think its the account, and that's what i was thinking was the service book. Is there a way to download the service book or can Cricket only get it?

whitey10tc
05-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Yup there are a few located here in the forum [Only registered and activated users can see links] and instructions on howto install them here also [Only registered and activated users can see links]

TGVAsh
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Yup there are a few located here in the forum [Only registered and activated users can see links] and instructions on howto install them here also [Only registered and activated users can see links]

ok i see but i clicked thank you on everything and i still cant see the links :/

whitey10tc
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
ok i see but i clicked thank you on everything and i still cant see the links :/Not sure why that's happening but here try this for the service books.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]