PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Moment...How to flash it to Cricket

thephoneguy913
02-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Hey guys...does anybody know how to flash the Sprint Samsung Moment (android) to Cricket?...I know that I have to get "ConectBot" from Android market to get the Spc but I dont Know how to use it...so any help will be much appreciated....

thephoneguy913
02-16-2010, 02:41 AM
I got it...using connectbot from the market. Run connectbot, choose to connect to "local" type "getprop" and hit enter. You can scroll up and down by dragging along the right side of the screen until you find the line that says "[ril.MSL]: [xxxxxx]" and that's your MSL.
This is from "JOEHAMMER" in "Android Forums"...It works for me...then ##Diag#...put you MSL then connect with CDMA Workshop ->Change MSL/SPC to "000000" ->Download EVDO Prl -> Change settings under EVDO Tab -> Write and close CDMA Workshop -> Exit DIAG Mode -> Get WI-FI -> Go to Market -> Get Any Cut -> Hit New Shortcut -> Activity -> All the way down to PROXY Settings -> Give a Name -> Go to Your main Screen (your new shortcut should be there) -> Open it and set up the Hostname: wap.mycricket.com -> Port :8080 -> Save and Enjoy your Samsung Moment with talk,text and Cricket wap.... :)

cricketmodder
02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
very close however ##diag# only works on htc devices you need to go into ##debug# and turn on dial-up networking then you can connect to cdma workshop also , drivers are located here
[Only registered and activated users can see links] d=1

thephoneguy913
02-17-2010, 02:00 AM
yeap...i tried your solution and it works...I had the drivers already...and i was fighting with the ##diag# command..LOL...I got it set it up with cricket wap now...Thank you.

thephoneguy913
02-17-2010, 03:48 AM
By the way...does anybody know how to hard reset this phone?....I got one on Ebay with bad esn and of course is locked and asking for the email and password for the previous owner.....any help will be appreciated....

cricketmodder
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Files to download

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ODIN Downloader/Modified Moment.ops file
[Only registered and activated users can see links] SPH-M900_CJ05_REL(2).tar

Open Odin
Boot phone in download mode (volume down and camera)
Click the box for "one package"
Click OPS - select this OPS file
Click One Package - select the .tar referenced above
Click start.

ownmart
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Hey guys...does anybody know how to flash the Sprint Samsung Moment (android) to Cricket?...I know that I have to get "ConectBot" from Android market to get the Spc but I dont Know how to use it...so any help will be much appreciated....

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

theres connectbot

thephoneguy913
02-19-2010, 01:52 AM
OMG....finally I figured out how to join the forum again...lol....By the way...after 3 long nights working on the Samsung Moment...the SOB phone is still stuck...I took it to the sprint store...and they couldnt flash the ROM either...I had it in the point that was showing the main screen (I should leave it alone at that point but I didnt) and i cant get the ROM to work...I actually tried with the ORION Rom too but no luck either....any other sugestion?

thephoneguy913
02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
OH I forgot to mention....ODIN stop and say "Check Download Environment "

pctech101
02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
to retrieve SPC from a PC, you need the SDK installed, then from a ADB shell type
getprop
Look for the MSL...

pctech101
02-20-2010, 02:20 PM
that was plain as day to see, like the first few lines in my post state: to retrieve SPC from a PC

the other methods listed here were for using the Moment to retrieve the SPC. I was just letting people know there is ANOTHER option...

antivirus1
03-03-2010, 12:57 AM
how do i use connectbot.. do i put it on the sd card and open on device

antivirus1
03-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Never mind about connectbot.. Got everything working.. I would like to add.. If you are using cdma 2.7.0 to change spc code you will have to use this 16 digits code

bawanyh
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
When I flashed the moment I did it from the phone through wifi to get the connectbot is there a way we can do it without going online via wifi? Because wifi is not available everywhere

bawanyh
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Does any1 know how to hard reset Samsung Moment using combination of keys?

Thanks

VicFreeze
03-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Does any1 know how to hard reset Samsung Moment using combination of keys?

Thanks

Are you trying to hard reset outside of the OS environment (user locked and cannot get into OS)? If so, the only way is to write the OS back to the phone with ODIN. Inside the environment, you can ##RTN# (need SPC/MSL) it or do a "Factory data reset" inside the SD card & phone storage menu.

bawanyh
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Are you trying to hard reset outside of the OS environment (user locked and cannot get into OS)? If so, the only way is to write the OS back to the phone with ODIN. Inside the environment, you can ##RTN# (need SPC/MSL) it or do a "Factory data reset" inside the SD card & phone storage menu.

