PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Verizon iphone 4 (bad esn) to work with cricket

superkefei
07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi guys,

when it comes to flash to cricket, i did some sprint iphone 4 to cricket without much problem.

now when i try to do the same flash with a verizon bad esn iphone 4, i have some problem:

i follow the standard procedure: jailbreak, cydia.easystudio.com, commcenter patch, PRL update, Cricket Bundle.

at this point, Unlike the sprint flash, which the Cricket logo shows up next to the signal bar, there is nothing on this verizon iphone, just the plain singal bars. and keep getting a pop up saying "iPhone is not activated, contact 800-274-2538".

i believe in my area, i cannot OTA with cricket (this is just my guess, because i had the same problem while working on a sprint iphone 4), so i manually programmed the phone with the MDN and MIN.

after the manual programming, i can start making and receiving phone calls, butthe pop saying "iphone is not activated, contact 800-274-2538" still shows up once awhile. and no cricket logo.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

this phone is on $55 monthly plan with cricket.

this is the problem i have. my biggest concern is not even the data, i just want to know why there is no cricket logo, and the iPhone is not activated pop-up never goes away.

is there any difference between the verizon and sprint way to flash to cricket?

sorry about the long post, please give me some idea.

thanks!

captainkirks
07-19-2012, 02:27 PM
When you call 611 is going to verizon or cricket? Might try different prl thats in the pasckages.

superkefei
07-19-2012, 02:52 PM
thanks kirk, i will try the other PRL in just a second, in the process of restoring the phone.

so there shouldn't be any problem flashing a verizon bad esn to cricket, right?

why don't i see the carrier logo like the when i flash the sprint to cricket?

superkefei
07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
UPDATE:
i have changed a couple different PRL, still the same problem.

i have tested the *611, goes right to cricket.

but no carrier logo, and in setting, phone, my number is unknown, no number under contacts either.

but incoming and out going call works.

any clue?

this is just my demo line, i don't mind post the number so a cricket dealer can take a look my account? maybe something to do with that? but again, talking works fine...

rich hathaway
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

superkefei
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
check the carrier bundle, i am pretty sure it is verizon, because i see 310VZW everywhere. (by the way, i got this right from easyflashstudio repo)
still no logo, and says "iPhone is not be activated".
restore and redo it, same problem. any suggestion?

rich hathaway
07-19-2012, 06:40 PM
did you flash with dfs?

superkefei
07-19-2012, 07:59 PM
rich,

i didn't use DFS, i have my own. if you read my pm, you know what i am talking about ;)

anyway, let me try to ask the question a different way:

1. when you flash a verizon iphone 4 to cricket, at what point the phone says "phone is activated"? is it after the *228 OTA? when i flash sprint to page plus, i see the Carrier name/logo, and the pop up "phone is activated" after OTA. does it means OTA is needed in order to "activate" the phone?

2. are there such areas that there is cricket coverage (maybe roaming), but cannot OTA? if so, how can i tell? my zip is 13760. i can ##nam to enter the MDN MIN, and talk and text afterward. but can never *228, or *22804

3. is it possible to get the "phone is activated" message without OTA? for example, jail break, commcenter patch, PRL, carrier bundle, ##NAM. after all these, should the phone say "phone is activated"? or still need to *228 to complete the "activation" process?

sorry i know that is many qusetino at once. please give me some ideas.

thanks!

rich hathaway
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
you dont need ota to get authentic activtion,and by that i do not mean "hactivation"

the tool activates the phone automatic.

cricket will not ota in many areas for a bunch of diff reasons. however the ota is being blocked by cricket\apple for the ip's per contract w/apple so ota really is out unless you change your meid.
but i dont know about how you flashed but you should be able to get data (full 3g) after flashed with cricket if you are capable of writing user and pass's with the good prl and sid. and like i said the carrier logos are tricky for the ip.there is several reasons why it would not show up.
really i could write a novel about carrier logos and do's and dont's

superkefei
07-19-2012, 08:39 PM
the carrier logo doesn't bug me, what i really want to do is the "authentic activation".

you mentioned "the tool activates the phone automatic." can you be more specific? what tool are you talking about? the one you are releasing? is there any method available for just the authentic activation?
thanks

rich hathaway
07-19-2012, 09:22 PM
yes the "iphonecdmatool" will activate,the only other other tool that i know of that will without the hactivation,which leads to the dreaded battery consumption issue, is itunes or for the stores that sell the iphones we have a tool from apple that will activate iphones so that we may evaluate and get into the phones and activate for the customer when we sell them.

superkefei
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
so itune can "authentic activate" a phone in my situation? if so, can you point me to the right direction? thanks

superkefei
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
yes the "iphonecdmatool" will activate,the only other other tool that i know of that will without the hactivation,which leads to the dreaded battery consumption issue, is itunes or for the stores that sell the iphones we have a tool from apple that will activate iphones so that we may evaluate and get into the phones and activate for the customer when we sell them.

UPDATE:
get the talk, text, 3G web working. still tell me "iphone is not activated". and mms is not working.

any more suggestion?

rich hathaway
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
have you tried plugging it to itunes,then pwr off and back on? itunes should either activate or give error for activation..if you trouble still have use my tool in a couple days when it open.

superkefei
07-20-2012, 01:17 AM
you know what, i am not going to worry about the carrier logo and the "not activated" message for now, because those do not affect the phone functions.

this is my progress:
after applied the PRL, applied the Cricket Bundle in your repo, and ##NAM to program MDN, MIN, i have talk and test, working, 3G data working (with sid, username and passcode written with my own method).

problem is, MMS is not working.

from my understanding, as long as the data is working (which means i have the correct sid, username and passcode written to the phone), and the right carrier bundle (from your repo), the MMS should work along with the web data, correct?

so what could be the problem here with the Non-working mms? incoming and outgoing are not working. while sending, got a exclamation mark next to the picture.

please point me to the right direction. thanks!

sofargone
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey, Superkerel, I sent you a direct message.

captainkirks
07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
you know what, i am not going to worry about the carrier logo and the "not activated" message for now, because those do not affect the phone functions.

this is my progress:
after applied the PRL, applied the Cricket Bundle in your repo, and ##NAM to program MDN, MIN, i have talk and test, working, 3G data working (with sid, username and passcode written with my own method).

problem is, MMS is not working.

from my understanding, as long as the data is working (which means i have the correct sid, username and passcode written to the phone), and the right carrier bundle (from your repo), the MMS should work along with the web data, correct?

so what could be the problem here with the Non-working mms? incoming and outgoing are not working. while sending, got a exclamation mark next to the picture.

please point me to the right direction. thanks!

The carrier bundle should fix it, I found having a different prl that works better helps the mms. I use 42900 for aws even when not in an aws market, when I x228 the phone it gives me prl 35507 that works great.