I am trying to do a hard reset outside of the OS environment customer has forgot his pattern so I guess I have to write the OS back to the phone. Does any1 has a guide how to write the software back on the phone with ODIN?

Thanks

bawanyh
03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
You could download connect bot from the link above and save it to your android tools folder and use adb to install it that way.

Or you can connect wifi from phone go to market, look for connectbot download it then type getprop and look for ril.MSL and then ##diag# mode and reg flash it. It is mention in the 2nd post on this thread. Thanks to thephoneguy913. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Thanks

meanngreen04
03-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Special Thanks for this info to tekoneiric from Android Forums.

I noticed on my Moment I just had it didn't allow you to select dun in diag or debug menus. Work around is as follows. Connect to wifi, go to market, download DG Directcut.

Drivers for the DUN/USB modem functions built into the Samsung Moment. I managed to find a way to get to them. When I set it to act as a USB modem rather than PDA Windows XP sees the device and needs Samsung CDMA drivers.

To access the functions install DG QuickCut then go into it. Click on Create a Desktop Shortcut, select Activity then select DUN, do it a second time and select PhoneUtil. After you have the shortcuts you can open PhoneUtil and set it to USB modem, at that point when plugged into a windows PC it'll start looking for the drivers. I can only assume with the proper drivers you can access the built in DUN capability.

BTW DG QuickCut can add Terminal Emulation to Dropcuts but not a desktop shortcut. Unfortunately it doesn't have root permissions.

Then just go to the phone util, usb modem, and select modem. Automatically places it in diag.

one thing you can do to put it in diag mode, power off the phone, press talk,center,end and when the progress bar flashes green you are in test mode, the scroll down to UART and USB and change the settings from PDA to phone, that will place it into DIAG mode so you can connect it to workshop

thephoneguy913
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
or just go to settings...Wireless controls...scroll all the way down to Dial Up Networking and check that box...that gonna put your phone in diagnostic mode...

jrtran
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
this is a good solution to flah the moment. thanks!

yoboyd06
04-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I think on the Samsung moment you have to remove the battery for a couple of seconds than put it back in pres and hold vol down, call button, end button all together make sure the end button is the last button to pressed, than just wait for the bar to load and you will be in the Android system recovery utility. than I believe you press the end button to do a factory reset. be careful not to do it with a low battery and don't remove the battery while it resets, Im not responsible if you brick your phone! Ive done this several times and it works great if you have forgotten your pattern
Hope that helps.

ownmart
04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I think on the Samsung moment you have to remove the battery for a couple of seconds than put it back in pres and hold vol down, call button, end button all together make sure the end button is the last button to pressed, than just wait for the bar to load and you will be in the Android system recovery utility. than I believe you press the end button to do a factory reset. be careful not to do it with a low battery and don't remove the battery while it resets, Im not responsible if you brick your phone! Ive done this several times and it works great if you have forgotten your pattern
Hope that helps.
Does any one have instructions on how to flash the moment to metropcs?

please post in the right forum, this would be hijacking. post in the metropcs section please

antivirus1
04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I got it...using connectbot from the market. Run connectbot, choose to connect to "local" type "getprop" and hit enter. You can scroll up and down by dragging along the right side of the screen until you find the line that says "[ril.MSL]: [xxxxxx]" and that's your MSL.
This is from "JOEHAMMER" in "Android Forums"...It works for me...then ##Diag#...put you MSL then connect with CDMA Workshop ->Change MSL/SPC to "000000" ->Download EVDO Prl -> Change settings under EVDO Tab -> Write and close CDMA Workshop -> Exit DIAG Mode -> Get WI-FI -> Go to Market -> Get Any Cut -> Hit New Shortcut -> Activity -> All the way down to PROXY Settings -> Give a Name -> Go to Your main Screen (your new shortcut should be there) -> Open it and set up the Hostname: wap.mycricket.com -> Port :8080 -> Save and Enjoy your Samsung Moment with talk,text and Cricket wap.... :)

Got the Hero working.. all you need for the hero is the drivers and then hit ##3424# when connect and used cdma to read and change spc code and write prl with qpst..

ThEriE82
04-30-2010, 08:50 PM
i am new to the site but not new to flashing samsung phones to cricket. i have the moment and i have call and text but not data just wondered if setting up the unit with ##data#, then do the basic setup thats done on the instinct? any help would be great thnx

ThEriE82
04-30-2010, 08:58 PM
whats up world any how i have my moment on cricket with talk and txt but not data i have tried everything here and i still cant get it to work? thnx i have flashed samsung phones before and i just wondered if i set the data setting the same as, lets say the samsung instinct?

whitey10tc
04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
i am new to the site but not new to flashing samsung phones to cricket. i have the moment and i have call and text but not data just wondered if setting up the unit with ##data#, then do the basic setup thats done on the instinct? any help would be great thnx

whats up world any how i have my moment on cricket with talk and txt but not data i have tried everything here and i still cant get it to work? thnx i have flashed samsung phones before and i just wondered if i set the data setting the same as, lets say the samsung instinct?You will find that Android phones are different to set up for WAP/MMS. So to answer your question if the data setting are the same as an Instinct, the answer is No they will be different as layed out above.

kc720
05-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Radical-J
05-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Menu>Settings>Wireless&networks>Dial Up Networking Yes that is how you do it if you are running 2.1...

phantom
06-13-2010, 12:29 AM
is this a full flash? or just talk text cause this phone is too good to be limited to just that it really needs full internet pic messaging ect.

phantom
06-14-2010, 01:49 AM
i got the conectbot download and typed getprop at the local and couldnt get it to scroll so i cant find the msl does the phone need to be rooted or jailbroken?

destructionb
06-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Im on 2.1 stock. So far talk and text have been working quite nicely, I had wap working on 1.5 with anycut, but now on 2.1 it doesnt work. anyone have any idea why that may be??
any help is appreciated

polygaryd
06-18-2010, 06:03 AM
getprop ril.MSL is how you get it right away without scrolling

polygaryd
06-18-2010, 06:09 AM
ok so im fed up with looking for days now for the cricket wap settings. can anyone give me every little bit of info on how to make the wap work on a samsung moment with andriod 2.1? I have talk and text working fine. I have no idea what the settings are for any of the m.ip or ppp etc. I tried anycut and the proxy route but i cant even get it to connect to the data evdo network so the proxy does nothing anyway. I hate paying the dealers either sprint verizon or cricket, whomever to flash or reflash phones because I want to know how they do what they do. I have done a few flashes from altel to sprint and now this sprint to cricket where i can get talk and text to work no problem but never data!! its starting to piss me off big time.

whitey10tc
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
ok so im fed up with looking for days now for the cricket wap settings. can anyone give me every little bit of info on how to make the wap work on a samsung moment with andriod 2.1? I have talk and text working fine. I have no idea what the settings are for any of the m.ip or ppp etc. I tried anycut and the proxy route but i cant even get it to connect to the data evdo network so the proxy does nothing anyway. I hate paying the dealers either sprint verizon or cricket, whomever to flash or reflash phones because I want to know how they do what they do. I have done a few flashes from altel to sprint and now this sprint to cricket where i can get talk and text to work no problem but never data!! its starting to piss me off big time.You make me laugh!
So because your tired of searching you want someone to hand it to you. So for starters why not tell us what you've done so far? What have you tried? Are you using QPST or CDMA WS (and what version)?
Dealers charge to flash to make money, they also spend money for software, cables, and solutions like this one.

On a side note
Out of curiosity How did you get an Alltel ESN into Sprints system? If it's the illegal way we don't want to know.

gman34
06-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I also can't connect to the internet with 2.1.

leelee28
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Tried to flash the samsung moment to cricket something went wrong now the touch screen does not work and its stuck in airplane mode PLEASE HELP

polygaryd
07-13-2010, 01:16 AM
You make me laugh!
So because your tired of searching you want someone to hand it to you. So for starters why not tell us what you've done so far? What have you tried? Are you using QPST or CDMA WS (and what version)?
Dealers charge to flash to make money, they also spend money for software, cables, and solutions like this one.

On a side note
Out of curiosity How did you get an Alltel ESN into Sprints system? If it's the illegal way we don't want to know.

I was merely pointing out that I am not new at this and I can flash as well as reprogram with no issues. Also to answer your question.. YES I want someone with info to post some actual info here or on any other board that people could find. I use cdma 2.7 and the latest QPST, qxdm for any esn changes or meid changes necessary which has nothing to do with cricket wap I know. Dealers want to charge 75 dollars to flash this phone and then when the phone breaks as they all do or freeze up which so far every smart phone/touch screen I've had does, they want to charge again. can you say rip off. I can. there is no info on this stuff really because the dealers wont give it out or anyone who knows anything about it probably has paid a cricket dealer for it and wont let it out. I've tried every solution I could find on the net. any cut which doesnt work. iptables for driod doesnt work, vamps kernel doesnt work. Then I paid for a solution from celltech and guess what IT DOESNT WORK! meatkernel has the netfiltering the wifi tethering program needs but iptables doesnt work, vamps the iptables work but netfiltering doesnt, kronjp's doesnt work either so now I'm trying a bone stock 2.1 rom rooted and the iptables route and autostart I have and see where it goes from there. What I'd like to know is the m.ip ip address ha, primary ha, and secondary ha, as well as all the other programming settings that you would put into the cdma section of qpst. And how the heck do you get rid of the hands free activation crap on this phone. I did it once (because the phone broke within a month!!! that would have been a waste of some serious cash to the cricket dealers huh???) but I cant find that post again. had something to do with putting the meid in cdma or nam slot 0 for user name and activating slot 1 with the real user name and password.

polygaryd
07-13-2010, 01:36 AM
stock rom untouched just rooted doesnt support netfilters... so does anyone know what kernel works for both netfilters and iptables?? I'm going out of my mind with this!

valentinoh
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey guys spittle help here..I believe I entered everything right as I'm now on cricket network talk&txt work
And now I got the Ev signal at top screen
But won't connect..I must admit I did do anycut before I got any
Network going is that really my deal breaker?

whitey10tc
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
What I'd like to know is the m.ip ip address ha, primary ha, and secondary ha, as well as all the other programming settings that you would put into the cdma section of qpst. And how the heck do you get rid of the hands free activation crap on this phone. I did it once (because the phone broke within a month!!! that would have been a waste of some serious cash to the cricket dealers huh???) but I cant find that post again. had something to do with putting the meid in cdma or nam slot 0 for user name and activating slot 1 with the real user name and password.Hope it helps[Hide-thanks]
For the activation bypass try this
* [Only registered and activated users can see links] *
For Ip's try this thread
IP's * [Only registered and activated users can see links] *
These are PST settings for Windows Mobile but should work.
Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.
Although You should only need to change the usernames and passwords and Simple IP.
[/hide-thanks]

stock rom untouched just rooted doesnt support netfilters... so does anyone know what kernel works for both netfilters and iptables?? I'm going out of my mind with this!
I've only done one and I don't remember what ROM it had, the customer had already started by rooting it and flashing a custom ROM.

Hey guys spittle help here..I believe I entered everything right as I'm now on cricket network talk&txt work
And now I got the Ev signal at top screen
But won't connect..I must admit I did do anycut before I got any
Network going is that really my deal breaker?
Be patient give people time to help,

valentinoh
07-13-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm waiting patiently whitey10tc

whitey10tc
07-17-2010, 12:41 AM
For those having problems with wifi tether you might find some helpful info here. [Only registered and activated users can see links]
there is also a link to the kernels page there.

valentinoh
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
well i managed to get talk/txt/EVweb(but my apps dont work) thanks to all the post and posties....if i can help any dial *#147852# go down to cdma data connection change all info to cricket info that you have read a thousand times already for Auth type i used "chap" proxy i put 10.132.25.254 and port 8080 hope this helps someone

vicwire
08-25-2010, 05:50 PM
i am getting there on this moment. so does the mms work or no
?????

whitey10tc
08-25-2010, 11:55 PM
i am getting there on this moment. so does the mms work or no
?????It works with To0's solution, but not sure about any others.

Wrecked Johnson
08-26-2010, 10:34 AM
also you can get the spc on the phone using connectbot and if im not mistaken I think you could use any terminal app but you would run connectbot locally and then run getprop and that will also get you your spc

vicwire
09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
"getprop ril.MSL" will get you spc right away

ArkieKDealer
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
No proxy setup gets everything going except MMS. Tried apns from Eris and Zio but still didn't get it going.

Wrecked Johnson
09-08-2010, 01:46 AM
to0 has the answer to0 this issue, as well as insanecain

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tritron
09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
How you flash new prl file?

Wrecked Johnson
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM

I will help you but you need to read the thread and use google first. At least show me or tell me why you change the prl, then we go from there.

thesmitty68521
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM

This is pretty much thread hijacking. This thread wasn't about loading a PRL file. It was about the Samsung Moment. My suggestion would be to go to this link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Welcome to the forum. I was once new at flashing as well. What helped me become pretty good at it was a lot of reading and searching. And yes, even asking questions on forums like this one.

If you have a question, first do some searching. If that doesn't work out for ya, post a question. But never post a question in a thread that has nothing to do with the question you are asking.

nighthawk626
10-07-2010, 12:02 AM
hey guys im still tryna get internet and mms on my moment. i was able to basic flash it myself but still havent had any luck wit the internet part, even after changing proxys and ports. anyone please?

whitey10tc
10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
hey guys im still tryna get internet and mms on my moment. i was able to basic flash it myself but still havent had any luck wit the internet part, even after changing proxys and ports. anyone please?You will need a ROM and Kernel that support wifi tethering, a u2nl and autostart.sh file. You may need to edit some pst setting and possibly some nv files.

It's not all about proxys and ports or ip tables.

Travis Hester
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys for your help. I'm new to this, but trying to get this Moment to work. Seems I have everything in line and flashed to cricket, but it autoprompts activating with sprint and *228 gets me nowhere. Any suggestions?

Travis Hester
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Nevermind! Got talk and Txt. rooted with Zephies. Changes aaa and Ha to ips Ive seen on the internet. tried broadband workaround. nothing. using cj05 1.5 and i cant figure out the wap.

Anything?

Throw a dog a bone?

jacktovar
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Files to download

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ODIN Downloader/Modified Moment.ops file

Open Odin
Click start.

Re: Samsung Moment...How to flash it to Cricket
Files to download

Open Odin
Click start. is not working the it is ded

ArkieKDealer
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Nevermind! Got talk and Txt. rooted with Zephies. Changes aaa and Ha to ips Ive seen on the internet. tried broadband workaround. nothing. using cj05 1.5 and i cant figure out the wap.

Anything?

Throw a dog a bone?

If you don't care about MMS, use proxyless solution and you are good to go.

aschwiso
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
this is an awesome solution. just tried it and it works great!! Thanks to all who came up with it!!

thesmitty68521
11-16-2010, 12:46 AM
this is an awesome solution. just tried it and it works great!! Thanks to all who came up with it!!

Please use the "Thank you" button. That is sufficient. It takes up space and resources to use a post to thank someone. I'm glad it worked out for you.

darrelljr00
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I have a samsung moment currently on metro pcs.It already has talk and text.. I have custom kernel, its rooted , but no internet.. I went into cdma workshop and edit the settings.. still nothing.. I downloaded autostart but it wont work correctly for some reason.. It never ask me for superuser permission.. ALso i downloaded anycut to put proxy settings in and when i click edit shortcut.. proxy settings shortcut never appears.. can anyone help?

luisny
12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
very close however ##diag# only works on htc devices you need to go into ##debug# and turn on dial-up networking then you can connect to cdma workshop also , drivers are located here
[Only registered and activated users can see links] d=1

yes a good work, only the problem your link no work I need a DRivers. thanks

luisny
12-03-2010, 05:00 AM
help. I need put a prl, and my pc does not detect the mode (debug) # # 33284 #. just see it as a modem . IUSACELL prl need use to mexico

rich hathaway
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
go to settings/wireless & networks/dial up networking and check it and then your pc will be able to see the phone.

luisny
12-03-2010, 04:22 PM
go to settings/wireless & networks/dial up networking and check it and then your pc will be able to see the phone.

thanks Rich hathaway....took days trying to do this and could find no support forum.

thank you very much

I achieved edit and put the prl.

mort_subite
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Re: Samsung Moment...How to flash it to Cricket
Files to download

Open Odin
Click start. is not working the it is ded

Would someone be so kind as to either repost these files or point me in the direction of some working links? I would be ever so grateful.
You guys rock!

Alizone
05-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Would someone be so kind as to either repost these files or point me in the direction of some working links? I would be ever so grateful.
You guys rock!

did you get the files as i need to download them too?

rommel
05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
please i need this files to restore my m900

BR

whitey10tc
05-13-2011, 10:53 AM
please i need this files to restore my m900

BRIf your looking to restore, I would recommend either searching the Moment threads here, or head to [Only registered and activated users can see links] But all the files can be found all over this forum and about 5,000 others.

Oglon3r
09-17-2011, 03:52 AM
I had mine locked because of too many password attempts and these did the trick for me.

Same but with videos